Matches BSM Trophy: Forest Green Away

“We’re gonna win all threeeeee.”

Just tried to look up how much money we get for beating FGR, but couldn’t find it online. Anyone know?

Just tried to look up how much money we get for beating FGR, but couldn’t find it online. Anyone know?

"In 2023 participating clubs received a £20,000 participation fee, with £10,000 per victory and £5,000 per draw in the group stage, and increasing prizes for the knockout matches up to £100,000 for winning the final."

"In 2023 participating clubs received a £20,000 participation fee, with £10,000 per victory and £5,000 per draw in the group stage, and increasing prizes for the knockout matches up to £100,000 for winning the final."
I believe it was reduced this year, but the recent sponsorship deal has raised the money back up again.

Not bad, I think we should definitely give it a good go to reach the final and win it this time.

Chance Matty Taylor will be using it as a low stress game to ease back into things post-injury?

Would be a second reason to watch (along with seeing how our reserves are looking......)

With the squad we have, it’s the perfect chance for rotation. It gets minutes into those who would normally only have get a few in league ties (Thorniley, Negru, GO’D, Murphy) and a chance for youth team graduates to make a squad too.

It’s not essential but I welcome every competitive match right now to assess options. If we win, all the better. If we lose, no harm done. Winning breeds confidence so see it as a chance to see a winning run going.

Last edited:
Yes I found that info too, just not a specific breakdown per round.

Either way, it’ll be a decent wedge.

Oh right, like beating FGR in the WhateverTheFuckIt'sCalled Trophy wouldn't be reward enough?

You'd want money too?

Sadly, FGR on a cold, possibly damp, autumnal/winter Tuesday evening does not fill me with enthusiasm. Just thinking about that double decker bus struggling to get up the hill again fills me with apprehension!

Hmmmm.....the middle game of a seven match Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues swing.....

......chances of seeing any of our first team playing? Not high!

Which competition is this? Is it the one formerly known as 'the pizza cup B*****s'?

Back
Top Bottom