International News Covid-19 .....

"It is likely, though, that the concerns he expressed in his interview - about school closures, an NHS backlog and the economic impact of the pandemic - will be shared by a significant segment of the Conservative membership."

A definite case of yes, maybe - but hindsight is wonderful thing!

Well, who'd have guessed eh. I wonder if they teach such morals to their pupils?

Robert Halfon, the Conservative chair of the education select committee, said this year’s results showed the private sector had “milked the system for all it was worth” in the pandemic .

So after 2.5 years and getting to the point where I was thinking I'm immune I've managed to catch covid. Amazing given the amount of people I've been in the company of that have had it yet I don't know anyone with it now. Anyone got any tips or advice how to get over it ASAP

after 2.5 years and getting to the point where I was thinking I'm immune I've managed to catch covid. Amazing given the amount of people I've been in the company of that have had it yet I don't know anyone with it now. Anyone got any tips or advice how to get over it ASAP

Just had it but mild. Paracetamol and doing as little as possible due to feeling knackered. I don't think there is much else you can do.

Cheers guys, I dont think ive ever felt as ill as I did on Friday, I still feel ropey but it is more like man flu rather than being given the biggest kicking of all time. I cant take paracetamol and seem to remember ibuprofen wasnt recommended, did I imagine that?

Ibuprofen will be fine if you can`t take paracetamol, there were concerns early on when people were suffering cytokine storms and ibuprofen seemed to accelerate the problem, but with variants etc that advice has changed.

As above - fluids & rest will help you recover but everyone seems to react differently.

So after 2.5 years and getting to the point where I was thinking I'm immune I've managed to catch covid. Amazing given the amount of people I've been in the company of that have had it yet I don't know anyone with it now. Anyone got any tips or advice how to get over it ASAP
I'm just the same, although I've not got it too badly yet.

Cheers guys, I dont think ive ever felt as ill as I did on Friday, I still feel ropey but it is more like man flu rather than being given the biggest kicking of all time. I cant take paracetamol and seem to remember ibuprofen wasnt recommended, did I imagine that?
I've just recovered (-ish) and like you, I had managed to evade it. Overall I would compare it with flu with lots of fatigue subsequently, and a sense of 'it's not quite gone'. What others have said is absolutely right and I would add that even when you start feeling better don't overdo things. Like any other post viral reaction symptoms may come and go. Rest is vital. Good luck my friend and get well soon.

I've just recovered (-ish) and like you, I had managed to evade it. Overall I would compare it with flu with lots of fatigue subsequently, and a sense of 'it's not quite gone'. What others have said is absolutely right and I would add that even when you start feeling better don't overdo things. Like any other post viral reaction symptoms may come and go. Rest is vital. Good luck my friend and get well soon.
Every day I have felt better than the day before and now down to a bit of a cough and sniffle (I know!) which can only be good, but still a severe lack of energy. I caught a virus 7/8 years ago in February, sweats/shivers/zero energy and I never completely got rid of it until May. No idea what it was, doctors didn't know either.

Every day I have felt better than the day before and now down to a bit of a cough and sniffle (I know!) which can only be good, but still a severe lack of energy. I caught a virus 7/8 years ago in February, sweats/shivers/zero energy and I never completely got rid of it until May. No idea what it was, doctors didn't know either.
What can I say? :unsure:

Glad you are improving.

I think this is a very typical post viral reaction which can occur after any viral illness.Often you experience a milder version of the original illness with additional fatigue. The immune system is trying to recover due to how hard it has had to work and it's worth noting that the NHS state that recovery can be anywhere between 3 and 6 weeks (long covid aside).
Don't underestimate the benefit of sleep during the recovery phase and if you can, take rests during the day.

More "news"...........

The data dashboard will only be updated weekly on Thursdays from today onwards.

Done my ONS survey - expecting those to slow down too.

And my J&J vaccine reporting has switched to "don`t call us unless you are in hospital".

All slowing down for now.

Covid will find all your weak spots and exaggerate them.
Most people have a cough to some extent. Plenty of water definitely.
When I had it in April, I found despite being fit and walking an average of 10000 steps a day over the last six months I just couldn’t do it for a couple of days. Despite the weather being hot I had to wrap up well.
It was gone within a few days,
Strangely, Mrs D had it and despite a few underlying health issues had it less severely than me

Neither of the vaccines being offered this Autumn are against the dominant variant worldwide.
Are we expecting a degree of cross over protection?

Neither of the vaccines being offered this Autumn are against the dominant variant worldwide.
Are we expecting a degree of cross over protection?

Seems to be the plan, until such a time as it becomes much like the flu jab and is quickly modified/adapted to the more dominant strain.

Oppppsss........
LOADS of kids off school as the "normal" fortnight-after-they-go-back-lurgy does the rounds. I only know of one who has tested positive for Covid. . . .but that's becasue theya re the only one who has taken a test because they live in a household with vulnerable people. None of the other ill kids will have tested because they don't have to....but my guess is there will be a fair number who would be positive if they did! And they are only recommended to stay off if they feel ill (Covid or not). So I think it is fair to say, it is merrily circulating away and mutating all the time...as it always has. Let's hope it doesn't mutate into a more virulent/deadly/vaccine resistant strain I guess!

Last edited:
It's managed to wipe me out since getting it last week, and now my 14 yo has it too.
Was quite pleased Fleetwood was off but so rough getting worried about missing Charlton now.
Thought I was going to get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom