International News Black Lives Matter

And there was I thinking he was caring, congestion charge was 5 days a week from 0700 - 1800 now Khan as soon as the ease of lockdown was announce it became 7 - 22.00 7 days a week and no exemptions for disability the bloke doesn’t give a s**t about disabled
Can you elaborate please, Bazzer? I cannot find any infomation about that, anywhere. I'm not saying I don't believe you, btw

In the Daily Telegraph the PM has announced a cross government commission to tackle racism. Labour are already critical of his plans and there are plenty of questions to be answered about who’ll lead it, membership, remit etc; but does ‘cross government’ mean cross party? If not, I can’t see this working effectively..

The PM announced an investigation into Islamophobia within the Tory party during his campaign to be elected party leader.
Regretfully, he again reneged on his word. I doubt we'll see anything significant coming out of this either.

The PM announced an investigation into Islamophobia within the Tory party during his campaign to be elected party leader.
Regretfully, he again reneged on his word. I doubt we'll see anything significant coming out of this either.

And we're still waiting for some reports to be published from before the General Election...

Serious question. We all know that the 'ME' part of BAME stands for minority ethnic, but which elements of society are classed as ME?

Easy enough to answer, you'd think, but many Googling attempts later I'm none the wiser. Various descriptions mention 'nationality', 'culture', 'religion', even 'non-white' but it's still not clear to me which minorities are included. At least 'black' and 'Asian' are definitions you'd think you could hang your hat on, although 'Asian' in the UK has different connotations to 'Asian' in the USA where much of that sub-group are of Chinese or Korean extraction.

Here in Lincolnshire, 7% of the population is apparently BAME, but could that include ethnic groups like Poles or Lithuanians who are still here in numbers as field workers? Essentially white-skinned, but are they minority ethnic groups under BAME?

The one conclusion I have come to is that BAME definitions aren't necessarily based on skin colour.

Back
Top Bottom