International News Covid-19 .....

But that's exactly my point! Holding "two contrary positions they are trying to maintain" is crap messenging!

Whilst some of the messages may have been ambiguous the morons and i'm alright jacks of society "chose" to interpret them in a manner that suited them and "chose" to ignore it regardless and your answer is to stop 99.999999999999999999% of decent people from stepping outside their house. Meanwhile the morons and i'm alright jacks will continue to meet in the parks, have bbq, parties etc.
Some of us single parents with a young child cannot even pop to the shop for "essentials" and are waiting 4/5 weeks for online delivery are sourcing local suppliers of fruit and veg etc...Others cannot see their elderly relatives or are standing at the window, some will possibly never see them again or be able to be with them in their final moments as they suffer alone but hey let's not worry these deaths are only a numbers game, let's stick the dog in the car and drive 10/15 miles to take a walk or meet up in the park for a jolly up, after all the sun is out.

Whilst some of the messages may have been ambiguous the morons and i'm alright jacks of society "chose" to interpret them in a manner that suited them and "chose" to ignore it regardless and your answer is to stop 99.999999999999999999% of decent people from stepping outside their house. Meanwhile the morons and i'm alright jacks will continue to meet in the parks, have bbq, parties etc.
Some of us single parents with a young child cannot even pop to the shop for "essentials" and are waiting 4/5 weeks for online delivery are sourcing local suppliers of fruit and veg etc...Others cannot see their elderly relatives or are standing at the window, some will possibly never see them again or be able to be with them in their final moments as they suffer alone but hey let's not worry these deaths are only a numbers game, let's stick the dog in the car and drive 10/15 miles to take a walk or meet up in the park for a jolly up after all the sun is out.
No I didn't! Show me where I've asked for it. I don't want a complete lockdown! I've never argued for a complete lockdown. I said the government's communication had been lacking.

Why are we not all just doing what we want then?
Are you being deliberately obtuse? Most people get the message. The stupid ones don't so the government should have ensured the messages are 100% watertight. It hasn't.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Most people get the message. The stupid ones don't so the government should have ensured the messages are 100% watertight. It hasn't.
I would add to 'the stupid', 'the arrogant' (Catherine Calderwood).

no i'm saying all but 0.0000000000001% have got it and the morons stupid one's i'm alright jacks have "chosen" not too and will continue to do so regardless of how something is worded.What did many do when came the announcement of pubs will close?, they went outside on their phones ringing mates telling them to hurry and get there as the pubs are going to be closing. We have laws in this country broken everyday and it matters not who is in number 10, what they say or make it Law the above will still continue on their selfish cycle.

Sadly, the massaging isn`t keeping to the social distancing....unless it is someone in your household. :):)

The key message is incredibly simple..... stay at home, protect the NHS, Save lives. The "problems" begin when individuals think that what they want to do supersedes that message.
Am i being politically incorrect to suggest that - from the pictures on TV, and what i see for myself round here - most of those individuals are in the under 30 age bracket?

no i'm saying all but 0.0000000000001% have got it and the morons stupid one's i'm alright jacks have "chosen" not too and will continue to do so regardless of how something is worded.What did many do when came the announcement of pubs will close?, they went outside on their phones ringing mates telling them to hurry and get there as the pubs are going to be closing. We have laws in this country broken everyday and it matters not who is in number 10, what they say or make it Law the above will still continue on their selfish cycle.
There will always be a number who don't listen to the message. The clearer the message is, the few that number will be. The government's messages could and should have been clearer.

Lucky I'm not working on government comms as I've completely failed to get my message over to some of you on here! ?

Am i being politically incorrect to suggest that - from the pictures on TV, and what i see for myself round here - most of those individuals are in the under 30 age bracket?
I think you are right. I suspect that the fact many/most of the victims of the virus have been elderly and/or in poor health has made *some* younger, fit people think it doesn't apply to them somehow. The fact that they can pass it on to others seems to have sailed right over their heads (or through the vacant space between their ears).

Can only be “100% watertight“ if you introduce total lockdown as in Spain, which is then heavily policed with real authority.
There is a difference between a watertight message and the message being 100% effecrltive

Can only be “100% watertight“ if you introduce total lockdown as in Spain, which is then heavily policed with real authority.

Spain's total lockdown isn't much more 'restrictive' than here in the UK - 2 main differences being, 1) IF you are 'out and about' documentation is an absolute requirement 2) the authorities have clear instructions on how enforce government restrictions

Below - Spanish rules, regs & requirements - translated into English ( & yes there one or two that haven't translated too well from Spanish into English) - interesting nonetheless ....

92593760_10223370981489188_5019616935550124032_n.jpg

• React
Reactions: QR
Spain, Italy &France are all using the police, their para-military and military forces to enforce their lockdown.

We are being more civil about it, however the stupid people are taking advantage of that.

If the Army were on the streets rather than delivering medical supplies people might take notice.

As ever it seems the more diverse cities are having the problems. Here in Leicester the police had to close off at least two local country park car parks to stop "family get togethers" because its "OK outside having a bar b q innit" ??

People don`t seems to understand it is OK to go out with the people in your household but not your granny from 20 miles away!

Back
Top Bottom