• Northampton

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FROM THE ARCHIVES

A freezing Sixfields Stadium 2013

EHOmYJFWsAAbVku
Incredible that their fans managed to clear the pitch that day.

Can't go Saturday now had 2 tickets for sale,1 has sold,does anyone need a ticket, dm me if so thanks

Northampton seem to have a strong dislike of us, judging from their forum, bless em'.
Had a Quick Look at the hotel end forum and yes you’re right but I also noticed the amount who talk about trouble with other clubs in the past on the match day forum…..

This feels like a pretty big game. If we can pick up 6 points from this and Cambridge it puts us in a really good position for a tough one against Derby.

I feel far more confident of breaking teams like this down away from home with RR playing but it will still be a test.

Start with the same side that played Burton! Looking forward to it

Jingle bells..

Looking forward to the game? After our shaky start to the season our recent form means I'm confident we'll get 3 points from a stuttering Oxford.

Do you see this as more of a ‘rivalry’ type game than any other? If so, can you explain why?
I think its crept up a bit. We are only about 45 miles apart and both our traditional rivals, your Swindon and our Pish, haven't happened much lately for various reasons. We are studiously ignoring MK and I heard your game aganst Reading was the first for many years. So it's become a rivalry of convenience and let's be honest there's been some pretty entertaining games recently.

Anyone driving to the game might be interested to hear that the car park at Duston Mill will be open. (last quoted price - £4.00)
Thanks for the update from Wendy, SLO @ NTFC.

I think its crept up a bit. We are only about 45 miles apart and both our traditional rivals, your Swindon and our Pish, haven't happened much lately for various reasons. We are studiously ignoring MK and I heard your game aganst Reading was the first for many years. So it's become a rivalry of convenience and let's be honest there's been some pretty entertaining games recently.

If you take out the game where we thrashed you almost exactly three years ago, Oxford have scored two goals in the last eight league games against Northampton. In no way is that entertaining!

Anyways in the 'games with an edge' rankings, there's no way that Northampton cracks the top five for us. Scum first obviously, then Reading, then probably (in some order) Rovers, Pompey, Wycombe & Luton.

If you take out the game where we thrashed you almost exactly three years ago, Oxford have scored two goals in the last eight league games against Northampton. In no way is that entertaining!

Anyways in the 'games with an edge' rankings, there's no way that Northampton cracks the top five for us. Scum first obviously, then Reading, then probably (in some order) Rovers, Pompey, Wycombe & Luton.
We have a pretty decent record against you so perhaps that's why I regards them as more entertaining. I can hardly remember the 4-0 (thankfully) and I guess it's because of the COVID restrictions at the time. There certainly were some strange results around in those days.
We are not exactly up in arms against Oxford at present but I guess the Wilder thing, where we launched his career and taking Thomas and Bower when you could have done with their expertise has added some spice to the luke warm dish.

I’m not just saying this to try and put you down (as some of our fans do when saying they don’t care about Wycombe) but I genuinely didn’t even realise Northampton were in League One this year! (And I wouldn’t have expected you to care about us either). There are sides that are our rivals, like Swindon and to a lesser extent Reading, and then others that most Oxford fans don’t like, like Bristol Rovers, Wycombe, Portsmouth and Luton (as I’ve just seen @tonyw has pointed out) and we’ve played some of them many times recently. I don’t think most Oxford fans feel anything about Northampton so it’s strange that you think it’s in some way become a derby

Edit: Reading the Northampton forum, a load of their fans seem to hate us, with some saying they want to win more than any other game! How strange

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom