National News Covidiots.....

Not only are they spreading disease, they are also leaving their filth behind.

Bloody disgrace.....heartbreaking that people can be so selfish and show utter disregard.View attachment 3809
You are right....it is utterly heartbreaking that people could be so disrespectful.

Symptomatic of the privileged, me first and f*ck the rest culture we've been nurturing for the last few decades.

Utterly shameful.

Not only are they spreading disease, they are also leaving their filth behind.

Bloody disgrace.....heartbreaking that people can be so selfish and show utter disregard.View attachment 3809

The owner of that area said he had to open the car parks to stop the traffic congregating on the road, well he should have spoken to the local council and the police and had the road shut, I think It’s only the holiday camp that is also reachable by the same road so with that closed why couldn’t he have spoken to the authorities. No point on moaning about it.

more locally Chinnor , Chinnor lakes (which are toxic) were over run with daytrippers over the weekend, so much so Chinnor residents couldn't get access to their own homes. Reports of irresponsible parking, huge weight of numbers, open and blatant drug dealing and use on going, and peoples gardens used by visitors to have a dump!- Owners of Chinnor lakes installed security & security dog patrols yesterday- which was like closing the stable door after the horse had escaped!

more locally Chinnor , Chinnor lakes (which are toxic) were over run with daytrippers over the weekend, so much so Chinnor residents couldn't get access to their own homes. Reports of irresponsible parking, huge weight of numbers, open and blatant drug dealing and use on going, and peoples gardens used by visitors to have a dump!- Owners of Chinnor lakes installed security & security dog patrols yesterday- which was like closing the stable door after the horse had escaped!

Police didn’t seem that bothered, what are they paid to do

We have a similar lake up here......................

Easy to spot those who swim in it, they rack up in casualty a few days later a funny colour and with "sore skin" as it has a ph value of around 11.6+ ...... a bit more than bleach.

The authorities have tried everything from dying it black with food dye to telling folk what is in it....... scrapped cars, dead sheep etc etc.

Doesn`t stop them.

Easy to spot those who swim in it, they rack up in casualty a few days later a funny colour and with "sore skin" as it has a ph value of around 11.6+ ...... a bit more than bleach.

The authorities have tried everything from dying it black with food dye to telling folk what is in it....... scrapped cars, dead sheep etc etc.

Doesn`t stop them.

Muppets

Doesn`t stop them.
Can we throw Trump in there and tell hi it's a cure for Covid?

Christ!! Looking at the colour of that lake they must be glowing in the dark..... Covid would be the least of their problems.

Well who would have thought that meeting up with mates in a Shisha bar and then going to family parties might spread the virus?
After all, a shisha bar doesn't involve anything stupid like sharing a hookah pipe or breathing vapours around.

I think the totality of this thread illustrates *perfectly* why you *cannot* just leave the management of this pandemic to the 'common sense' of people.

TELL people what they MUST do in this situation. Fine them if they don't do it. Lock them up if they transgress again. The vast majority of us are not going to beaches (and leaving sh!t all over the place) or having parties - those that are doing so are putting everyone else at risk. If it was just themselves, then I couldn't care less. But it isn't.

It is sheer selfishness - doing what they know they shouldn't because they are 'bored of it now', taking advantage of an increasingly woolly message from the authorities, spreading disease because they are too thick and entitled to be thoughtful of others.

The genie is now out of the bottle - I really hope that the rest of us don't suffer in the months to come.

I think the totality of this thread illustrates *perfectly* why you *cannot* just leave the management of this pandemic to the 'common sense' of people.

TELL people what they MUST do in this situation. Fine them if they don't do it. Lock them up if they transgress again. The vast majority of us are not going to beaches (and leaving sh!t all over the place) or having parties - those that are doing so are putting everyone else at risk. If it was just themselves, then I couldn't care less. But it isn't.

It is sheer selfishness - doing what they know they shouldn't because they are 'bored of it now', taking advantage of an increasingly woolly message from the authorities, spreading disease because they are too thick and entitled to be thoughtful of others.

The genie is now out of the bottle - I really hope that the rest of us don't suffer in the months to come.
Agree with every word of that. My only concern is that there are so many antisocial idiots around how will rules be enforced, particularly if quarantining of incoming travellers is introduced and police forces are required to monitor that too?

Agree with every word of that. My only concern is that there are so many antisocial idiots around how will rules be enforced, particularly if quarantining of incoming travellers is introduced and police forces are required to monitor that too?
That's why I think the genie is out of the bottle. The lockdown was particularly effective to start with, and it was seen as the *right* thing to do - praiseworthy and even a little bit heroic of us (to stay at home and watch Netflix while we worried about bog roll!). We were self-policing to a large extent. Now it has been relaxed (for reasons that make little sense to me) the chances of getting those people back indoors again by persuasion, threat or force seem very small indeed. The country will have to just take the consequences of whatever follows - I hope there won't be any, but fear that there might.

Last edited:
That's why I think the genie is out of the bottle. The lockdown was particularly effective to start with, and it was seen as the *right* thing to do - praiseworthy and even a little bit heroic of us (to stay at home and watch Netflix while we worried about bog roll!). We were self-policing to a large extent. Now it has been relaxed (for reasons that make little sense to me) the chances of getting those people back indoors again either persuasion, threat or force seem very small indeed. The country will have to just take the consequences of whatever follows - I hope there won't be any, but fear that there might.
It has very quickly become 'restoring the economy versus controlling Covid-19', and the former is winning. Until we have a vaccine, or at least an effective tracing regime, the most vulnerable section of the population will remain in danger from the virus, and the rest of us will be reliant on DC's 'herd immunity' theory. (Assuming herd immunity works and the virus isn't able to re-ignite in an already infected person - we don't know enough about it yet).

That's why I think the genie is out of the bottle. The lockdown was particularly effective to start with, and it was seen as the *right* thing to do - praiseworthy and even a little bit heroic of us (to stay at home and watch Netflix while we worried about bog roll!). We were self-policing to a large extent. Now it has been relaxed (for reasons that make little sense to me) the chances of getting those people back indoors again either persuasion, threat or force seem very small indeed. The country will have to just take the consequences of whatever follows - I hope there won't be any, but fear that there might.
Everybody I knew or spoke to at the time was happy to lockdown even harder and faster than we did. I think 99% of the country would’ve had a mentality of “If we are going to stop our lives and potentially lose a lot either way, let’s just knock this thing out as hard and fast as we can so it’s at least as worthwhile as possible”. The timing and the strength of lockdown failed us; as a society we overwhelmingly did what we were told. So as soon as even that was gone, it was game over. Good luck pivoting back to “stay at home” now that the plebs have been released. The change in behaviour from one message to the other is undeniable proof that the messaging empowered people to break rank. It’s almost like the government shut the door to the chicken coup after the fox was already inside, despite being told for weeks that the Fox was hitting every farm on the same stretch. Then once they realised they’d merely locked the fox in with the chickens, the people in charge started hopping around and flapping their arms, and then opened the door and just ran away while screaming “Do the right thing, chickens, this isn’t our fault!”

As I said previously, the entire thing is either gross incompetence that stems from a hapless regime, or it’s something more sinister. There are no other options, which means that either way they’ve shown themselves to be unworthy of their positions.

Amen.

Back
Top Bottom