International News Covid-19 .....

Yes I agree, it's *could* rather than definitely. But worrying that so many scientists are concerned. It seems that a lot of people start from the position that they want to go on holiday / to away games and try to argue from there.

OK, I`ll take the bait. :)
On Sunday I`m doing some BBC filming over in Lichfield, everyone has been jabbed, tested and risk assessed. In an open field so low risk.
I then jump in my truck and trundle down to Bro-in laws in Devon.
I`m not running around hugging folk, nor mingling with folk outside of family.
We are going into Bridport a couple of times and will mask up going into the pub/restaurant whilst meeting wider family, all of whom are double jabbed.
Rest of the time myself & MrsEY(Mk2) will be out walking the dogs and doing outdoor stuff.

Highest risk point will be stopping at services for food/fuel.... mask, clean hands. Mitigate.

I`m pretty sure most folk can do the same surely?

Equally, I understand many folks won`t be able to do such for clinical reasons such as those who can`t have the jab or are immunocompromised. They have a far higher "bar" for their personal risk choices.

Its not easy on a personal/individual level let alone making the call for 67 million of us !

On Sunday I`m doing some BBC filming over in Lichfield, everyone has been jabbed, tested and risk assessed. In an open field so low risk.
We are going into Bridport a couple of times and will mask up going into the pub/restaurant whilst meeting wider family, all of whom are double jabbed.
Rest of the time myself & MrsEY(Mk2) will be out walking the dogs and doing outdoor stuff.

Highest risk point will be stopping at services for food/fuel.... mask, clean hands. Mitigate.

Equally, I understand many folks won`t be able to do such for clinical reasons such as those who can`t have the jab or are immunocompromised. They have a far higher "bar" for their personal risk choices.

Its not easy on a personal/individual level let alone making the call for 67 million of us !
I’m partly reassured that you are relaxed about it despite working in the field. It seems to me that the time to relax restrictions is when cases are stable or falling, not when they are shooting up. But this has been done to death on here.

Yes but it's not about what you personally can/can't /will /won't do so why do you keep resorting to using yourself as an example. We know you are super cautious. You keep bloody telling us.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't...
Hug strangers in a pub.
Wear your mask over your chin.
Tell us all the virus is a hoax (although you did come close at one point)
Break into Wembley.
Put a flare up you a**e.

So use people on these groups to critique the new rules.

Yes but it's not about what you personally can/can't /will /won't do so why do you keep resorting to using yourself as an example. We know you are super cautious. You keep bloody telling us.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't...
Hug strangers in a pub.
Wear your mask over your chin.
Tell us all the virus is a hoax (although you did come close at one point)
Break into Wembley.
Put a flare up you a**e.

So use people on these groups to critique the new rules.

Do you mean those people who did all that when said "rules" were in place?
No accounting for stupid people who do stupid things other than let Darwin take care of them.

Regarding point 4 I wasn`t far off on Page 1 with the caveat of comorbidities. :)
Probably underestimated the impact of restrictions thats for sure.

Work is dreading the tsunami of folk waiting and the logistics of getting through the backlog.
We`ve outsourced a lot of work to private hospitals at NHS prices, but the big cheeses aren`t sure how long that will go on for.

Do you mean those people who did all that when said "rules" were in place?
No accounting for stupid people who do stupid things other than let Darwin take care of them.

Regarding point 4 I wasn`t far off on Page 1 with the caveat of comorbidities. :)
Probably underestimated the impact of restrictions thats for sure.

Work is dreading the tsunami of folk waiting and the logistics of getting through the backlog.
We`ve outsourced a lot of work to private hospitals at NHS prices, but the big cheeses aren`t sure how long that will go on for.
Essex… I’ve heard a lot from certain ministers about needing to open up so that we can get through the NHS backlog etc. and get people back to the GPs in the new normal. Jenrick, Javid and Kwartang have all said it (as have others).

Assuming we crack on and hospitals are inundated as has been suggested how does this reduce the backlog? Does it not make it worse?

Thought you’d have a better idea being on the “frontline”.

Essex… I’ve heard a lot from certain ministers about needing to open up so that we can get through the NHS backlog etc. and get people back to the GPs in the new normal. Jenrick, Javid and Kwartang have all said it (as have others).

Assuming we crack on and hospitals are inundated as has been suggested how does this reduce the backlog? Does it not make it worse?

Thought you’d have a better idea being on the “frontline”.

In theory we shouldn`t get inundated with very poorly Covid patients who need ITU level care.
Most of the current admissions get some oxygen and are on their way out in 5 days.
The problem arises when surgery is running full tilt it can`t cope with losing beds to respiratory patients be that flu, Covid or such like.

This may be interesting if you have a few hours to spare.... I get paid to read such stuff. :ROFLMAO:

In theory we shouldn`t get inundated with very poorly Covid patients who need ITU level care.
Most of the current admissions get some oxygen and are on their way out in 5 days.
The problem arises when surgery is running full tilt it can`t cope with losing beds to respiratory patients be that flu, Covid or such like.

This may be interesting if you have a few hours to spare.... I get paid to read such stuff. :ROFLMAO:
Will give it a skim and read in detail when we’re locked down :D

So was the herd immunity theory that double vaccine would mostly stop people getting covid. And some would get it but not as serious.

And are we now looking at a situation that people are still catching it, perhaps not as serious,
But spreading on to others ?

So was the herd immunity theory that double vaccine would mostly stop people getting covid. And some would get it but not as serious.

And are we now looking at a situation that people are still catching it, perhaps not as serious,
But spreading on to others ?
That’s exactly the plan. No other country in the world is taking the same route even country’s that are further down the road with the vaccine rollout. Lead by the science is long gone followed by protect the NHS.
This is get as many people infected as possible in the hope that the virus burns itself out. They don’t give a FF about death rate anymore.

This is bad news, it was so frustrating when my youngest went in for planned surgery last month, me and Mrs ESB both isolated yet only one of us could visit him at a time and we had to stay for 12 hours min!

But you can go and sit in a pub all day!

July 19th isn't freedom Day

This is bad news, it was so frustrating when my youngest went in for planned surgery last month, me and Mrs ESB both isolated yet only one of us could visit him at a time and we had to stay for 12 hours min!

But you can go and sit in a pub all day!

July 19th isn't freedom Day
It's probably because there are far more sick people, still extremely vulnerable to covid and therefore a worse case scenarios outcome, in hospitals than there are in pubs.... unless you drink in some Wetherspoons.

Same at our Trust, you can book a 1 hour visiting slot if the patient has been in for more than 7 days or is on an EoL pathway.
Still got to wear masks, perfectly reasonable considering hospitals are full of poorly folk.

I don`t think Monday will change anything "wholesale" as most of us will err on the side of caution.

It’s incredibly fortunate that both Boris and Sunak were selected “at random” for this pilot scheme. I’ve just dropped them a message to see if they can get me a lottery ticket for Wednesday.

It’s incredibly fortunate that both Boris and Sunak were selected “at random” for this pilot scheme. I’ve just dropped them a message to see if they can get me a lottery ticket for Wednesday.
Indeed. Louth is only a small town but is blessed with 30+ pubs and restaurants. Several have already announced they must close for a period due to test and trace contacts. Some local hospitality business owners are considering asking their staff to delete the app to keep their businesses afloat. Not responsible, but they were apparently unlucky not to qualify to take part in the pilot scheme.

NHS site allowed my second jab to be brought forward to first thing tomorrow morning (exactly 8 weeks after my first jab). Screw waiting until mid-August given the current numbers, let alone what’s about to happen to those figures as of tomorrow.

I’m glad that the double-vaccinated health secretary claims that his symptoms are mild. If only every adult had been given the chance to have both jabs before the door was blown clean off the hinges, eh.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom