Current Player #28 Stephan Negru

It's quite difficult to gauge how they have come up with the list. Obviously they haven't been watching us live, Brannagan has been below expectations for most of the past 12 months.

And Longy, err no.
I agree about Brannagan, apart from the last half dozen or so games. I think he's back to his best simply because he's now allowed to do what he's good at, instead of busting a gut to keep a sinking ship afloat.

Staggering that Marcus McGuane isn't on there.
I made this argument when people said Long must have played well against Carlisle because he was in team of the week. Whoscored have a weird algorithm for working out player ratings and it can't be trusted. Last time I looked I think McGuane was something like the 53rd best central midfielder in the league this season. It's a nonsense.

I made this argument when people said Long must have played well against Carlisle because he was in team of the week. Whoscored have a weird algorithm for working out player ratings and it can't be trusted. Last time I looked I think McGuane was something like the 53rd best central midfielder in the league this season. It's a nonsense.
But it's science. Algorhythms
[edit] my spelling is normally good but i can never get that one

I suspect their Al Gore Rhythm is pretty sophisticated, it's more a case that it misses certain data points. It probably relies heavily on things like clearances (Aimson has the most in the league, and he plays in the middle of a 3 so this will favour that stat) but totally disregards things like progressive carries (which McGuane is well good at).

As it so happens Aimson is also the second most fouled player in League 1 this season. That probably helps his rating.

Any guesses who the number 1 most fouled is so far? I'll give you all a clue, he plays for us.

What a team we will have available by Valentine's Day........
Assuming nobody else falls over their shoelaces before then.

We are blighted and have been for years. But it is a squad game and this is why the clubs with an embarrassment of riches - supposedly ‘blocking’ the pathway of young players like Goodrham and O’Donkor - get out of this division while we don’t.

Injuries are obviously never helpful.

They’re even worse when you know you’re going to be without five players all of whom would be in the first team squad, with four of them being possible starters, over the busy Christmas period.

We'll be recalling Stuart Findlay at this rate. I forgot he existed until he did a superb block on a Celtic player.

• React
Reactions: Ian
GGjd1b3XEAABRj6
Thought Stephan did well at Wycombe yesterday.

GGjd1b3XEAABRj6
Thought Stephan did well at Wycombe yesterday.
IMO he is one of biggest assets in so much as resale value along with TG.
He has excellent potential and will only get better.
For me he is the long term replacement for Moore. Still needs to get better with his feet but is a no nonsense defender. The only question mark is the amount of injury set backs he gets.

Thought he was solid defensively but lacks the ball playing abilities atm… too often he was looking for a long ball and it was either way over the STs head or falling massively short or wide of the target…

Can’t knock him defensively though, superb!

Think I’m the long run that’s what may keep him here kong that McNally, Dickie and Atkinson they could all play football a lot better

Thought he was solid defensively but lacks the ball playing abilities atm… too often he was looking for a long ball and it was either way over the STs head or falling massively short or wide of the target…

Think I’m the long run that’s what may keep him here kong that McNally, Dickie and Atkinson they could all play football a lot better
He is an old school centre back who likes to kick it and head it and that’s actually rare in today’s game but I also think that he suits a Des team.

To be fair to him, during that first half there was absolutely zero movement ahead of him. Nobody moving into space and demanding the ball which CBs love. I don't think we can judge his ball playing ability on that game against Wycombe. We know he has the ability to bring the ball out and play, he did it earlier in the season. He also played a sublime ball to Murphy for the first goal against Reading when playing RB. However, he also made a mistake in the second half against them which may have knocked his confidence.

Negru is a quality centre half. Hope he gets a chance as he is too good for the bench

Back
Top Bottom