Votes: 53 76.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Northampton

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone want to exchange two family stand tickets for two behind the goal (south stand I think!)?

Last edited:
Most memorable game at their’s personally has to be 1985. Little did I know when travelling to Northampton that evening for the League Cup replay, that victory that night would be the start of something special (having nearly lost to them at the Manor). And I, subsequently, would be one of the few to be able to claim that I watched every game we played en-route to winning the Milk Cup (Villa being the only other away game)!

I’m not just saying this to try and put you down (as some of our fans do when saying they don’t care about Wycombe) but I genuinely didn’t even realise Northampton were in League One this year! (And I wouldn’t have expected you to care about us either). There are sides that are our rivals, like Swindon and to a lesser extent Reading, and then others that most Oxford fans don’t like, like Bristol Rovers, Wycombe, Portsmouth and Luton (as I’ve just seen @tonyw has pointed out) and we’ve played some of them many times recently. I don’t think most Oxford fans feel anything about Northampton so it’s strange that you think it’s in some way become a derby

Edit: Reading the Northampton forum, a load of their fans seem to hate us, with some saying they want to win more than any other game! How strange
Oxford are not on the radar for many Cobblers but the as you are just down/up the A43 the extra away support is bound to generate a some sort of rivalry, mainly with those that travel to away games.
I dont know what forum you are reading but your match thread on THE is mostly reminiscing about general old away games and I guess that's to fill the void. No-one really hates Ox fans, there's not much to hate as you are such a pleasant set and as you say, not feeling anything.

Oxford are not on the radar for many Cobblers but the as you are just down/up the A43 the extra away support is bound to generate a some sort of rivalry, mainly with those that travel to away games.
I dont know what forum you are reading but your match thread on THE is mostly reminiscing about general old away games and I guess that's to fill the void. No-one really hates Ox fans, there's not much to hate as you are such a pleasant set and as you say, not feeling anything.
Thank you for taking the time to register on our forum to tell us you don’t care about us. 😘

So you haven’t cared about us for 5 years. Well done.
I care about Oxford, you've been through some tough times, even falling out the league which must have been awful. I'm sure you have stabilised and will progress to lofty heights. Who are your owners now?

Following Derby's win yesterday (2-1 v Lincoln) they, Derby, are now above us on goal difference. We will have played a game more than them come Saturday evening so, all the more incentive to win and, win by a good margin. Looking forward to a fast moving game with lots of attacking football from us. Would make for a very welcome Christmas present!

Following Derby's win yesterday (2-1 v Lincoln) they, Derby, are now above us on goal difference. We will have played a game more than them come Saturday evening so, all the more incentive to win and, win by a good margin. Looking forward to a fast moving game with lots of attacking football from us. Would make for a very welcome Christmas present!
Why on earth did they play Thursday night?

I forgot Northampton got out of League 2. In many ways they feel like the quintessential League 2 club.

Swindon
Northampton
Hull
Dagenham and Redbridge
Bristol Rovers
Stevenage

These are the quintessential League 2 clubs. They might not all be there in reality right now, but they're all there in spirit.

I forgot Northampton got out of League 2. In many ways they feel like the quintessential League 2 club.

Swindon
Northampton
Hull
Dagenham and Redbridge
Bristol Rovers
Stevenage

These are the quintessential League 2 clubs. They might not all be there in reality right now, but they're all there in spirit.
Dont forget Rochdale.

Swindon
Northampton
Hull
Dagenham and Redbridge
Bristol Rovers
Stevenage

Yep Northampton are 100% a basement club.
And don’t forget Hartlepool.
Or Morecombe.
There's Reading, Aldershot, Bracknell.
You know I've got Didcot, Yateley you know...
Winnersh.

Swindon
Northampton
Hull
Dagenham and Redbridge
Bristol Rovers
Stevenage

York.

Swindon
Northampton
Hull
Dagenham and Redbridge
Bristol Rovers
Stevenage

Pfft. Not 'ull.

Darlington, Barrow, Workington, Monkey Hangers (already done), Whitehaven, Gatesheed, Grimsby, Crook Town, the Rapists and dear old Carlisle.

Most memorable game at their’s personally has to be 1985. Little did I know when travelling to Northampton that evening for the League Cup replay, that victory that night would be the start of something special (having nearly lost to them at the Manor). And I, subsequently, would be one of the few to be able to claim that I watched every game we played en-route to winning the Milk Cup (Villa being the only other away game)!
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom