Non-League Banbury United

Yeah, I don't see a problem either - unless there's a mad end to the season, you'll have Weymouth & Dover heading down into NLS and King's Lynn heading down into NLN - and as NLS played with one fewer team this season, that's all hunky dory.

And then they're promoting eight teams from Tier 7 this year, and I believe they're doing two each from the Northern Premier League, Isthmian League, Southern League Central and Southern League South.

But given that all the teams in promotion contention in the NPL and SLC are further north than Oxford.....I don't really see why City should have to move leagues?

It seems to have been discussed as likely in non-league circles (generally decent websites/Non-League Paper etc). It will as you say though depend on those finishing in promotion/relegation spots and that won't be known until later in the season.

Looks like it's likely that they will be in the Conference North next season. Going to be a lot of miles.

Crowned champions today , throughly deserved backed by a crowd of just under 1900 .
The future is bright for the puritans under the guidance of Andy Whing .
RO were suggesting that they will be battling to keep hold of Whing.

"North" should start around Northampton - clue is in the name really, even if it is The Midlands. 🤷‍♀️

🎶 All we need is a team of Andy Whings 🎶

If ever there was a player who would "run through walls" he`s in the same league as Briggs & Shotton.

🎶 All we need is a team of Andy Whings 🎶

If ever there was a player who would "run through walls" he`s in the same league as Briggs & Shotton.

I’d put Jake Wright above Whing for sheer commitment. There was a bloke who, in a quiet and understated way, would put his head where others dared put their boot. Aside of the obvious two - Briggs and Shotton - I’m struggling to think of too many as brave and committed to the cause as Wright.

I’d put Jake Wright above Whing for sheer commitment. There was a bloke who, in a quiet and understated way, would put his head where others dared put their boot. Aside of the obvious two - Briggs and Shotton - I’m struggling to think of too many as brave and committed to the cause as Wright.
Mickey Lewis?

Andy Crosby and Matt Bound would be up there too.

Wayne hatswell

• React
Reactions: m
According to Andy Whing Oxford City could end up in Conference North next season as most of the relegated down or promoted up clubs with the exception of Banbury will be south of Oxford.

See, I just don't think this is true.

Barring a miraculous end of season run, King's Lynn are going down from the National League - and they are comfortably north of Oxford.
(the other two teams getting relegated are south coast sides, but the NLS played with one fewer team than the NLN this year, so that's all OK)

And then there's eight teams going up to that level - including two from the Northern Premier League, and two from the Southern League Central.
The teams currently in the top five in those leagues are Banbury, Coalville, Peterborough Sports, Rushall Olympic, AFC Rushden, Buxton, South Shields, Matlock, Scarborough & Warrington.
Unless my geography is very off, all of those are comfortably north of Oxford as well!

And two go up from the Isthmian league, and current the second placed team is Bishop's Stortford.....and they are (very marginally) north of Oxford too.

So unless Kings Lynn do somehow overtake Aldershot, I really don't see why City would have to change leagues.

See, I just don't think this is true.

Barring a miraculous end of season run, King's Lynn are going down from the National League - and they are comfortably north of Oxford.
(the other two teams getting relegated are south coast sides, but the NLS played with one fewer team than the NLN this year, so that's all OK)

And then there's eight teams going up to that level - including two from the Northern Premier League, and two from the Southern League Central.
The teams currently in the top five in those leagues are Banbury, Coalville, Peterborough Sports, Rushall Olympic, AFC Rushden, Buxton, South Shields, Matlock, Scarborough & Warrington.
Unless my geography is very off, all of those are comfortably north of Oxford as well!

And two go up from the Isthmian league, and current the second placed team is Bishop's Stortford.....and they are (very marginally) north of Oxford too.

So unless Kings Lynn do somehow overtake Aldershot, I really don't see why City would have to change leagues.
I am only quoting what the Banbury manager Andy Whing said when he was on Radio Oxford for the afternoon of the Shrewsbury game.

Back
Top Bottom