Matches Chelsea Kids

Be interesting to know the ratio of supporters not interested in the Chelsea kids game not actually attending tomorrow's gig as well? Just sayin'.

COYY'S
I am definitely going to the Maidenhead game. I am definitely not going to the Chelsea game.

#Boycott!!

No, I would not go to Wembley for the Nonsense Trophy final.

Imagine if Oxford were ever denied promotion because a Premier Kids team was foisted in instead.

It probably won’t happen to us but it could well happen lower down the food chain.

Agree - the biggest benefit of this competition is that it gets our squad players some minutes in a competitive game.

I'd be playing Negru, Thorniley, Murphy & Eastwood, but also Smyth, Woltman, Henry, Gorrin, Perkins and GOD if they're all fit.

I guess that means one of our first choice central defenders will also have to play to get us a full XI (though you can give whoever that is a rest on Saturday and play Thorniley in both cup games) and we're looking at 3-5-2:

Eastwood
Negru Brown/Moore Thorniley
Henry Smyth Gorrin Murphy
Woltman Perkins
GOD

If we win - great, we'll have another ready-made reserve game set up for December. If we lose - whatever.

(though I have to admit, I will probably watch it anyway out of curiosity.....just to see some of our fringe players in action again......)
I would try and get Johnson in there if he is allowed to play under his loan agreement.

Worth noting that the final round of EFL Trophy group games took place last night. MK beat Northampton, confirming that we finish second in the group. I can’t see online when the draw for the next round takes place, but, assuming we play one of the sides that finished first in their group, we will be playing one of:
  • Forest Green
  • Crawley Town
  • Wycombe
  • Posh
  • Pompey
  • Reading
  • West Ham u21s
Some potentially tricky draws there.

Match to be played w/c 4 December.

Worth noting that the final round of EFL Trophy group games took place last night. MK beat Northampton, confirming that we finish second in the group. I can’t see online when the draw for the next round takes place, but, assuming we play one of the sides that finished first in their group, we will be playing one of:
  • Forest Green
  • Crawley Town
  • Wycombe
  • Posh
  • Pompey
  • Reading
  • West Ham u21s

I think I read that coming second means we will be away to one of these, although in the case of West Ham kids that might change.

Some tricky draws, maybe.

Whoever draws us couldn't have got a more difficult draw though!

(Cue ignominious exit to Crawley)

• Forest Green
  • Crawley Town
  • Wycombe
  • Posh
  • Pompey
  • Reading
  • West Ham u21s

Good chance of getting one of Wycombe, Portsmouth or Reading then which would be mildly interesting

Good chance of getting one of Wycombe, Portsmouth or Reading then which would be mildly interesting
Reading probably worst for me as it would become a bit of a distraction and also because they seem to mutate into 1970 Brazil in this competition. Wouldn’t fancy the mind games of potentially playing them a week later, either.

West Ham would be best. No travel and you’d fancy us against any u21 side.

Have said before, I’d like to see us go for this competition this year, I reckon we could win it as one of the best sides in league one. And it’s also already proving useful as a means of boosting morale/fitness/players’ form. The longer we’re in it the better.

When is the draw for the next round? if the games are going to be played on the 5th it should be very soon but the competition is such a shambles that it could well be the day before.

Round of 32 details here:

”The Bristol Street Motors Trophy Round of 32 draw will take place live on Sky Sports News at 6.30pm on Friday 24 November, in the lead-up to Sky Sports’ coverage of the Sky Bet Championship match between Rotherham United and Leeds United.”

Looks like we will be away to one of FGR, Crawley, Wycombe or Peterborough.

Last edited:
Round of 32 details here:

”The Bristol Street Motors Trophy Round of 32 draw will take place live on Sky Sports News at 6.30pm on Friday 24 November, in the lead-up to Sky Sports’ coverage of the Sky Bet Championship match between Rotherham United and Leeds United.”

Looks like we will be away to one of FGR, Crawley, Wycombe or Peterborough.
How exciting!! Do Crawley have a good reserve side?

"Sky Sports’ Michelle Owen will host the draw alongside former Jamaican international, Jermaine Beckford and former Republic of Ireland international, Clinton Morrison."

That is pretty stellar tbh.

Forest Green, Wycombe, Peterborough or Crawley away. Other southern group winners in different group of draw