Away Match Day Thread 6/2/2021 L1 Doncaster Rovers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutel rot , Stevens had not dropped any ' clangers ' while Easty had made quite a few !
I suspect you like the wind up though tbh
Grow up tbj. Wind up? :ROFLMAO: I'm talking longer term, in reserve team games I've seen him play.

God help what stick Eastwood would have got yesterday for letting in 3 goals from the 11th Commandment brigade!

It’s not personal, its looking at something objectively. I really don’t care what he did 2 seasons ago. I care about how he is playing now. If you choose to select players based on how they used to play, Eastwood would still be in goal and we would be languishing in 18th. That’s ridiculous.

I’ve watched every single minute of this season and in 95% of the games he has played, he hasn’t been anywhere near good enough. If we are serious about going up or challenging for the playoffs, we shouldn’t be picking players based on sentiment.

He’s been carried in far too many games and now that we have better options, we should use them. Simple as that.

Gorrin
Brannagan Maguane
Barker Taylor Lee/Shodipo

You seriously cannot tell me you would pick Henry over any of those players, based on form?

You keep quoting you and others but Karl Robinson seems to agree with me. That’s good enough for me and the fact we’ve just smashed a club record with Henry in the team suggests Robinson - and me - are on the money. I could care less what you say, I can guarantee you one thing - You do not win nine consecutive games, breaking records in the process, by carrying a player. No team in the land is that good.

Grow up tbj. Wind up? :ROFLMAO: I'm talking longer term, in reserve team games I've seen him play.

God help what stick Eastwood would have got yesterday for letting in 3 goals from the 11th Commandment brigade!
Of course you have , when I'd love to know .
So a good keeper can't let in 3 goals?
None of them were 'clangers ' at all .
Easty made high profile clangers sadly.

That’s not a clanger, that’s conceding a goal at your near post that took a deflection off of your left back...

A clanger is taking someone out in the playoff final and giving away a penalty that cost us promotion. No big deal though, right?
Here we go again, if you had bothered to read the post and chill a little I posted you would have read,"I'm talking during the reserve games I've seen over the years."
Also where did I say stevens committed a clanger yesterday? Exactly, I didn't.
Who needs Alistair Campbell? :ROFLMAO:

Here we go again, if you had bothered to read the post and chill a little I posted you would have read,"I'm talking during the reserve games I've seen over the years."
Who needs Alistair Campbell? :ROFLMAO:
When he was 11 he made a right bloomer , and the mistake when one went through his legs at 13....I dare not mention coming off his line and missing the ball when turned 16 ...how can we trust his current form and the fact he is more than ready now 🤣🤣

You keep quoting you and others but Karl Robinson seems to agree with me. That’s good enough for me and the fact we’ve just smashed a club record with Henry in the team suggests Robinson - and me - are on the money. I could care less what you say, I can guarantee you one thing - You do not win nine consecutive games, breaking records in the process, by carrying a player. No team in the land is that good.
The funny thing about a team sport is, an individual can often get away with making mistakes because of the quality of his team mates...

[emoji23] Don't like stevens?? I don't even know the lad. My opinion is, for the record, the same as others have mentioned here, namely, I think kr will being in a first choice in the summer, and stevens will compete for the jersey.

Slightly obtuse... don't like in a football ability sense, obviously. . Which was obvious from your comments about him around the time of him becoming first choice.

If he carries on with the form he has shown so far, he will be first choice next season.

Grow up tbj. Wind up? [emoji23] I'm talking longer term, in reserve team games I've seen him play.

Careful. You are slipping back into POC tendencies.

Who needs Alistair Campbell? [emoji23]
Post #833 you said, "whilst stevens has produced some clangers. "

Right, so now you apparently didn't mean yesterday. So, come on, give details of one of these clangers.

Last edited:
A clanger is taking someone out in the playoff final and giving away a penalty that cost us promotion. No big deal though, right?
See, I blame Moore for that, you don’t duck under the ball as a defender, that’s criminal! Especially when your keeper hasn’t called for the ball

But your point is accurate, Easty has had some nightmares

Mellowyellow has never rated Stevens, never liked Stevens. That’s just a fact! He’s been saying he’s not good enough for years now. Been quiet since he’s literally been nominated for League One player of the month (!) and won fans player of the month, but, unsurprisingly, as soon as we lose a game and he’s even slightly called into question, here he is again slagging him off.

It’s funny the way we have players we like and dislike! One guy said his favourite was Sykes, which I totally respect. I’m not mad on Shodipo but his goal scoring is indisputable and he’s showing signs of becoming more of a team player. You have to understand that you are biased and not try to turn it into a logical argument.

The funny thing about a team sport is, an individual can often get away with making mistakes because of the quality of his team mates...

What a load of absolute nonsense. For 90 minutes maybe, but 9 matches ? How ironic too that one of our worst first half performances during that run was when Henry was absent at Rochdale. Robbo brings him on at the break, he bangs a goal of the season contender in from 25 yards and we run out winners.

Like I said at the outset, you are a clueless fan.

What a load of absolute nonsense. For 90 minutes maybe, but 9 matches ? How ironic too that one of our worst first half performances during that run was when Henry was absent at Rochdale. Robbo brings him on at the break, he bangs a goal of the season contender in from 25 yards and we run out winners.

Like I said at the outset, you are a clueless fan.
He’s not going to shag you, mate...

Quite a loaded question. From the opinion of some the goal he could have done better at stopping. As mentioned earlier in the thread and by Captain Ox. Doesn't look like his best moment. I didn't mean to break the 11tth commandment ffs. I'm talking during the reserve games I've seen over the years.

Name a reserve game that you watched that the kid made a clanger ?

Come on you’ve made a statement now back it up Mellowyellow for once !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom