Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murphy and wildshut were not gambles but they have been managed badly after not having a pre season. Wildshut was thrown into a game having just flown in. And Murphy clearly should not have started against Cambridge and his minutes should have been built up. We have not learnt anything after doing the same with browne v Pompey last season. He wasn’t ready, started a game and then played too long

Murphy and wildshut were not gambles but they have been managed badly after not having a pre season. Wildshut was thrown into a game having just flown in. And Murphy clearly should not have started against Cambridge and his minutes should have been built up. We have not learnt anything after doing the same with browne v Pompey last season. He wasn’t ready, started a game and then played too long
Exactly this.

Not sure why people can't separate injuries?
Murphy = bad luck
Baldock = calculated risk
Wildschut = bad luck

Normally I would agree that Robinson does take too many risks regarding signing fragile players like Baldock, Jones & Bodin. But only one of those is currently injured. Every season you get injuries and the majority of them are bad luck.

Robinson isn't to blame for everything. Life/OUFC isn't that simple.
I think signing players who haven’t been playing regularly can be a risk, but Murphy was an 11m player and if he’d been playing we couldn’t have afforded him. There are certainly some here who just love it when anything goes wrong

What I would say about these injuries are, have they had a full pre season.?
They certainly weren’t at the training camp putting the hard hours in, it’s a bit unfair to ask them to come and play in games when their fitness levels aren’t where they should be.
Asking for trouble

Wildschut played international football this summer according to his interviews.

That means no then!
Well let's just say my source told me the real reason why EB dropped the sponsorship and at first I thought it was piffle, but looking into it for myself, they're right. Then my source told me yesterday that Murphy might be out for a bit, then today told me 3 months.
I'm interested in seeing if they're correct. They do have a connection to the club I know of.

If that's true regarding Murphy gosh we've had some s**t luck .. baldock.. wildschut.. Murphy who next I dread to think
We signed two players, who were not fit, and both, in their first game, get injured.

And we sign a permanent striker, with an awful injury record, and he’s been injured pretty much the whole time he’s been here.

To answer your question as to who will be injured next, it will probably be the player we signed who is so injury prone, he hasn’t started a professional league game in 5 years.

It’s not s**t luck, it’s naive recruitment.

Well let's just say my source told me the real reason why EB dropped the sponsorship and at first I thought it was piffle, but looking into it for myself, they're right. Then my source told me yesterday that Murphy might be out for a bit, then today told me 3 months.
I'm interested in seeing if they're correct. They do have a connection to the club I know of.
So what was the real reason for EB pulling out?

Except… neither Yanic or Murphy were a risk?
Murphy barely kicked a ball last season for reasons which are unknown to me, but all is clearly not well for him to be with us. He is a risky signing. Yanic hasn’t played at this level for several seasons, he is also a risk.

Baldock and Jones have had several seasons where serial injuries have robbed them of playing time. Risky? Yes, at least to me. Worth it? Time will tell.

That’s four of this season’s recruits, each carrying a level of risk that is higher than normal. Keep doing it, as we tend to do, and it is going to burn eventually.

Under 23 (or under 21) short term loan would be my guess.

Murphy & Wildschut if both cleared for the minutes they played were bad luck. Sam Baldock is different though.

I am now very worried that we also have Jones & Bodin.

By short term loan do you mean to January?

Erm why did EB pull out then? Because ‘Karl is a gobshite’?

Maybe this is why KR said he’s not after any more strikers as that spot is now going to a winger?

Exactly what i was about to post. That’s is exactly the point. If they had a full pre season and played in friendlies or even early league games then fine, it is bad luck, but when not had adequate minutes and build up on training ground etc… then it’s mismanagement somewhere in the camp!

A one off fair enough but when it’s time and time again the cumulative odds are huge and there is something not right.

Yes it gives youngsters a chance now, but we could have done that without throwing hundreds of thousands of pounds away on long term muscular injuries that are surely unavoidable if these players have no history of such problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom