International News Black Lives Matter

BBC having a love in on this............

The man arrested has been charged with possession of a knife.
He was handcuffed but maybe if he wasn`t struggling (as per the video) then the officers knee wouldn`t have ended up briefly on his neck?
Once he complied he was sat up and checked over and dealt with.

Of course the BBC have to interview a witness.........
"An eye witness told the BBC: "I was worried he was going to get executed. That's just how George Floyd got killed. "

Don`t carry a knife...... comply when questioned/arrested........... no problem.

Interesting that in the counter culture of rap in the 1980s and 90s the word 'nigga' was adopted by angry young black men to describe other young black men. It was done ironically, of course, but highlighted how the word 'nigger' was used in a derogatory way against black people of all generations.

Quite a fan of Dr Dre. He had a notable positive influence on the music scene - whatever your particular music taste - but was a founding member of NWA, the 'N' intended to offer a challenge to the more sensitive in society.

To use the 'N' word nowadays would be crass and unintelligent. To call your (black) dog by that word in the racially unenlightened 1940s would barely warrant a comment.

He was handcuffed but maybe if he wasn`t struggling (as per the video) then the officers knee wouldn`t have ended up briefly on his neck?

"An eye witness told the BBC: "I was worried he was going to get executed. That's just how George Floyd got killed. "

Don`t carry a knife...... comply when questioned/arrested........... no problem.

The job of the police is to also not kill members of the public who might be guilty of offenses.

Having restrained thousands of people, most of whom were non-compliant, and many with weapons, there is never a need to kneel on the neck, especially when handcuffs have already been applied. In the image I saw, there were at least two police officers present. They could have each secured the upper arm/shoulder to keep someone restrained without putting any pressure on the neck, or back/chest to restrict breathing. In fact, the prisoner could have been sat up, or even stood up to give them more dignity with the two police supporting the arms to prevent he running away, or falling and hurting himself.

Having restrained thousands of people, most of whom were non-compliant, and many with weapons, there is never a need to kneel on the neck, especially when handcuffs have already been applied. In the image I saw, there were at least two police officers present. They could have each secured the upper arm/shoulder to keep someone restrained without putting any pressure on the neck, or back/chest to restrict breathing. In fact, the prisoner could have been sat up, or even stood up to give them more dignity with the two police supporting the arms to prevent he running away, or falling and hurting himself.

Comm.PO@met.police.uk
Is the email you need to earned in your tactics to be used. It should go to Cressida Dicks office.
No they don’t need to use the knee on the neck manoeuvre. If there were two police officers who had the suspect on the ground I would assume restrained then when they felt the situation was in hand then they could think about sitting the suspect before placing him in a cage in the back of a van. But to afford some sort of dignity that would have to be dependant on the circumstances.

Comm.PO@met.police.uk
Is the email you need to earned in your tactics to be used. It should go to Cressida Dicks office.
No they don’t need to use the knee on the neck manoeuvre. If there were two police officers who had the suspect on the ground I would assume restrained then when they felt the situation was in hand then they could think about sitting the suspect before placing him in a cage in the back of a van. But to afford some sort of dignity that would have to be dependant on the circumstances.

There will already be an existing training package, but happy to offer further guidance for a fee! I accept that every situation is different, and this is often dictated by the response of the one being restrained, but this was a pretty basic error that shouldn't have happened unless the risk to others was exceptional.

There will already be an existing training package, but happy to offer further guidance for a fee! I accept that every situation is different, and this is often dictated by the response of the one being restrained, but this was a pretty basic error that shouldn't have happened unless the risk to others was exceptional.
I found it strange that it was a tactic that was in the training manual for the Police in America

The job of the police is to also not kill members of the public who might be guilty of offenses.

They didn`t kill anyone.
Whilst wrestling with someone on the ground there is a distinct possibility someone will get hurt.
Watch the video.
If said knife carrying criminal had just complied it would never have happened.

Meanwhile.............. #blm (unless it is in Highfields and the Somalians are stabbing each other to death)

Probably linked to the stabbing the previous day next door to Leicester Prison.

I just don`t know why the police use racial profiling to arrest folk who have a propensity to carry and use weapons....................

Interesting that in the counter culture of rap in the 1980s and 90s the word 'nigga' was adopted by angry young black men to describe other young black men. It was done ironically, of course, but highlighted how the word 'nigger' was used in a derogatory way against black people of all generations.

Quite a fan of Dr Dre. He had a notable positive influence on the music scene - whatever your particular music taste - but was a founding member of NWA, the 'N' intended to offer a challenge to the more sensitive in society.

To use the 'N' word nowadays would be crass and unintelligent. To call your (black) dog by that word in the racially unenlightened 1940s would barely warrant a comment.
Years ago, my black friend called me a Honky, for a joke. I've never, to this day, known what it means. I've never taken offence, either. Anyone know what it means?

Years ago, my black friend called me a Honky, for a joke. I've never, to this day, known what it means. I've never taken offence, either. Anyone know what it means?

Derogatory term used by blacks for whites, in the same bracket as coconut to describe someone of mixed race.
In 100 years time your ancestors will be suing for compensation for trauma.....

Derogatory term used by blacks for whites, in the same bracket as coconut to describe someone of mixed race.
In 100 years time your ancestors will be suing for compensation for trauma.....
Thank you for that. I remember Dick Emery used to say: "Hello, Honky Tonk!" when he did a gay character. That is what he called eveybody. But HONKY as a word to describe the so-called white man? Beats me.

A genuine question and not meant in any racially motive way whatsoever but how long is football going to have the down start n one liner in respect if BLM and in another point why are Asians and minority ethnics getting the same respect. Just a question and not racial in any way

Thank you for that. I remember Dick Emery used to say: "Hello, Honky Tonk!" when he did a gay character. That is what he called eveybody. But HONKY as a word to describe the so-called white man? Beats me.
I heard it comes from a West African term 'honq' for a 'red eared person'. Though looking it up elsewhere, there are a few other theories.

I see the knife man and his solicitor want an apology and the case dropped. I spoke to a an ex police friend who suggested that much was made of the incident and the referral to get off my neck was a tactic deployed to get him off.
Question is was he engaging force on his neck? Was the police officer attempting to stop the arrested man from spitting in his face or biting him with the risks Covid carries?

I see the knife man and his solicitor want an apology and the case dropped. I spoke to a an ex police friend who suggested that much was made of the incident and the referral to get off my neck was a tactic deployed to get him off.
Question is was he engaging force on his neck? Was the police officer attempting to stop the arrested man from spitting in his face or biting him with the risks Covid carries?
Apparently there was a ruckus last week in LA about a man in a wheelchair being arrested after some footage was put onto social media claiming police brutality. LAPD released various items of bodycam footage and unsurprisingly, you see him punch a policeman unprovoked and the mob he was in kick off. Furthermore, he was a criminal in possession of fireman (if I recall correctly) and arrested for that too.

The media and criminals love policing the Police via photos and short videos. It's great for the narrative and getting off of bad behaviour. Who'd want to be a Policeman eh? Your management don't back you up or take any accountability, the media blame you for doing your job, etc

Last edited:
Indeed it's amazing how many people (especially the biggest ones) find themselves in a life threatening position according to them only for when you suddenly release the pressure to spit bite or take advantage of the situation. Plus rent a mob who record videos of failed stop and searches and upload them only to discard those that show something being found. I wouldn't want to be a policeman today look at any protest and there is plenty of goading and violence to the police whilst the police are recorded. These video will be edited to suit the cause of the person posting them. They are basically propaganda videos. The police shouldn't have to take the abuse and violence then have their actions raked over with a fine tooth comb.

If anything people like this who cry racism should be treated as racists because actually what they want is to give their ethnic group the privilege to cary a knife and to assault the police without the police doing anything because they know they will be accused of racism.

I'm not going to lose sleep over this decision by AP but in what way isn't this racist even if in a 'positive discrimination' stylee?

I'm not going to lose sleep over this decision by AP but in what way isn't this racist even if in a 'positive discrimination' stylee?

"The AP said white people in general have much less shared history and culture"

Not sure about the truth of that statement to be honest.

Is that not discrimination based on race?

Back
Top Bottom