Matches Crewe

Ummm, in regards to not following regulations, unsure. On the face of it that would seem to be the case, but Artell says in the press conference that no PHE regulations were broken by Crewe.
Again, thanks for coming on here to relay what you’ve heard, and apologies for the people who seem to think you personally are responsible for the match being postponed!

Do you know, or did your source tell you, what KR is supposed to have said in his alleged phone calls with your players? It seems a weird thing to make up, but also a weird thing for KR to have done.

Don't knock it, this is the only thing to read whilst refreshing and hoping something pops up in the transfer deadline section!!!

Sssshhhhhh this odb keeping Bazzer occupied and mostly away from that thread *

**Haven’t checked that thread yet so he may have lost it by now [emoji23]**

** All good fun Baz x

Again, thanks for coming on here to relay what you’ve heard, and apologies for the people who seem to think you personally are responsible for the match being postponed!

Do you know, or did your source tell you, what KR is supposed to have said in his alleged phone calls with your players? It seems a weird thing to make up, but also a weird thing for KR to have done.
No, I had no idea about the phone calls on Tuesday sorry.

And no problem, I’ve enjoyed it! Given me something to do.

That actually makes some sort of sense. My guess is events went something like this:

Following the first postponement and subsequent Wigan game, PHE (possibly at the request of some third party) decide to check Crewe's C!9 protocols.

PHE find that protocols are not being correctly followed and inform the club and EFL of this. The match is then postponed.

Everything else that comes from Crewe (club not poster) is simply badly handled PR damage limitation.

BTW PHE do not generally "lean on" people or organisations, and they do try and be discrete where possible. They much prefer the cooperation of the people the work and will therefore try to avoid causing embarrassment if they can.
Well yes, lean on slightly crass. But it seems to me they made it clear Tuesdays game cannot go ahead until Crewe prove they have no/an acceptably low level of Covid in the squad.

But to make clear, and obviously he could be making it up, but Artell says no PHE guidelines broken and also hints that PHE were happy with the club’s procedures. But I must admit, that goes slightly against logic in terms of Tuesday being PP.

And to be clear, i know naff all about PHE.

Ummm, in regards to not following regulations, unsure. On the face of it that would seem to be the case, but Artell says in the press conference that no PHE regulations were broken by Crewe.

That sounds like PR spin. PHE exist to provide advice to Government (who may well base their regulations on that advice) and other organisations. It is therefore quite possible that PHE identified breaches in C19 protocols etc. without having breached PHE regulations.

As well as an EFL statement on all this we need a strong official response from OUFC. Artell is making very specific accusations against KR and others. Artell has chosen to make this a serious public matter now, presumably to deflect attention from his club's handling of the whole thing (note the repetition of "to my knowledge" every time he says that no rules have been broken).

That sounds like PR spin. PHE exist to provide advice to Government (who may well base their regulations on that advice) and other organisations. It is therefore quite possible that PHE identified breaches in C19 protocols etc. without having breached PHE regulations.
TBH I know nothing about PHE.

The first cancellation you did but was that Dave Artell fault? No it was that muppet Omar Beckles fault, as regard the 2nd one there is a cloud over that one, did Crewe travel to Oxford for the 2nd game?

I don’t hold or think @Crewe is responsibly and I do believe he is trying to explain why Crewe had 2’gakes of ours called of with the 2nd fixture being labelled as failing to fulfil a fixture. This alone says Crewe have acted irresponsibly in which case with the EFL investigating why these 2 games did not happen yet the one in between did it downlsnt bode well for Crewe.

Sssshhhhhh this odb keeping Bazzer occupied and mostly away from that thread *

**Haven’t checked that thread yet so he may have lost it by now [emoji23]**

** All good fun Baz x
Sod all happening on that thread and possibly highly unlikely. So I am still hoping for an answer did Crewe travel for Tuesdays game?

As well as an EFL statement on all this we need a strong official response from OUFC. Artell is making very specific accusations against KR and others. Artell has chosen to make this a serious public matter now, presumably to deflect attention from his club's handling of the whole thing (note the repetition of "to my knowledge" every time he says that no rules have been broken).
He Artell has brought the integrity of KR and OUFC into question and that’s damned rude

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom