Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Doncaster Rovers

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • A draw

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
0-0 with the ball spending at least 2/3rds of the playing time being passed in pretty patterns between midfield and centre backs. It’s almost hypnotic.

A midfield that chooses, for some inexplicable reason, to look only to the side or backwards, does rather hamper the chances of scoring against anything other than the dregs of L1.

I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over this season with this message, but things haven't really ever changed........

Our record against the eight teams above us this season - P13 W0 D6 L7
Our record agains the eight bottom teams - P11 W10 D0 L1
(for completeness sake, our record against the other seven teams in the middle of the pack......P9 W4 D2 L3)

Honestly, I found those stats barely believable because no team is ever that consistently good against the dross, and that consistently inept against the top sides (whilst being solid if unspectacular against the other midtable sides) - but we are in 2020-21.

But it goes without saying that we're not going to win the playoffs without beating anyone good (unless we're really expert at penalties).

Time to break the streak and beat Doncaster. We were the better side against them for large swathes of the game last month and they've lost their manager and been on a mostly bad run since.......
amazing stats Tony.
Mike Ford was on RO a few weeks ago saying that when at Oxford City (I think) they beat nobody in the top 5 until the play offs. They then of course went up!
I don't really care who we beat but we do need to start winning and so tomorrow is a very important in the context of the season.

Very sorry to hear about Forde, hope he is ok.

Hanson to right back then. You would imagine Gorrin (if fit), Brannigan and one of Kelly or Lee in midfield.

Since their 3-2 win over us, they have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 5. There won't have been a better time to play them.
Since their 3-2 win over us, we've barely scored a goal, and have nearly half of our 1st team out injured, so I'd imagine they're saying the exact same thing!

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Lee Brannagan
Sykes Agyei Barker

SUBS: Taylor, Shodipo, Kelly, Hall, Chamber-Parillon, Grayson, Eastwood

ATTACK!! ATTACK!! ATTACK!!
GOALS!
GOALS!
GOALS!

Stevens
Gorrin
Lee Brannagan
Sykes Agyei Barker

GOALS!
GOALS!
GOALS!

Pretty close team I would think . Maybe Taylor for Agyei ( if Sykes can get in the crosses he did at the start of the Hull game Taylor should get on the end of one)
Oh and win, win, win!! 1 0 would be fine

So, same 18 as for Hull except forde out and I presume LCP coming in.
Brannigan, gorrin, lee, shodipo all with knocks too, so little room for too much strategic subtlety and more just getting XI fit blokes out there and then slot them into the standard 433

Good luck with that Robbo

I'm going to use my annual "this game is a must win" voucher. If we don't make this one the playoffs are off.

Stevens
Gorrin
Lee Brannagan
Sykes Agyei Barker

GOALS!
GOALS!
GOALS!

It’s good to see it written out, im pleased that we actually have enough players left to fill out a match day squad . That’s a decent team

It’s good to see it written out, im pleased that we actually have enough players left to fill out a match day squad . That’s a decent team
If gorrin, brannigan and lee are actually fit enough to justify being on the pitch 😕

Stevens
Kelly Gorrin Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Lee

Subs: Eastwood, Grayson, LCP, Hall, Barker, Shodipo, Aygei

Win, Doncaster are going down the pan. Manager gone plus their best player, Whiteman.

Saturday will be tougher .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom