Dot Counting Bristol Rovers 10k - 7th Oct

Attendance tracking
Can someone remind me of the validation for a 12.30 kick off?

Apart from TVP making stuff up?

Terribly inconvenient and shortens my engagement with the local economy...
Have you been to a gas game recently?
Even on a Tuesday night there is trouble between knuckle draggers.

Hope to god we win Saturday, if there's one thing worse than Pugwash it's Rovers sing in ' it's happened again' when the final whistle goes

I don't want to tread on @Colin B 's toes, but was bored so tried to have a count up of available seats (with some very amateur guesstimating on blocks of seats!)

They appear to show pretty good sales today and in a position to exceed 10k based on Colin's projections - but we should certainly wait for a more professional update before getting carried away!

Well I have a very poor home record against BR. I took my son to his first game at the manor against them and they stuffed us 1-5 with cureton and roberts running rampant. Hes still a fan obviously but I actually cant remember a home win against them. Needless to say Im not going! Presumably its on ifollow.

I don't want to tread on @Colin B 's toes, but was bored so tried to have a count up of available seats (with some very amateur guesstimating on blocks of seats!)

They appear to show pretty good sales today and in a position to exceed 10k based on Colin's projections - but we should certainly wait for a more professional update before getting carried away!
I agree with Colin too. 🤷‍♂️

"Who are ya? Who are ya...."

THIS IS NOT THE MATCH DAY BUILD-UP THREAD.

24 hours later, at midnight last night, we were at just below 6,950.

Once again that's on par to make 8,500 home sales, and (just) 10,000 total sales. We are still over 400 ahead of both the Charlton and Port Vale games and are selling at a slightly faster rate since midnight Sunday, Charlton was 574, Port Vale was 590 and this game has achieved 658 since midnight on Sunday.

Sales normally ramp up in the last two full days, so we should expect 250/300 today and 400/600 tomorrow. It then all hinges on match day sales, during the morning of the game.

Exciting.................
The first day of slightly lower than expected sales. We were at just over 7,150 at midnight, meaning net sales of just over 200 in the previous 24 hours. But this was affected by the club putting over 30 seats on sale in the VIP area (they were previously showing as sold) so our actual sales for the day were about 250. It's also noticeable that the club have not blanked out any areas at all for complimentary or offers, so these are all actual full price sales.

We need 1,350 today and tomorrow to hit the 8,500 home sales target, for a 10,000 attendance. We're 350 ahead of the same stage for the Port Vale game, and that ended up as 8,144 home sales, so it's arguable that we're still on target. But it's a hard one to predict, due to the early kick off time and its effect on match day sales, so I'm going to hedge my bets a little and say that we'll just miss the 10,000 mark by a couple of hundred. I'd be delighted to be wrong, but if I'm not, it's still a very good effort and an indication of our increasing home attendances, as last years TOTAL attendance for this fixture was 8,437.

Do we think, with the early kick off, this will result in less on the day walk up sales?

Do we think, with the early kick off, this will result in less on the day walk up sales?
Probably, and it will be interesting to see. The game is also available on iFollow, as it's not a 3pm kick off, so that may also have an impact.

Probably, and it will be interesting to see. The game is also available on iFollow, as it's not a 3pm kick off, so that may also have an impact.
Hopefully this is offset somewhat by the excellent weather on the day, as fewer would fancy going in the pouring rain.

I accept that good weather might also lead to some making other, non-football plans (sickening, I know!) but who WOULDN’T want to watch some top of the table action on a beautiful Autumn day?

The first day of slightly lower than expected sales. We were at just over 7,150 at midnight, meaning net sales of just over 200 in the previous 24 hours. But this was affected by the club putting over 30 seats on sale in the VIP area (they were previously showing as sold) so our actual sales for the day were about 250. It's also noticeable that the club have not blanked out any areas at all for complimentary or offers, so these are all actual full price sales.

We need 1,350 today and tomorrow to hit the 8,500 home sales target, for a 10,000 attendance. We're 350 ahead of the same stage for the Port Vale game, and that ended up as 8,144 home sales, so it's arguable that we're still on target. But it's a hard one to predict, due to the early kick off time and its effect on match day sales, so I'm going to hedge my bets a little and say that we'll just miss the 10,000 mark by a couple of hundred. I'd be delighted to be wrong, but if I'm not, it's still a very good effort and an indication of our increasing home attendances, as last years TOTAL attendance for this fixture was 8,437.
It will be a bit disappointing if, with a full away section, we can't hit 10k with us going top of the league with a win, but as you suggest the trend is upwards and plenty more 10k opportunities to come.

It will be a bit disappointing if, with a full away section, we can't hit 10k with us going top of the league with a win, but as you suggest the trend is upwards and plenty more 10k opportunities to come.
We may do it, but I'm going off of gut instinct, as I don't have the ticket buying stats for an early kick off. That said, I'm very sure that if it was a 3pm kick off we would achieve over 10,000.

Given a capacity away section, our form and league position, it’d be a real disappointment to not breach the 10k mark. At a time that the club needs to gather as much justification as it can to make a case for a stadium with increased capacity, the fans, where we possibly can, need to back the club by showing up.

We will make 10k don’t be surprised if a few 100 Bristol rovers fans go in the home ends

Have you been to a gas game recently?
Even on a Tuesday night there is trouble between knuckle draggers.

Yep home & away............ nothing compared to a while ago.

Bit of shouting and pavement dancing by snotty kids in snide SI is the level of it these days.

I think it’s really worth highlighting if credible evidence is emerging for iFollow impacting attendances, since this forum regularly rails against the ban on 3pm games being shown.

I think it’s really worth highlighting if credible evidence is emerging for iFollow impacting attendances, since this forum regularly rails against the ban on 3pm games being shown.
How could there be credible evidence of that though?

If this fixture sells less than usual how would you know if that’s due to it being available on iFollow, the fact that it’s a 12:30 kickoff or just the usual fluctuation in attendances?

As an aside, one simple way around that issue regarding the ban on 3pm games would be to open it up as soon as the game sells out. If I literally cannot purchase a ticket what’s the harm on paying the club to watch it online?

Back
Top Bottom