Conference 7/05/23 - Notts County v Borhamwood

Would be utterly criminal if they don't go up, they smashed the league along with Wrexham. Hope they turn it around. Only 2-1 down now

Unfortunately that’s the way it’s set up. Boreham wood have missed out a couple of times so maybe have the experience to pull off the win today.

I get why the playoffs exist, but there has to be a way of recognising when teams finish so far apart points wise ..

...eg only teams finishing within say 10or15 points of the highest placed qualifier get to take part
..or a goal head start for every ten points they finish ahead

From the ten minutes I've watched all their attacking play has gone through him

Incredible :eek:. Assist in the last minute of normal time and goal in the last minute of extra time

A player not good enough for us 🤣🤣 f**k you Karl
Whether Karl was right or wrong who knows but scoring a couple of goals against Boreham Wood in a conference semi final doesn't tell us either way. More to the point is he out of contract at the end of the season?

Whether Karl was right or wrong who knows but scoring a couple of goals against Boreham Wood in a conference semi final doesn't tell us either way. More to the point is he out of contract at the end of the season?
I think we have an option, I imagine we’ll take it up then sell him to Notts. Though it’s frustrating not knowing if he’s any good or not.

I get why the playoffs exist, but there has to be a way of recognising when teams finish so far apart points wise ..

...eg only teams finishing within say 10or15 points of the highest placed qualifier get to take part
..or a goal head start for every ten points they finish ahead

I think that the Italian lower leagues do this.....at least for relegation.

For example, bottom three sides in Serie B go down automatically.
Then there's a playoff between the teams in 16th and 17th unless there's a 5 point (or more) gap between them. Then they cancel the playoff and the 17th side is down automatically.

Seems fairer than what almost happened to Notts County today!

He wasn't in the starting line up for a NL side
Are you suggesting that he is definitely a L1 player?
We won't ever find out now but I'm sure he'd better than wildschut I'm sure he would have given us more than Murphy if he was given as many chances but anyway it's done

Back
Top Bottom