League One Ched Evans sacked

Personally speaking, he has been given chances to restore his career, and blown them. Not a character I would want at my club. Don't care if he could come in and score 30 goals, it's not about win at all costs for me. And it's not about the conviction then acquittal either, it's how he has acted and reacted around it.

But that's exactly the point. A player that unable to control himself to the degree where he is sacked by Joey Barton is very very unlikely to be good for the football club.
How would you react if KR decided to sign him and he scored a fair amount of goals for us would it be a bad signing or a good signing I mean hindsight is easy reality is different

Why is everyone so against us maybe trying to sign ched evans the bloke is a natural goal scorer at this level couldn’t we do with another decent goal scorer to help Taylor

Taking all the personal stuff aside, we have Taylor and Winnall who will be on considerable wages. We need a centre back and a winger (the type like Whyte or Browne won't be cheap on wages) at least, so how much do you think we have left in the salary cap to then pay for Evans?

And because of the personal stuff, I don't want him near the club just like I didn't want Nile Ranger.

How would you react if KR decided to sign him and he scored a fair amount of goals for us would it be a bad signing or a good signing I mean hindsight is easy reality is different
But what I have said is the *opposite* of hindsight! The bloke is quite obviously a pillock and a disruptive one - if he was scoring 20 goals a season and his behaviour was forgivable then Fleetwood wouldn't have sacked him.

It’s not a case of what I want at the club if I had what I wanted at the club we would have a front three of CR Mbappe salah it’s what could be good for us at the moment

I think the point has been made about his ill discipline to the point of getting the sack by JB.

How is a player like that good for us?

But this is a case of foresight, not hindsight!

I felt very uncomfortable when we signed Luke McCormick and similarly about taking on Adam Chapman after his spell in prison. I don’t have a snappy answer. Oxford are my team. I have to expect to sign into some things that are not straightforward.

Foresight is merely the application of hindsight before the predictable happens.

I would rather we didn't approach Evans, and I don't think we will.

I shall be writing that down on my CV forthwith.

"I work well in a team and am especially effective due to my gift of anteretrospective hindsight"

But his conviction was overturned 🤔 and we didn’t mind luke McCormick in goal for us his conviction wasn’t overturned 🤔 so is it let’s pick and choose what we accept 🤔
That was a mistake by the club regarding McCormick but although his Evans conviction was overturned, that boiled down to 2 witnesses both being paid 25k to testify that the victim was a slapper.

That was a mistake by the club regarding McCormick but although his Evans conviction was overturned, that boiled down to 2 witnesses both being paid 25k to testify that the victim was a slapper.
If memory serves me correctly, Luke McCormick got a good reception from the East stand on his debut for us. Also well received the following season when playing for Argyle.

If memory serves me correctly, Luke McCormick got a good reception from the East stand on his debut for us. Also well received the following season when playing for Argyle.
I didn’t welcome him as I was nearly banned from YF for my comments and I didn’t applaud him at the end of the season, but said thank you and that’s as far as I was prepared to go

That’s the thing I like hypocrisy McCormick was welcomed with open arms by lots of fans and so would chef evans if people on here like it or not if KR think it’s good for us he will try and convince the player to join

Back
Top Bottom