Matches Chelsea Kids

For the amount of people that claim they haven't been to a game in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy (even the new name is like a taunt to us at the moment) since Barnsley the crowd at Wembley to see us lose to Coventry was pretty decent.
Few hundred people at most would’ve gone through with it. I was part of a group of 14 for the Barnsley game and only two of us didn’t go to Coventry, and even then two other people who weren’t Oxford fans but fancied a day out were roped in to fill our places, so the attendance wasn’t affected at all within the group.

Most people who say they won’t go to the early rounds happily admit they’ll go to Wembley if we get there. If I had young kids who wanted to go or had never seen Oxford at Wembley before I dare say it would be different for me.

I’m just hoping that at least one academy team gets to the final, ideally two.

Do I go to games in the Paint Pot trophy? Nope. Would I go to Wembley to watch us if we got to the final despite the fact that I think the kids teams devalue it and I don't like Wembley much either? Yes, I *probably* would if we were playing a proper team - we don't play there often, and missing it would be a shame. If we were playing one of the kids teams I wouldn't bother.

Since the changes to the competition only one u21 team has made it to the semi-final, and only 5 or 6 to the quarterfinals over 7 years. So despite their introduction, few offer much more than padding out the group stages.

Few hundred people at most would’ve gone through with it.
But they’re probably disproportionally represented in the group of people who spend their time making thousands of posts about the club on here or Twitter

It's not a priority and I wouldn't be upset to go out of it, but with the squad we have at present, we could do with some competitive games to get some minutes into the fringe players.

Get Negru, Thorniley, Murphy and Eastwood on the pitch for it and, for god's sake, rest McGuane for a match. See how far you can get and should it look like that Wembley is a real possibility, switch a few first teamers in to get us there.

But they’re probably disproportionally represented in the group of people who spend their time making thousands of posts about the club on here or Twitter
I have put years of work into creating dozens of multi accounts to spread propaganda, and I don’t need to likes of you bringing me down now.

It's not a priority and I wouldn't be upset to go out of it, but with the squad we have at present, we could do with some competitive games to get some minutes into the fringe players.

Get Negru, Thorniley, Murphy and Eastwood on the pitch for it and, for god's sake, rest McGuane for a match. See how far you can get and should it look like that Wembley is a real possibility, switch a few first teamers in to get us there.

Agree - the biggest benefit of this competition is that it gets our squad players some minutes in a competitive game.

I'd be playing Negru, Thorniley, Murphy & Eastwood, but also Smyth, Woltman, Henry, Gorrin, Perkins and GOD if they're all fit.

I guess that means one of our first choice central defenders will also have to play to get us a full XI (though you can give whoever that is a rest on Saturday and play Thorniley in both cup games) and we're looking at 3-5-2:

Eastwood
Negru Brown/Moore Thorniley
Henry Smyth Gorrin Murphy
Woltman Perkins
GOD

If we win - great, we'll have another ready-made reserve game set up for December. If we lose - whatever.

(though I have to admit, I will probably watch it anyway out of curiosity.....just to see some of our fringe players in action again......)

I haven't been to any games in this competition since Barnsley at Wembley, I'm sure that's the same as quite a few others.

Likewise. I walked out of that game utterly unbothered by the result with just the thought that it was a nice day out. Never felt that before then. The B Teams pretty much nailed my disinterest other than to see how our youngsters perform.

For those who dont want to go on Tuesday, match is on ifollow for the usual tenner

Be interesting to know the ratio of supporters not interested in the Chelsea kids game not actually attending tomorrow's gig as well? Just sayin'.

COYY'S

Same. Went to every single trophy game that season, including Dagenham away, but none since.

On the day of the Coventry final my mate and I played Goldeneye on his old N64 for about five hours, drank all of the weird booze in his kitchen that he didn’t know anything about, and ate fried chicken. I got very upset when he told me that the place he ordered the chicken from had received a 0 hygiene rating not long before that. We were both quite drunk by this point, so we had a wrestle while I shouted: “YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET A 0 RATING? THEY’VE PROBABLY BEEN DRYING THEIR HANDS ON A HORSE INSTEAD OF USING TOWELS”.

Then we fell into a passionate embrace and made love until the next day.
This deserves a lot more plaudits than it’s getting. Drama, passion and intrigue. It’s all there

This deserves a lot more plaudits than it’s getting. Drama, passion and intrigue. It’s all there

This is almost certainly the plot of the sequel to Brokeback Mountain.

Starring, in their all-action, blockbusting Hollywood debuts…George Baldock and Greg Leigh, obvs.

This is almost certainly the plot of the sequel to Brokeback Mountain.

Starring, in their all-action, blockbusting Hollywood debuts…George Baldock and Greg Leigh, obvs.
I'm feeling distinctly queasy.

I got very upset when he told me that the place he ordered the chicken from had received a 0 hygiene rating
To be fair, the proprietor was also having to play a few friendlies at the same time.

Very difficult to both play those games AND clean the inside of the oven.

I haven't been to any games in this competition since Barnsley at Wembley, I'm sure that's the same as quite a few others.

I just checked and that was 3 April 2016. I wonder how many young English players have had their career development accelerated by playing in this competition since then. And on the other hand, how attendances in the competition have done.

Shaun Harvey. What a tool.
Well Kurt Zouma did he learned how to kick a cat
Football when we played the Chelsea kids last

Last edited: