Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's good but there are a lot of class players out there . But if we have the money and he wants to stay go on then. But let's hope there's more money for a cracking squad because that's what we need . In Karl and the board I definitely believe ism sure we have still got some great players Coming in. Looking forward to a happy Friday.

No way. Starting line up will probably be as strong as we’ve ever had if you bother to think about the quality up front and the experience we’ve now got at centreback.

The hysteria on this forum over the summer has created a really sour atmosphere and the handful of people who have egged it on because of some personal dislike of KR or grievance against the world have not this club any favours.

GK - we have 3 backups, no obvious first choice

RB - we have no fit RBs
CB - we are relatively strong in this area, although at least one short. We've tended to be quite strong in this area in recent years though
LB - we have one out of form / lacking confidence that was dropped for most of the second half of last season

CDM - we have Gorrin (a player that I really like), returning from possibly the worst sporting injury there is and McGuane, coming off the back of a disappointing season and completely untested in this position

CM - Smyth is very promising and I personally hope we don't loan him out. Henry is, IMO, well past his best and a good squad player at best. Bodin is a superbly talented player but his fitness is still a huge question mark and, even when fit, he does have a tendency to drift in and out of games. That's it, I think?

Wingers - Browne is an undoubted talent but his injury record in recent years has to be a concern. If he can stay fit he's one of the best in the league. Murphy, if his heart is in it, could be even better. Nonetheless, one injury to either of those two and we're in trouble.

ST - we have one fit striker.

It's not hysteria. Most posters on here have actually been quite balanced. There's been 4 or 5 that have been critical throughout the window, but they're a vocal minority. Now though, we're going into the season with a worryingly thin and unbalanced squad and, understandably, previously patient posters (including myself) are starting to ask some serious questions.

After skipping 30 pages of despair with Brannighan going (best of luck to him btw), let's get this into context. Let's not write the season off before it starts eh? Goodness knows what some comments would've been like if there was a forum when we sold Aldridge, Houghton, Elliot and Joey! These were serious high level talent!

Get a grip guys, I know the timing is not great but don't use this as an execuse to put the boot into KR eh?

Let's just see who he brings in, and as we've brought in Murphy, we've got the clout to bring in talent!

Back the team, KR, and bring on Derby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom