National News The Brexit Thread 🇬🇧🇪🇺

Outrageously wrong IMO ....

That's odd. I could have sworn that I have been 'working for my pension' by doing exactly that and paying money out to the government in National Insurance every month...

CNN in depth look at bojo's puppeteer- more enlightening than anything the uk media have been allowed or dared to run :cautious:

It's standard fare for an article about Cummings. I don't doubt for one moment he's an a**e to work with but the left wing media doesn't half talk him up to be a combination of the boogeyman and a dictator. Fair to point out that he was never supposed to stay this long, so there has an artificial time limit to his time in Govt.

The interesting thing will be what he does before he goes. And he will. Fun times ahead :oops:

That's odd. I could have sworn that I have been 'working for my pension' by doing exactly that and paying money out to the government in National Insurance every month...

My dad (ex-teacher) was recruited by his former school as part of some "super teachers" offensive to offer additional help to students who were struggling or needed a small boost to get a higher grade at GCSE level. Just a few hours a week, nothing major. He did a couple of sessions with amazing feedback from school and students alike, whereupon he was contacted by the Department of Work and Pensions to say his pension would be reduced as he was now "actively searching for and back in work". So he knocked it on the head, as you would if your bank account is lighter at the end of the month despite doing a meaningful and much-needed job.

Work that one out!

"No formal complaints".......... says it all.
It seems "saying what you mean" is now seen as bullying...............
The talk is Patel has a rep for not taking BS from her staff and being demanding - and the Home Office is in need of reform by all accounts. Can't confirm either way, but more talk is that one of the complainers is the one who had his hand in the till around the Windrush Scandal and forced Rudd to fall on her sword because he wouldn't take the cop for it.

if that is all true - no idea - then you can see why they are uncomfortable and complaining.

Patel,if memory serves, previously resigned after less than transparent dealings with some Israeli contacts. As usual, we are being presented with a picture of a hard-talking Minister rather than as someone who has a track record of unreliability.

Patel,if memory serves, previously resigned after less than transparent dealings with some Israeli contacts. As usual, we are being presented with a picture of a hard-talking Minister rather than as someone who has a track record of unreliability.
Absolutely and she deserved that humiliation 100%. Two pictures are being presented, so it would be interesting to see what Amber Rudd has to say. Whoever the "Sir" is (can't recall his name), doesn't seem a popular chap to work with.

o_O ....

87187069_3017027621695333_6909921102961573888_n.jpg

Irrespective of "The Not So Independent" what is so wrong with having control of who enters & leaves?
Easy enough to add seasonal easements for fruit pickers etc until we establish the needs of the country.

As for the grooming gangs that is a direct correlation and result of not being able to say "It is Pakistani Muslim Men that have a propensity to abuse under age girls" without being labelled a racist/islamaphobe/bigot is it not?

Irrespective of "The Not So Independent" what is so wrong with having control of who enters & leaves?
Easy enough to add seasonal easements for fruit pickers etc until we establish the needs of the country.

As for the grooming gangs that is a direct correlation and result of not being able to say "It is Pakistani Muslim Men that have a propensity to abuse under age girls" without being labelled a racist/islamaphobe/bigot is it not?

The problem being the Govt is giving sufficient seasonal easements, ie. the Fruit picking industry iirc has 60,000 seasonal workers yet the Govt have set 10,000 seasonal visas for all industries, not just fruit picking.

Back
Top Bottom