International News Covid-19 .....

Would have been really easy to say, I should have spoken to BJ first. I made, in hindsight a poor judgment that I now regret.
Instead, heard the person that he really is, on apology no regrets. So out of touch with the rest of us with his hand working the puppet. I'm pleased with what heard it reinforces my view that I already had.

One assumes the little child was not in need of the bathroom in the 260 mile trip back then since he honestly cannot remember whether they stopped on the return journey.
As for the story of the 30 minute journey to test his eyes with his wife and child also in the car that was incredible to hear. The fact that no responsible person would do that alone let alone with family on board seems to have been overlooked..You could also say that if you were dumb and irresponsible enough then you would surely have begun the journey home and if you felt unwell swap drivers or just return from whence came the same as would be the case had he felt unwell at such a remote Beauty Spot.

I'm all for the guy defending himself but that along with Boris getting all flustered just now was painful viewing.

Oooh, one has been outed. I'll guess at EY and Gary Baldi as well, so that leaves 1 more... Maybe if confirmed we can give them their own name colour... ?
I'll give them the once over before deciding if a merger with the Moonshiners is on the cards!!

Would have been really easy to say, I should have spoken to BJ first. I made, in hindsight a poor judgment that I now regret.
Instead, heard the person that he really is, on apology no regrets. So out of touch with the rest of us with his hand working the puppet. I'm pleased with what heard it reinforces my view that I already had.

BJ just said he may have spoken about it with him but as he (BJ ) was unwell at the time he cannot really remember

One assumes the little child was not in need of the bathroom in the 260 mile trip back then since he honestly cannot remember whether they stopped on the return journey.
As for the story of the 30 minute journey to test his eyes with his wife and child also in the car that was incredible to hear. The fact that no responsible person would do that alone let alone with family on board seems to have been overlooked..You could also say that if you were dumb and irresponsible enough then you would surely have begun the journey home and if you felt unwell swap drivers or just return from whence came the same as would be the case had he felt unwell at such a remote Beauty Spot.

I'm all for the guy defending himself but that along with Boris getting all flustered just now was painful viewing.
I wouldn't read too much into the toilet breaks on lack of them on the way there or back. The first certainly happened at night with DC saying he arrived around midnight so chances are that his lad slept throughout the journey.

When you arrive at hospital (ours at least) you are "Covid Triaged" before you go in.
If you have symptoms you follow the red route, if not you follow blue.
Initially we only swabbed folk on the red route.
Since people on blue could be asymptomatic we began swabbing them when the capacity was there.
I will take a shot that all hospitals do the same within their limitations.

Sorry.... real life, how it is.

Absolute madness from the press at today’s briefing. Wasting questions about Cummings when the PM has just announced shops and markets re opening, hopefully people’s jobs being saved and kick starting the economy.

Didn‘t see it but I would have hoped they would have focused on these announcements rather then the Cummings fiasco... we had all that at 4.30 and they had their Q&A opportunity then.

They really do get in my tits at times.

Didn‘t see it but I would have hoped they would have focused on these announcements rather then the Cummings fiasco... we had all that at 4.30 and they had their Q&A opportunity then.

Mr Johnson was far too uncomfortable and flustered and very quick to cut off those asking a question and subsequently to exit the briefing.

Totally agree. Questions could have been regarding increasing social bubbles to include wider families outside of risk groups as an example. Opening schools and the econony is fine, but you can only do that if childcare options are in place for those workers. Many grandparents and extended families support school pick ups. But I guess asking the same question 15 times on something that has just been discussed for 3 hours is far more important!!

Totally agree. Questions could have been regarding increasing social bubbles to include wider families outside of risk groups as an example. Opening schools and the econony is fine, but you can only do that if childcare options are in place for those workers. Many grandparents and extended families support school pick ups. But I guess asking the same question 15 times on something that has just been discussed for 3 hours is far more important!!

Feel free to go and buy another car though !

Mr Johnson was far too uncomfortable and flustered and very quick to cut off those asking a question and subsequently to exit the briefing.

I can imagine.

But at least he can’t be accused of hiding away or being in holiday. Lesser of the two evils maybe ?

I wouldn't read too much into the toilet breaks on lack of them on the way there or back. The first certainly happened at night with DC saying he arrived around midnight so chances are that his lad slept throughout the journey.
This knee jerk defence of the Tories certainly puts your constant defending of the club in a new light. Are we signing anyone?

Does anyone know if Dominic Cummings wife can drive? If yes, then why did he need to test his eyesight for the journey home, she could have driven them back. If no, why did he put her at risk on the trip to Barnard Castle?

This knee jerk defence of the Tories certainly puts your constant defending of the club in a new light. Are we signing anyone?

Offering a reasoned and sensible response is hardly knee jerk!

It's pretty obvious, as all parents will know, that long journeys with kids are often easier at night or early in the morning as they will often sleep through. Therefore not needing toilet breaks.

However, you only need to go 5 minutes down the road during the day and they need to stop.

That's hardly political, and any implication that casts doubt on this story based on when his kids needs to P**s is pretty embarrassing.

You (and many others) criticise any comments that go against your blinkered views. But I guess it's easier to just call people Tory Bots and everything will be OK!

Does anyone know if Dominic Cummings wife can drive? If yes, then why did he need to test his eyesight for the journey home, she could have driven them back. If no, why did he put her at risk on the trip to Barnard Castle?

This is what i was saying above..if you were dumb enough to drive to test your eyes you wouldn't do it with your family on board but if you were irresponsible enough to take that risk then surely you would head for home and if you felt unwell swap drivers.

Driving whilst unfit to do so it subjective, and it was evident that he felt he was OK, stopped when feeling unwell and continued his journey when it was safe to do so. No offence.

Exercise for 1 hour was the suggested time in the open air. He did not spend longer than this by his statement. He stopped because he was unwell, and to allow his child to urinate one would assume. Neither of these would warrant any charges under covid offence.

Allowing a young child to urinate in a secluded place is a million miles away from exposure in public. Not only is that not an offence it is also childish to suggest otherwise.

So on the 3 charges you have put forward, none would warrant any offences being laid and therefore he has been treated absolutely the same as everyone else.
He shouldn't have been on the frigging road in the first place!!

Back
Top Bottom