International News Covid-19 .....

Worldwide cases - 5.2 MILLION.
Worldwide deaths - 335 thousand.

That suggests 4.9 million people have had it and recovered and that is just the confirmed/known/tested numbers so yes, for the overwhelming majority it is perfectly survivable and they move on with their lives, for those with underlying health issues it can be bad news.

He said he shook hands with people in a hospital that had Covid patients in it......................... sorry stop me if this is getting repetitive. :)

Goodness me.... is snuffle gate still going on ?

I am sure you have been involved in incredibly important work since that comment EY but I doubt so much as a thank you from YT will be forthcoming.

It seems one comment on a forum at a time when so much was still unknown and you are chastised.

With the benefit of hindsight (Navegante knows all about that - see his earlier comments) you clearly wouldn’t have put that.

Some people just can’t let It go though.

That suggests 4.9 million people have had it and recovered and that is just the confirmed/known/tested numbers so yes, for the overwhelming majority it is perfectly survivable and they move on with their lives, for those with underlying health issues it can be bad news.

He said he shook hands with people in a hospital that had Covid patients in it......................... sorry stop me if this is getting repetitive. :)
They would rather believe a conspiracy from Twitter than the reported cases and deaths. Kind of sums them up!

Senegal responded in January. Not in Mid March

Senegal is in a good position because its Covid-19 response planning began in earnest in January, as soon as the first international alert on the virus went out. The government closed the borders, initiated a comprehensive plan of contact tracing and, because it is a nation of multiple-occupation households, offered a bed for every single coronavirus patient in either a hospital or a community health facility.

As a result, this nation of 16 million people has had only 30 deaths. Each death has been acknowledged individually by the government, and condolences paid to the family. You can afford to see each death as a person when the numbers are at this level. At every single one of those stages, the UK did the opposite, and is now facing a death toll of more than 35,000.

. "I was at a hospital the other night where there were actually some covid patients and I shook hands with everybody. People can make up their own mind but I think it’s very important to keep shaking hands."

I Shook hands with everybody. There were Covid Patients at the hospital At the very least it's deliberately open to misinterpretation. Not what the Prime Minister shoudl be doing in the Middle of a pandemic- which has now procved itself to be consider ably worse than a sniffle.THE WHO had declared it a global health Emergency at the end of January. Johnson is shooting his mouth off nearly 6 weeks later.

• React
Reactions: QR

I don't think the author is a fan.

The bit I did take from it though, IF true, is Johnson is having a 10 day break. Obviously all is going swimmingly well to enable a 10 day break to happen, no problems at all with the App/track and trace etc etc.

The bit I did take from it though, IF true, is Johnson is having a 10 day break. Obviously all is going swimmingly well to enable a 10 day break to happen, no problems at all with the App/track and trace etc etc.
Cue Johnson apologists:
He's part of a team so it doesn't matter.
He has been working very hard, delegating all his jobs.
Paternity leave has worn him out.
He can quote Latin and Greek, you know.

So Parliament closes for Whitsun................ till June 2nd...... that is all of them Tories, Labour the lot........ not a peep from anyone.
Same time Boris has "10 days off".................. uproar on the Left.

From one of my student books.... the last line is key.

"Managers have some tasks that they need to do, but their primary job is to make sure that others are doing what they have been assigned to accomplish the mission and goals of the organisation.
Effective managers know what responsibilities to delegate to allow themselves time to plan, to collaborate with others and to monitor the performance of their employees, making sure to give them adequate feedback and development opportunities.
Often, managers think that they are delegating when they assign tasks to employees. Sometimes this is merely dumping on people.

Real delegation is assigning responsibility for outcomes along with the authority to do what is needed to produce the desired results."

Here endeth todays lesson on successful & effective management.

Do you think it's effective management during a pandemic to go to a hospital where there are Covid19 patients and tell the world on the news that you shook hands with everybody?

is your case strengthened or weakened if you subsequently end up in Intensive Care suffering from Covid19?

So Parliament closes for Whitsun................ till June 2nd...... that is all of them Tories, Labour the lot........ not a peep from anyone.
Same time Boris has "10 days off".................. uproar on the Left.
If Labour was in power and the Labour PM decided to go on a holiday for 10 days during the middle of a national crisis that would also be reprehensible. He is 'supposed' to be leading the country, giving reassurance, direction and stability. Nothing to do with whether Parliament is sitting.

If Labour was in power and the Labour PM decided to go on a holiday for 10 days during the middle of a national crisis that would also be reprehensible. He is 'supposed' to be leading the country, giving reassurance, direction and stability. Nothing to do with whether Parliament is sitting.
Yes, and let’s ignore the fact that even when it is sitting, he’s usually hiding away out of sight. Real leaders are visible and at the front, especially in times of crisis. There’s no excuse for it, but it’s fun to keep pretending he’s somehow not bunking off.

Rah rah rah "Boris Johnson" rah rah "COBRA meetings" rah rah rah "6 kids" rah rah "where is he?" rah rah rah "just a sniffle".

Post.

Sit back.

Await 'like' from Yellow Taxi.

Another day in lockdown.

Yes, and let’s ignore the fact that even when it is sitting, he’s usually hiding away out of sight. Real leaders are visible and at the front, especially in times of crisis. There’s no excuse for it, but it’s fun to keep pretending he’s somehow not bunking off.
Ah, the old ‘where’s Boris?’ post...;
It’s hours until Flog It starts, what the hell’s he doing, watching Homes under the Hammer?

Shall we move on from that stuck record.

Hancock a yes man? Do you listen to the news?
Pm and him are barely speaking.

If you want weak politicians try Sadiq Khan.

The Mayor of London has had a dismal term of office . A virtue signalling nonentity.

Transport for London now effectively under special measures.

Workers clearly being told to avoid public transport unless necesssary now faced with an immediate 30% hike to the congestion charge.

In the teeth of the worst recession ever.

Illogical, bad politics, cruel for the struggling self employed.
When do you think you caught it, and how did you feel? I was really ill at the end of February with pretty much all the symptoms, but this was before testing was being rolled out so was told to just rest up! So, I suspect I may have also had it, although the relatively low numbers in Oxfordshire may indicate that I just had a bad case of "normal" flu!

Anyway, more importantly, glad you're well and hopefully the danger has now passed for you.
End of February/start March either when out at a Sunday lunch with friends, (some of whom went on to get ill)) , or a meeting with an Italian client in London is my guess..

Thanks for your kind words.

Am in late 50s, am reasonably fit, but overweight.

Progressively started to feel tired , then spent a day in bed when couldn't move (10th) , then the dry cough and tight chest started. Worst night was the 20th , when short of breath overnight. Then got slowly better). (Day 10 is the worst day per the medics I've spoken to. )

Surrounding it all was fatigue, the feeling that you could go to sleep at any time when awake. Working hard (as I was by end of March), stops you from recovering more quickly in my view. Only felt fully 100% in last 10 days. It hung around , (admittedly mildly ), for longer than other flu or bug had experienced before.

There is some very interesting stuff coming out now from Professors Sikora and Guptra, (of Oxford University) , that the antibodies test only picks up some of the people who get COV19. A lot of asymptomatic sufferers don't produce antibodies; the immune system just boots the virus away. (Particularly in young people apparently. )

Sikora believes that the virus is petering out, evidenced by lack of second wave in Europe.

His interview, (very revealing) on Unherd, , was originally removed from You Tube , (God knows why) but is now back up there.

End of February/start March either when out at a Sunday lunch with friends, (some of whom went on to get ill)) , or a meeting with an Italian client in London is my guess..

It was the foreigner. Definitely the foreigner.

It can cause weird symptoms - I have yet to recover my sense of smell after I caught it at the end of March on a ski trip (foreigners!) and I can't smell s**t. Which at least means I can happily change a soiled nappy. My father-in-law's rheumatoid arthritis flared up just after he recovered which the Doc put down to Corona.

Back
Top Bottom