National News Covidiots.....

No we wouldn’t but if he had the U.K. would be in a worse situation with their handling of the coronavirus.

Corbyn was clearly not electable as shown by the significant Conservative landslide, which would suggest people had no faith in his policies or his ability to run the country.

However, all said and done, we will never have a way of knowing how his party would have managed this situation.

Corbyn was clearly not electable as shown by the significant Conservative landslide, which would suggest people had no faith in his policies or his ability to run the country.

However, all said and done, we will never have a way of knowing how his party would have managed this situation.
Well, exactly. Any partisan talk of how badly (or how well) Corbyn or any other Labour leader would have handled the crisis is pointless and slightly ridiculous.

I voted Tory always have done, do I agree with all their policies? No I don’t.
I do however at the point of which the coronavirus was taking hold felt Boris was the person to the job, however the last month or so he hasn’t covered himself well and he doesn’t appear to be trying to repair the damage that has happened.

The government never wanted to go into lockdown so we went in to late and fairly feebly, the country getting behind it made it part effective, the government then got a bit woolly with the message just as people were getting itchy feet and that opened the floodgates.

We have now spent the money we had to survive this, couldn’t afford to go back into lockdown if we wanted to, couldn’t get people back into lockdown if we tried so we are in a strange situation where we are sorting of pretending to do something which is not very effective but that is still costing us an absolute fortune and destroying the economy.

It would be more honest and better financially just to end this charade now and let everything open back up, rather than carry on the pretence at great expense but for no real gains.

Our only real hope is that this sorts itself out in some miraculous way, hopefully Johnson is a lucky general because he ain’t a good one.

It would be more honest and better financially just to end this charade now and let everything open back up, rather than carry on the pretence at great expense but for no real gains.
I have said this countless times - just be honest. You’ve got nothing left as it is, so at least just tell the truth and tell us where we are and what’s next. But that isn’t something this group of people have ever done, nor will they ever do. They can’t tell the truth because it would allow people to see how clueless and ineffective they are, and they wouldn’t be able to just throw slogans at people to get them onside. The entire lot of them have got to where they are via slogans and lies, not through having any real idea of what they’re doing. A group of people educated beyond their own intelligence is the best way to sum them up.

We don’t do political honesty in this country. We never have in my lifetime, but I would think more of an idiot who puts their hand up and goes “I’m a bit of an idiot to be honest” than one who guffaws and blusters their way through a crisis while telling us all how clever they are. As I always say, an idiot is nowhere near as dangerous as an idiot who thinks they’re clever.

Do you think Johnson is trying to steal a march on other european Country’s economies while putting the health of a nation at risk?, if there is no second spike then he’s gambled and won, if there is .......

And now they are putting incoming air travellers into quarantine - at exactly the point at which virtually everywhere else has a BETTER set of Covid numbers than we do! That should also have been done much earlier - other countries did that and are now easing restrictions. We are now allowing home citizens to wander about spreading the disease willy-nilly but stopping Johnny Foreigner coming here to get themselves infected.
But that's OK because we have a modern track and trace system up and running. "Hello, is that Whitehall 1212? I am feeling a little out of sorts after going to Brighton beach last week with hundreds of thousands of others. What now?"

Last edited:
Do you think Johnson is trying to steal a march on other european Country’s economies while putting the health of a nation at risk?, if there is no second spike then he’s gambled and won, if there is .......
He might be....but he's an even bigger moron than I thought possible if that is the case.

How can you possibly re-open your economy effectively when so many of the workers who make it tick are still at serious risk of contracting and spreading a virus that has no cure and we have no immunity over?

What is the percentage of population who are thought to have already had Covid-19? 7, 8, 9% maybe?....so what is going to happen when we open up with no effective track and trace, no effective quarantine measure, feeble lockdown now being widely flouted?

IF the policy was heard immunity all along (and I think it always was), then we may get there over the next year or two with many times the deaths we now have, end up screwing our economy and f##king our health service in the process...all of which will somehow need to be paid for somehow.

But fear not, Boris and his chums, many of whom have propped him up, will stand to win big if the economy fails.

He is a gambler that is for sure....but he is crap at getting the right# result and his history shows us that.

# by right result, I mean the one where you and I and our loved ones don;t suffer....Boris will be just dandy!

I do however at the point of which the coronavirus was taking hold felt Boris was the person to the job, however the last month or so he hasn’t covered himself well and he doesn’t appear to be trying to repair the damage that has happened.

I do feel that as each week has gone by this has become more of a clusterfuck.

I do not understand why you every 'felt Boris was the person to (do) the job'. What had he achieved in the past to make you come to this conclusion? Why has it taken this omnishambles for you to see through his bluster and bullshit?

I have wondered that before. But not only do I think they’re not that ‘clever’ or organised to have any sort of plan along those lines, even if that WERE the case, it would be intentionally and secretively allowing tens and hundreds of thousands of people to die by the end. Which would be murder / genocide / other naughty words that people get upset about.

I do not understand why you every 'felt Boris was the person to (do) the job'. What had he achieved in the past to make you come to this conclusion? Why has it taken this omnishambles for you to see through his bluster and bullshit?

The simple answer to that is that the electorate thought there was no viable alternative.

However I wouldn`t describe the current situation, for the majority of people, as being an omnishambles.
Some 8.5 million folk are getting paid by the taxpayer, the support system has certainly "stepped up" for most.
There will be some who fall through the cracks but you can not possibly capture all and Rishi Sunak was abundantly clear about that.
In amongst all that some peoples behaviour has let them down, but that is just a fact of life that not everyone "does the right thing".

The government never wanted to go into lockdown so we went in to late and fairly feebly, the country getting behind it made it part effective, the government then got a bit woolly with the message just as people were getting itchy feet and that opened the floodgates.

We have now spent the money we had to survive this, couldn’t afford to go back into lockdown if we wanted to, couldn’t get people back into lockdown if we tried so we are in a strange situation where we are sorting of pretending to do something which is not very effective but that is still costing us an absolute fortune and destroying the economy.

Our only real hope is that this sorts itself out in some miraculous way, hopefully Johnson is a lucky general because he ain’t a good one.

It be more honest and better financially just to end this charade now and let everything open back up, rather than carry on the pretence at great expense but for no real gains.

it maybe better financially but the risk is still to great.yes there is a lot of arrogance and ignorance regarding COVID-19 but we’re not out of the woods yet, if anybody think it would be ok we’re not going to catch it and if we do it’s only mild so we can’t harm anyone....then think again!

Careful,!some will agree as I do but I think now there are lot who will disagree and think all this is B*****s.

I have wondered that before. But not only do I think they’re not that ‘clever’ or organised to have any sort of plan along those lines, even if that WERE the case, it would be intentionally and secretively allowing tens and hundreds of thousands of people to die by the end. Which would be murder / genocide / other naughty words that people get upset about.
If I was being sceptical I'd say ...
The reason the UK didn't sign up for the European procurement of PPE was that we'd end up being forced into funding the European Covid bailout. I've no idea what happened to all the small and large companies offering or actually building ventilators, but this seems to have faded away from front page news.

At some top level above Sage, there has been a decision that eradicating the virus is impossible, so instead we get on with managing it. Keeping people cooped up forever isn't feasible and . So this top level decision has also been that out of the two, people meeting outside is better than meeting inside and so let people meet outside.

But there's also a Brexit undertone to it. That the government is discouraging workers from other countries staying here, and that the Covid is making people think they are better off going "back home".

Also a "social cleansing" undertone as alluded to by RB and that if people die, well they probably weren't contributing much to the economy anyway. (elderly, underlying health issues etc).

Because this bull s**t would have happened with any government. But just to let you know I would never vote for anyone else. But yes there is a lot of bullshit same as any of the other political parties would have come out with if they were in power.
What Cummings did was wrong and should go what Alastair Campbell dis for Blair over the Iraq war he should have gone to prison.
Political chief advisers are in every political party and they all lie.

If I was being sceptical I'd say ...
The reason the UK didn't sign up for the European procurement of PPE was that we'd end up being forced into funding the European Covid bailout. I've no idea what happened to all the small and large companies offering or actually building ventilators, but this seems to have faded away from front page news.

At some top level above Sage, there has been a decision that eradicating the virus is impossible, so instead we get on with managing it. Keeping people cooped up forever isn't feasible and . So this top level decision has also been that out of the two, people meeting outside is better than meeting inside and so let people meet outside.

But there's also a Brexit undertone to it. That the government is discouraging workers from other countries staying here, and that the Covid is making people think they are better off going "back home".

Also a "social cleansing" undertone as alluded to by RB and that if people die, well they probably weren't contributing much to the economy anyway. (elderly, underlying health issues etc).

And you were doing so well

Because this bull s**t would have happened with any government. But just to let you know I would never vote for anyone else. But yes there is a lot of bullshit same as any of the other political parties would have come out with if they were in power.
What Cummings did was wrong and should go what Alastair Campbell dis for Blair over the Iraq war he should have gone to prison.
Political chief advisers are in every political party and they all lie.
You've completely missed what I asked.

I didn't ask why did you vote Tory? I didn't ask is Cummings worst than Campbel was?

I asked why, in your words, you 'felt Boris was the person to (do) the job'? What had he achieved in the past to make you come to this conclusion?

our glorious fuhrer leader has proclaimed hes going to 'Take Back Control" .... this time its taking back control of CV19,.... exactly who is the buffoon planning on actually taking back control from? ... I didn't realise 'someone' had control of CV19, hence the pandemic .... or does Bojo actually mean he's about to finally 'take back control' from his puppeteer Cummings? ? :oops: :rolleyes:

Torygraph .....

Back
Top Bottom