National News Covidiots.....

No we wouldn’t but if he had the U.K. would be in a worse situation with their handling of the coronavirus.

So I assume you can see alternative futures then?

How did Oxford do when Jim Smith decided to stay in 1985? Did we still win the Milk Cup?

He’s done well and he chancellor didn’t mess around he spent 339 billion to try and help this country. But they have eased the lockdown to soon and I fear there will be a 2nd spike and it will be worse.

I dread to think what the death toll would need to be if you'd thought he'd done badly!

No we wouldn’t but if he had the U.K. would be in a worse situation with their handling of the coronavirus.
On the basis that none of us has any idea how a Labour government would have handled the Coronavirus, let alone a bloke who no longer has any position of power, it would be great if you could explain your hypothesis. Ta.

What evidence are you basing this on? What specifically do you know that makes you certain that it would be worse?
I haven’t but it wouldn’t be any better and he would be more interested in trying to push through us remaining in the IK and taxing everyone oh and organising the free broadband m,then he may get round to the little matter of COVID-19

So more people could die directly through a choice government have made and that still means they have done well?
Up until Fridays announcement they probably did as well as they could but not so much now without really looking into the easing up of the lockdown thoroughly. Seeing all those idiots over the weekend.

So I assume you can see alternative futures then?

How did Oxford do when Jim Smith decided to stay in 1985? Did we still win the Milk Cup?
Hear they come out of the bloody woodwork same old loonie labour

I haven’t but it wouldn’t be any better and he would be more interested in trying to push through us remaining in the IK and taxing everyone oh and organising the free broadband m,then he may get round to the little matter of COVID-19

So just guessing then and I so wanted to know what would have happened if Jim Smith had stayed in charge.

Meanwhile Johnson is pushing us into a no deal Brexit and lower food standards....

On the basis that none of us has any idea how a Labour government would have handled the Coronavirus, let alone a bloke who no longer has any position of power, it would be great if you could explain your hypothesis. Ta.
If labour had won the election instead of cocking uo there chances with the same old crap oh and let’s not forget the free broadband we won’t know by t I doubt they would be any where near what the chancellor has done even a decent labour leader in sir Kier Starmer applauding the government and the financial support that the conservative government have given. Yes mistakes have been made everyone makes mistakes This is a situation that there hasn’t been since the plague, so yes lessons will be learned as a result..... in just waiting now on the loony labour to start moaning about a new set of austerity measures as result of the financial help.

So just guessing then and I so wanted to know what would have happened if Jim Smith had stayed in charge.

Meanwhile Johnson is pushing us into a no deal Brexit and lower food standards....
The no deal will partly come about by Barnier and that idiot Macron

Of course, we will never know, but I think people *would* have accepted those measures.
For the majority, they were (and still are) staying at home except for going food shopping when they had to - so many of those restrictions would have made no difference. Many have been saying for months that the borders should have been shut apart from those being repatriated, for example. They *still* are not.
Are British people much different than other people all over the world? Not very - I do think we should have locked down harder and quicker, and although I am sure some people would have moaned, we would have got on with it. With the added benefit that it would have been very, very clear what you would be allowed to do and not do.
Look at the state of what is happening in the UK now. All a result of mixed messages and 'giving people an inch'.
People would have accepted that if they’d been allowed out for daily exercise. I think the police presence should have been more visible but I suspect we just don’t have the numbers any more

Yes. Boris and co are probably under pressure to appease their benefactors to get the economy moving.
Very rich people will be more worried about losing money than saving lives of a few thousand plebs!!
To be fair that’s our money as well - pensions, investments, jobs

Just had a business call with someone from Canada (Vancouver specifically) who said that we appear to be doing the worst job in the world at handling covid from where they’re sitting, because even though America are stupid and have more cases overall, proportionately we seem to be a total basket case. Plus they expect America to be thick and useless, but not us. “It looks so bad from where we are that it’s almost like you’re trying to be the best at being the worst.”

Don’t worry - I set her straight. Told her that these colours don’t run, and that she should eat her poutine and shut the hell up. We don’t need those bloody lumberjacks spouting their mouths off about how we tend to our herd. Maple syrup my a**e.

Back
Top Bottom