09/08/2022 - Carabao Cup: OUFC v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
It's Match Day Evening

MOTM vote will appear at the top of the thread after the FT whistle.

REF WATCH

Sheffield official Thomas Bramall is in charge of tonight’s League Cup tie. Bramall was promoted to the Select Group 2 list of match officials last season.
His most recent OUFC game was the 2-1 home win against Charlton last August. Previous to that he refereed the 4-0 home win over Burton in May 2021.

In 2021-22 Bramall took charge of 33 matches, issuing 105 yellows cards and six reds.

PLAYED FOR BOTH

FH2JEayXwAEDItn

Includes Jeremy Charles, Joey Beauchamp, Andy Melville, Nick Cusack, Matt Bound, David Penney, Julian Alsop and Dean Saunders.

WE’VE MET U BEFORE

Sunday 30th April 1995

Swansea City ‘keeper Roger Freestone nets a pen. past U’s stopper Phil Whitehead

Karl saying he is going to make multiple changes suggests that we will field a slightly weakened side for this one.

Difficult one for the manager. Personally, as a fan, I am massively pro a cup run and would go as strong as is sensible. But with the squad the way it is I will certainly understand the thinking with a number of changes, and the opportunity for some to get more minutes. From the previews it does suggest we may make a few more changes than I would personally like- we have had some good runs in the league cup over the last few years with some memorable away trips.

Difficult one for the manager. Personally, as a fan, I am massively pro a cup run and would go as strong as is sensible. But with the squad the way it is I will certainly understand the thinking with a number of changes, and the opportunity for some to get more minutes. From the previews it does suggest we may make a few more changes than I would personally like- we have had some good runs in the league cup over the last few years with some memorable away trips.
Suspect it will still be a pretty strong side

Any reason why the league cup isn’t available to stream on iFollow?

I thought being an EFL competition it would be.

Think Goodhram will start tonight, and fully deserved if he does too.

I suspect their fans will be saying much the same. They also have a thin squad so I would expect a strong line up.
Isn’t the point of having a thick (or full) squad that you can have a strong lineup, even when you rotate for the cups?

Because if so, by that logic teams have a strong lineup both when you have a thick squad and a thin squad…?!

Isn’t the point of having a thick (or full) squad that you can have a strong lineup, even when you rotate for the cups?

Because if so, by that logic teams have a strong lineup both when you have a thick squad and a thin squad…?!
Perhaps but a fuller squad at least gives you the luxury of choice. Swansea look short of that. I’d expect them to field a decent team either way given their start in the league. They’ll see this as a low-pressure opportunity for the players to bed in so I think it’ll be a decent game

EFL Cup is not allowed due to the stupidity of the deal with Sky I believe.
Sky base their evening shows on LC nights around cutting to the goals as they happen
Annoying if it's your own team but a pretty good watch otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom