Home Match Day Thread Giveaways for kids yesterday?

Me in this thread
zGHQb4O.gif

• React
Reactions: MJB
This is without a doubt one of the most ludicrous and embarrassing things I’ve ever read. I’d like to remind everyone that a variety of scarves are available for purchase from the club shop, or should you wish to support the Ultras by purchasing some of ours, via the relevant social media channels.

Actual adults, complaining their kids didn’t get a free scarf. What a world we live in.

I maintain that the full announcement either directly stated or heavily heavily implied thy were for kids to which the stand manager and many others also agreed.
And so what? Loads of kids received one, so did their parents, everyone was happy, more colour in the ground. What's your actual problem here, honestly?

It's a free giveaway, receiving anything is a bonus, not receiving anything doesn't effect you whatsoever. Your attitude to this is genuinely bizarre, from someone who's paid thousands out of his own pocket for fans to take home free flags and scarves in the past, I've never experienced anything like this, and thus I really feel sorry for those at the club who have had to deal with it.

ok this may well be my last post on the subject because it really seems to have run it's course. I respect everyone's point of view including most certainly yours as i understand your hisory as a supporter etc.....but still you are one of several missing the point. My child did receive a free scarf - most of the children sitting in the family area did not. My post had nothing to do with my child not receiving a free scarf!!!!!! My post had everything to do with a) the team handing out free scarves in the family area handed the scarves to all the adults and as a result many kids did not get one. I exclaimed upon this there and then and many adults claimed that as they were handed the scarves and not their kids, they were keeping them so whilst i am absolutely disgusted with those adults (no blame attached to OXFC) I merely asked OXFC if they would consider in future handing freebies intended for kids directly to kids to stop this happening again. I don't see what is bizarre about that myself.

And so what? Loads of kids received one, so did their parents, everyone was happy, more colour in the ground. What's your actual problem here, honestly?

It's a free giveaway, receiving anything is a bonus, not receiving anything doesn't effect you whatsoever. Your attitude to this is genuinely bizarre, from someone who's paid thousands out of his own pocket for fans to take home free flags and scarves in the past, I've never experienced anything like this, and thus I really feel sorry for those at the club who have had to deal with it.

ok this may well be my last post on the subject because it really seems to have run it's course. I respect everyone's point of view including most certainly yours as i understand your hisory as a supporter etc.....but still you are one of several missing the point. My child did receive a free scarf - most of the children sitting in the family area did not. My post had nothing to do with my child not receiving a free scarf!!!!!! My post had everything to do with a) the team handing out free scarves in the family area handed the scarves to all the adults and as a result many kids did not get one. I exclaimed upon this there and then and many adults claimed that as they were handed the scarves and not their kids, they were keeping them so whilst i am absolutely disgusted with those adults (no blame attached to OXFC) I merely asked OXFC if they would consider in future handing freebies intended for kids directly to kids to stop this happening again. I don't see what is bizarre about that myself.
Maybe the staff were handing the scarves to adults who had children with them... Still, hardly a reason to go apesh*t at the club for after such a lovely and costly gesture. I find that totally bizarre and I'm sure I'm not the only one :LOL:

Still, hopefully it has all been worthwhile for you receiving 3 apologies and taking up staff time. :rolleyes:

• React
Reactions: fb3
The club staff could have knitted new scarves in time for Saturdays game, but unfortunately were too busy dealing with complaints about the lack of free, complimentary, pay-nothing, on the house scaves.

• React
Reactions: fb3
This is without a doubt one of the most ludicrous and embarrassing things I’ve ever read. I’d like to remind everyone that a variety of scarves are available for purchase from the club shop, or should you wish to support the Ultras by purchasing some of ours, via the relevant social media channels.

Actual adults, complaining their kids didn’t get a free scarf. What a world we live in.

I would agree if that is what the thread was about. Try reading the actual first post and then you might have more of a handle on it. It is not cool to just repeat remarks from others who also totally misunderstand the thread.

The club staff could have knitted new scarves in time for Saturdays game, but unfortunately were too busy dealing with complaints about the lack of free, complimentary, pay-nothing, on the house scaves.
Not correct - NOT what this thread is about

Not correct - NOT what this thread is about

No the point of this thread is clearly to moan about people not getting a FREE scarf. There were limited numbers, not everyone was going to get one.

Your pettiness is rather embarrassing and one of the reasons why the club maybe shouldn’t do these very kind gestures. Although I’m sure you’d moan about that too.

The club can’t please everyone with such a big fan base but they have no chance if everyone is as precious as you.

I would agree if that is what the thread was about. Try reading the actual first post and then you might have more of a handle on it. It is not cool to just repeat remarks from others who also totally misunderstand the thread.

I think that’s where the issue is though as no one is quite sure what you want .

An apology ? - you’ve had 3/4
A scarf ? - you got one
An admission they will look to improve ? - got that as well

So what is it that u want from this thread that u didn’t get in several replies from the club? I’m really struggling to see this as anything but a good gesture from the club. That has upset 1 person and been blown massively out of proportion

Back
Top Bottom