Home Match Day Thread 16/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Doncaster Rovers

Malc

Staff member
Doncaster are going through a poor patch. Of the last 8 games they have won 2, drawn 2, and lost 4. We should have enough in house to take all 3 points from them.

IMAGE FROM THE PAST : March 27th 2004

Promotion chasing United and Doncaster draw 0-0 at Grenoble Road in front of 8,483.
Simon Cox makes his Oxford Utd debut in goal.

EwlACAJWQAYFrg5

I think we will have enough if we can get it forwards on the ground quicker . It was interesting watching Liverpool last night both the defending midfielder and the next midfielder are always looking to play it forwards. Where as Gorrin is always facing our goal and plays it straight back and Cam is far to deep . Karl says this morning he wants it to be more attacking let's hope it starts tonight.

Wonder who'll be taking the dead balls tonight with Forde absent and Henry injured. Seems like a new first XI every game now, suppose other teams will have it the same way. How much left in the tank?

We need players to find form quickly and for others to put Saturday behind them.

Thinking 1-0 with Ruffs popping up with the winner.

COYY

Wonder who'll be taking the dead balls tonight with Forde absent and Henry injured. Seems like a new first XI every game now, suppose other teams will have it the same way. How much left in the tank?

We need players to find form quickly and for others to put Saturday behind them.

Thinking 1-0 with Ruffs popping up with the winner.

COYY
I assume that I will be Brannagan taking the dead balls?
We could do with not picking up any more injuries

See a close game, at least they will come and play football. Our goal drought needs to come to an end soon
Hope to see a 2 1 win but could easily lose by the same margin

I assume that I will be Brannagan taking the dead balls?
We could do with not picking up any more injuries

I`m kind of hoping Kelly starts ( i`m having some inner conflict about the pros and cons of Sykes and Barker starting ) and if he does that will
be him on dead balls, otherwise Brannagan or Lee for corners and i wouldnt be surprised to see Hanson have a pop at goal if he gets the chance.

Given our recent form I don't really hold out much hope for a win in this one. Only three goals in the last eight games (and one of those was really an own goal) is worrying. Doncaster might be in a bit of a wobble. But our own form isn't all that great either.
Basically I hope, but don't expect much.

Another 0-0 draw is on the cards is my feeling, I would love to be proved wrong

1-0 brannagan with a penalty in an otherwise boring game with both teams struggling for confidence at the moment

Out of interest are the people dropping Agyei from their lineups doing it for rest/rotation reasons or because they don’t think he played well enough/will play well enough?

It’s a home game to try to get ourselves amongst it again.

Our form is very odd. It feels bad but draws are propping it up. There have been defeats but those have been our better performances. We can barely muster a goal any more and have no players left but still keep a tight defence.

If we have any serious ambitions for the playoffs it’s ugly games like this that need winning.

Out of interest are the people dropping Agyei from their lineups doing it for rest/rotation reasons or because they don’t think he played well enough/will play well enough?
I would imagine more trying to get Taylor back scoring.
Sykes put in 3 crosses on Saturday that would have been perfect for an on form Taylor

One thing with Agyei is his best work comes early, whether from the start or off the bench, before fading out. There was a stat here to that effect in one of the earlier match threads. So, effectively, we have to use this to its full advantage. If he starts = start fast. If he comes on after 45/60 = attack hard.

Not many games that look like a nailed on 0-0 will finish goalless. Also surely the law of averages means we’ve got to score tonight so I’m going for Taylor to start and score in a 2-0 win.

Still not convinced by Dan as a leading striker so I’d start Taylor and possibly even Dan, but wide.

Back
Top Bottom