International News Covid-19 .....

Scientifically it would work, that is how scientists look at it.
In reality it didn`t work the first time (because it wasn`t hard enough) and would be even less effective the second.
If you included epidemiologists, organisational psychologists and economic statisticians in your definition of scientists then you might be arguing with yourself, I think!

If you included epidemiologists, organisational psychologists and economic statisticians in your definition of scientists then you might be arguing with yourself, I think!

And there in is the difficulty, everyone views things slightly differently and it lands on the politicians to steer the course.

For the conspiracy theorists amongst us i do ask this: What is the age of those being hospitalised? Is hospitalisation genuinely causated to age?

My concern is that if you are 75+ and covid positive you aren't hospitalised because you are DNR.

Hopefully the stats prove different.

Very broadly.... if you are 60+ with comorbidities its not good.

Much like I said on Page 1. :)

1603530060920.png

What I don’t understand is, if in the city of Oxford the virus seems to be mainly in the student age range (20s) and not in the more vulnerable age group, so how has the transmission transmitted and rising to more vulnerable people in rural areas?
My son catching the bus from S Oxfordshire to city each day, working in Sainsburys where most customers are students, then back to our house. Easy route.

I thought @Essexyellows didn't like talking about what he wrote on page 1...

Why all the fuss?

Thousands die from Flu, thousands die from knife & gun crime yet the world is slipping into overdrive for a bit of a snuffle*!

Setting - a hypothetical workplace in which around two dozen adult males (mainly aged 18-30 with a few older ones) come within close contact with each other -
Event - all are tested twice a week. On one occasion, one or more test positive for covid and isolate, and then a couple more test positive afew days later. All those testing positive isolate and recover within normal timescales.
Question - having been potentially exposed to virus once and not contracted covid, are the others more or less likely to contract it in the future?

In other words, are clubs likely to experience more than one outbreak over a season, or will it generally be limited to one per club?

Setting - a hypothetical workplace in which around two dozen adult males (mainly aged 18-30 with a few older ones) come within close contact with each other -
Event - all are tested twice a week. On one occasion, one or more test positive for covid and isolate, and then a couple more test positive afew days later. All those testing positive isolate and recover within normal timescales.
Question - having been potentially exposed to virus once and not contracted covid, are the others more or less likely to contract it in the future?

In other words, are clubs likely to experience more than one outbreak over a season, or will it generally be limited to one per club?

I guess there isn't an answer to that question yet.

It will be several outbreaks as they are all individually being exposed to multiple contact points through the rest of their life which are beyond the control of the club...and some will be more careful than others about it....at a guess. Even the more careful ones cannot say with any certainty that they haven't come into contact with less careful people, so still a risk, albeit a lower one.

Reality is until you get it you have no idea how you are going to be affected by it and for many many people they will have it, have no idea they have and won't be aware that they are merrily passing it on to others!

• React
Reactions: QR
It will be several outbreaks as they are all individually being exposed to multiple contact points through the rest of their life which are beyond the control of the club...and some will be more careful than others about it....at a guess. Even the more careful ones cannot say with any certainty that they haven't come into contact with less careful people, so still a risk, albeit a lower one.

Reality is until you get it you have no idea how you are going to be affected by it and for many many people they will have it, have no idea they have and won't be aware that they are merrily passing it on to others!
Don’t the others still have to isolate until a 2nd test comes back negative?

18,564 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 18,032 (increase 532).
9,664 (increase of 201) were within the Leicester City Council area.
8,900 (increase of 331) cases were reported in the County.

No deaths reported.

Numbers are going the wrong way, and there is some data "lag".

Exposure doesn`t necessarily mean getting it. You could miss catching it one week but pick it up sometime in the future.
Also depends on hygiene practice.......... which is controlled at work, but less so away from work.

18,564 people in Leicestershire have tested positive - up from 18,032 (increase 532).

No deaths reported.

Loving the stats. Really pleasing to to no deaths again . Does look as though the mortality rates per % of hospital admissions are dropping .

No deaths reported.

What are today’s figures? Heard nothing on the news

Loving the stats. Really pleasing to to no deaths again . Does look as though the mortality rates per % of hospital admissions are dropping .

The problem is that the numbers can multiply very quickly.
Just hope the lockdowns work as intended, but that is down to us.

The problem is that the numbers can multiply very quickly.
Just hope the lockdowns work as intended, but that is down to us.

Indeed.. there will always be the selfish idiots but as long at the majority of us follow hands, face, space, hopefully it will slow the spread.

For me the most essential stat is hospitalisations.... in March/April we had no significant testing so chances are the numbers of positive cases would have been astronomical compared to now.

Exposure doesn`t necessarily mean getting it. You could miss catching it one week but pick it up sometime in the future.
Also depends on hygiene practice.......... which is controlled at work, but less so away from work.
Interesting, thanks

I just wondered whether there was any suggestion that there would be some who having not caught it first time were thought to be immune.

Back
Top Bottom