Status
Not open for further replies.
Formation change to (3-4-3)

Stevens
Golding Moore Brown
Long Gorrin Bate Seddon
Jones Browne Goodrham

Subs: McGinty/Eastwood, Findlay, Brannagan, McGuane, Henry, Murphy, Taylor​

I'd give McGinty a start in this game we know what they other 2 can do so would be good to see what's he's like

• React
Reactions: MJB
Formation change to (3-4-3)

Stevens
Golding Moore Brown
Long Gorrin Bate Seddon
Jones Browne Goodrham

Subs: McGinty/Eastwood, Findlay, Brannagan, McGuane, Henry, Murphy, Taylor​
That side would probably win quite a few League One games!

The other side of that is what does that do for Stevens confidence?
For me #1 this season is between Stevens and Eastwood so they both needs to be at 100% I would use McGinty in the cups that way if the other two aren't on top form he can come in unless he's also not doing very well.

For me #1 this season is between Stevens and Eastwood so they both needs to be at 100% I would use McGinty in the cups that way if the other two aren't on top form he can come in unless he's also not doing very well.

But doesn't Stevens need to play to get some form/confidence if he is competing for the #1?

But doesn't Stevens need to play to get some form/confidence if he is competing for the #1?
So what's the plan with McGinty we've got 3 top keepers are we going to sell one maybe send one out on loan

With the keepers I think we'll look to keep all three until January if the squad limits allow. McGinty has huge promise and I have no doubt that he'd be able to compete with Easty and Stevens, but may benefit from being able to settle in for a little longer.

With the keepers I think we'll look to keep all three until January if the squad limits allow. McGinty has huge promise and I have no doubt that he'd be able to compete with Easty and Stevens, but may benefit from being able to settle in for a little longer.

I think squad limits allow it - someone posted the current squad cap language a couple of weeks back, and it clearly says that all keepers (not just 2) are exempt from the cap.

But whilst I would agree that a bit of a settling-in period would be best for McGinty (worked for McNally, for sure!)......surely he would be capable of being our bench keeper? He's got first team experience behind him at arguably a higher level than Stevens did two years ago!

Plus, if Easty has re-established himself as our #1 (at least until McGinty is ready to go) - and after his performance in the first two games, I have to think that's the case - what's the benefit for Jack in sitting on the bench watching? He's still young for a keeper, but he's going to stagnate if he doesn't play at all. I would have thought a loan to a League 2 or top conference club to try and help him rediscover his confidence (and rebuild his value) would be a good move for everyone?

I think squad limits allow it - someone posted the current squad cap language a couple of weeks back, and it clearly says that all keepers (not just 2) are exempt from the cap.

But whilst I would agree that a bit of a settling-in period would be best for McGinty (worked for McNally, for sure!)......surely he would be capable of being our bench keeper? He's got first team experience behind him at arguably a higher level than Stevens did two years ago!

Plus, if Easty has re-established himself as our #1 (at least until McGinty is ready to go) - and after his performance in the first two games, I have to think that's the case - what's the benefit for Jack in sitting on the bench watching? He's still young for a keeper, but he's going to stagnate if he doesn't play at all. I would have thought a loan to a League 2 or top conference club to try and help him rediscover his confidence (and rebuild his value) would be a good move for everyone?

I generally agree with all of what you post. However, I feel like Robinson is hoping to have as big a squad as possible to cover any injury issues. We had times over the last few seasons where we've been reliant on emergency loans or youth and having three no.1's would make us incredibly strong, but would take some managing to keep everyone happy.

Give a good account of ourselves I will be pleased, anything else is a bonus.

But we want to be playing these teams on a regular basis, so it would be nice to prove a point.

I know we will exit at some stage but come on win this game tomorrow and I'll take a nice Augustus afternoon on the banks of the Thames playing Fulham in the next round. But seriously as Leysboy states :- the playing and gauging of teams like the Swansea's of the Championship are argumentally the ideals and the targets of the next phase of the clubs top 30 plan.

Internally one hopes the club are systematically building towards this target and games like tomorrow are definitely a yardstick however KR dresses this match up. She knows y' know! Dresses and she are the operative words here...

I'm sure the board will be watching with interest tomorrow evening in the comparisons of status between the two clubs.

COYY'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom