International News Climate Change 🌍

**Human life in a couple thousand years time 🤠
I realise you are trolling, but it is selfish attitudes like this that will see huge amounts of people in the world living much more unpleasant lives in a generation (not 'a couple of thousand years'). Those people could well include you (if you are young enough) and certainly your children and grandchildren.

As for the EU, their whole energy policy has been a mess for decades, the Germans especially so

Yep.

And we've thrown away any chance of influencing it.

I realise you are trolling, but it is selfish attitudes like this that will see huge amounts of people in the world living much more unpleasant lives in a generation (not 'a couple of thousand years'). Those people could well include you (if you are young enough) and certainly your children and grandchildren.
More pertinently it will lead to far more migration!!

Shall we merge the threads now to help the myopic joint the dots?

Last edited:

Begs the question why people want to bring children into this shitty world.

Not much of a legacy is it.

I'm not trolling, and I don't think it's selfish to want cheaper energy bills.

No denying climate change but I can't take these predictions that are constantly being made seriously.

Yep.

And we've thrown away any chance of influencing it.
Why should the UK have any influence over the energy policies in the EU anymore than we should Australia, Canada, America, India, China?

Let the nation States elected by the people that within them decide.

The obsession with a bloc we never even voted to join is weird.

Solar going on the roof, battery wall & FIT.

Getting a hybrid rather than pure EV.

Expecting a Thank You card from Greta. :)
Nah - go pure ev. P**s or get off the pot. With a hybrid you just waste petrol carting round a heavy battery and waste leccy carting round a ton of machined steel.
The big saving in EVs is the vastly reduced servicing due to many fewer moving parts. You don’t make that saving with a hybrid.
You’re not going to run out of battery unless you live somewhere that you can’t plug it in.
If I can go on holiday in Western Australia - where everything is sodding miles apart and sparsely populated - with an ev, then someone in England will have no problem.

"Nobody wants an EV" I must be called Nobody now, because I definitely have one, and I love it, cost me ÂŁ500 to fuel last year for my 14,000 miles

As for the EU, their whole energy policy has been a mess for decades, the Germans especially so
Yup. I lol’d. A friend of a friend who’s a petrolhead was constantly moaning about EVs. Until he drove one and nearly wet himself with the acceleration. I reckon half the people who don’t like them because they like their v8 roar and crackle would change if they took a Tesla for a spin.
I still laugh now when in the lowest performance Tesla in chill mode I thoughtlessly burn off boy racers at the lights. When they catch up they look across aggressively and see a dad with his family just driving around.

Think people should start worrying when that t**t Trump gets into power. Last term as president he pulled out of the Paris agreement and opened coal mines again in the grand old spamalot USA

More pertinently it will lead to far more migration!!

Shall we merge the threads now to help the myopic joint the dots?

Better discussing population control and reduction - nobody will though.

Oh........... maybe we should pay for absent fathers etc....

Yup. I lol’d. A friend of a friend who’s a petrolhead was constantly moaning about EVs. Until he drove one and nearly wet himself with the acceleration. I reckon half the people who don’t like them because they like their v8 roar and crackle would change if they took a Tesla for a spin.
I still laugh now when in the lowest performance Tesla in chill mode I thoughtlessly burn off boy racers at the lights. When they catch up they look across aggressively and see a dad with his family just driving around.
Bet that works well around the Oxford ring road .
0-60 times are oft’ quoted by those who drive an EV.
They may be impressive, but if that and zero tail pipe emissions are there only saving grace, I’ll leave it for now .

Better discussing population control and reduction - nobody will though.

Oh........... maybe we should pay for absent fathers etc....

Population rises are the biggest "elephant in the room" of all time. No one seems to want to have an honest conversation about it.

There is too many humans in the world. On a national level, we let 750,000 new humans in per year.

Do the number of schools, hospitals, houses, jobs increase at that rate? Pure madness.

The amount of homelessness in London is off the scale, yet we welcome people through the door when the people already here are not looked after, insane.

More humans = more consumption, disaster for the planet. Don't have the answer on how you solve the problem; but we should acknowledge it.

By 2036 apparently 92% of the UK population boom will be migrants.

Hope some of them will support Oxford.

Back
Top Bottom