Dot Counting Bristol Rovers 10k - 7th Oct

Attendance tracking
+1 for iFollow, alongside 3 others.
There's just no way I can make midweek games.

Could you if we were playing at the Triangle? Just a question to see whether location of current stadium is a factor and wether being next to a train station could make it doable.

Could you if we were playing at the Triangle? Just a question to see whether location of current stadium is a factor and wether being next to a train station could make it doable.

Not for me, no, not midweek anyway.

The triangle will be far better for almost everyone though, including myself at weekends, but that's for another thread.

Just to point out, there are train strikes today, that were starting to affect the trains last night too. I couldn't make the game as there was no viable train back to London for me at that time of night. It might have put others off too.
Calling bullshit on this.

Football fans don't use trains, which is why it's entirely pointless building stadiums near stations.

If we gave Rovers 2500 we would have sell out crowd and an edgy atmosphere. Plus exposing our players to the kind of experience they will get week in week out in the Championship. Add in extra revenue that might help fund an emergency loan to get us over the line.
When we are at The Triangle and in the Championship, there will be hundreds of U's fans that would be peeved if we only get 1600 tickets for away games.
I know I'm just about the only one on here that thinks this but...
What's not to like?

If we gave Rovers 2500 we would have sell out crowd and an edgy atmosphere. Plus exposing our players to the kind of experience they will get week in week out in the Championship. Add in extra revenue that might help fund an emergency loan to get us over the line.
What's not to like?
WE ARE NOT MK DONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we are at The Triangle and in the Championship, there will be hundreds of U's fans that would be peeved if we only get 1600 tickets for away games.
What's not to like?
Definitely NOT for Bristol Rovers, they give the away fans at their place the least possible number of tickets calculated down to the one person. They provide the absolute minimum number of seats and provide the worst terrace possible. They are quite happy to leave the away terrace uncovered in full bright sunshine or pissing down with rain when the rest of their ground is covered.

…,, we have sold between 1,514 and 1,905 from this stage for each home game this season, so again, the median of that gets us to just about where we need to be.
Love this. Is it possible to take a qualification in ‘dot counting’? 😀

I would like to think there is a plan to open up half of block 26 on the day for home fans if, and I'm sure it will be the case, it looks like we might be close to selling out on the day.

What's not to like?
Don’t make me tap the Leyton Orient sign.

What's not to like?

No no no! We have to provide 10% of the capacity to the away team and shouldn't give a single ticket more.

If we want an edgy atmosphere then show up in numbers and create it ourselves. If we want to bring in extra revenue then encourage a mate to join you, bring your family along, ask if your kids want to bring a friend from school, get a load of people from work to come along. You don't prepare for the Championship by giving greater advantage to the opposition. We flood the place and back the team into winning to give us the chance of getting to the Championship.

10,000 passionate Oxford fans is what we need, and if we keep building on and off the pitch then we should have plenty of games this season where we see those numbers.

What's not to like about that?

Can someone remind me of the validation for a 12.30 kick off?

Apart from TVP making stuff up?

Terribly inconvenient and shortens my engagement with the local economy...

Can someone remind me of the validation for a 12.30 kick off?

Apart from TVP making stuff up?

Terribly inconvenient and shortens my engagement with the local economy...

There was a scuffle about 15 years ago and now forever more we must play at 12.30pm against Bristol Rovers, no other reason.

Tuesday games are just not viable for some of us. I make the exception occasionally but it's just too difficult to make it with work most of the time.

There was a scuffle about 15 years ago and now forever more we must play at 12.30pm against Bristol Rovers, no other reason.
Was 2013 when it kicked off big and to be fair it's kicked off since then so fair enough in my opinion for TVP to change.

Last edited:
As promised I've been doing a dot count this week, but I didn't want to put it up on here until after last night's game.

Firstly, tickets are selling well. I'll exclude the Exeter game, as that was a bit of a one off, due to the ticket promotions. But as of midnight last night we are showing our highest home sales of the season by a few hundred. We were at just under 6,700 which is, for instance, over 400 higher than the Port Vale game at the same stage. That game ended with 8,144 home fans. For a 10,000 attendance we need just over 8,500 home fans on Saturday, so we're pretty much on par for it at the moment. We have sold between 1,514 and 1,905 from this stage for each home game this season, so again, the median of that gets us to just about where we need to be.

Once again, this is going to be interesting, particularly in respect of match day sales with the earlier kick off.
24 hours later, at midnight last night, we were at just below 6,950.

Once again that's on par to make 8,500 home sales, and (just) 10,000 total sales. We are still over 400 ahead of both the Charlton and Port Vale games and are selling at a slightly faster rate since midnight Sunday, Charlton was 574, Port Vale was 590 and this game has achieved 658 since midnight on Sunday.

Sales normally ramp up in the last two full days, so we should expect 250/300 today and 400/600 tomorrow. It then all hinges on match day sales, during the morning of the game.

Exciting.................

24 hours later, at midnight last night, we were at just below 6,950.

Once again that's on par to make 8,500 home sales, and (just) 10,000 total sales. We are still over 400 ahead of both the Charlton and Port Vale games and are selling at a slightly faster rate since midnight Sunday, Charlton was 574, Port Vale was 590 and this game has achieved 658 since midnight on Sunday.

Sales normally ramp up in the last two full days, so we should expect 250/300 today and 400/600 tomorrow. It then all hinges on match day sales, during the morning of the game.

Exciting.................
'early'

No no no! We have to provide 10% of the capacity to the away team and shouldn't give a single ticket more.

If we want an edgy atmosphere then show up in numbers and create it ourselves. If we want to bring in extra revenue then encourage a mate to join you, bring your family along, ask if your kids want to bring a friend from school, get a load of people from work to come along. You don't prepare for the Championship by giving greater advantage to the opposition. We flood the place and back the team into winning to give us the chance of getting to the Championship.

10,000 passionate Oxford fans is what we need, and if we keep building on and off the pitch then we should have plenty of games this season where we see those numbers.

What's not to like about that?
A compelling argument but....
I've been going to away games since the 70's. Some of my most vivid memories are from those games where we took thousands away. From League 1 to the Conference, and back again I hope.
If we could sell all our home tickets then yes I agree, but on many occasions we know that won't happen. So sell the experience to someone else, a fellow football fan even if not of our club.
That said, I think Saturday will be a close sell out anyway.

Back
Top Bottom