Away Match Day Thread 27/04/2024: L1 - Exeter City v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Barnsley will win, Lincoln will draw and wait for itโ€ฆwe will also draw making it a very very frustrating afternoon.

I think Barnsley will win, Lincoln will draw and wait for itโ€ฆwe will also draw making it a very very frustrating afternoon.

I, too, think thatโ€™s the most likely outcome. Certainly if I was a betting man that would be where my money was going on all three results. I do have a feeling Lincoln wonโ€™t win, itโ€™s just nagging away at me that we wonโ€™t win too. If we are to fail then I hope Barnsley and Lincoln both win 5-0. The worst possible outcome would be for us to fail to do our bit and one of the others to drop points.

Mrs L and I are going to miss the 10:37, will have to get the 11:37 instead. Nothing serious just not 100% - might be something we both ate yesterday.

Do or die todayโ€ฆand even our best may not be enough.
Elsewhereโ€™s matches are Irrelevant if we fail to beat Exeter.
We just concentrate on the one thing we can control and the rest can look after itself.
COYY.

I really hope we are brave and come out swinging early today. Getting an early goal would make the atmosphere very interesting at Barnsley, and put a bit of a squeeze on Lincoln too.

Flying out of the traps like the Derby home game (and btw, weโ€™re much better and more-resourced since then, whilst Exeter are not at DCFCโ€™s level) would really get the nerves jangling at the other grounds and maybe start making funny things happen.

Just arrived in Exeter. Iโ€™ve been struggling with illness all week so actually just glad to have made the game. It not being in our hands strangely makes me less nervous. Iโ€™m feeling quite calm. I hope we win to do our bit (but fear a draw maybe our limit after we looked to have completely run out of steam in the Exeter/Stevenage games).

COYY! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™

I had been praying last week that Pompy would beat Wigan, going for that 100 points would have been massive today for them, but I still hope Mous will do it for us, we just need to get it right in front of goal, ours and theirs

I know itโ€™s picky, but to me it doesnโ€™t really matter how slightly he might have meant it, I just believe we should be only thinking about winning the game regardless of events elsewhere. The psychology of โ€˜a draw might doโ€™ makes us very vulnerable. Apart from anything else a win could get us 5th rather than 6th so itโ€™s well worth just concentrating on maximum points.

Reading into something that wasn't there! But I guess we're all wired differently!

is the team news out yet? Kick off is in an hour

Sam Long misses out with illness, Elliott Moore replaces him. Also Bennett starting left back and Leigh on the bench.

The nerves are unbelievable. Now is the time to show we are not the ultimate bottlers.

We do our part and itโ€™s in the lap of the gods.

Come. On!

Back
Top Bottom