Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being ultra positive here...

We are very good at investing money. An extra £1m-£1.5m will allow us to bring in new talent that will be on long term contracts. CB was always likley to leave at some stage. Timing is awful, but we still have a month of the window left, and plenty of time to bring in replacements. It's bad news for Saturday, but a real opportunity for the season.
They have had over 3 weeks to take him if they want him club is getting rolled over again and allowing too also and 2 days till Derby complete joke 🙄

They have had over 3 weeks to take him if they want him club is getting rolled over again and allowing too also and 2 days till Derby complete joke 🙄
There's a release clause mate. I don't know what else we could have done? The most important thing is having contingent plans in place. That's where we need to judge the club.

Hopefully we can get Lewis Bate as a replacement. I honestly wish Cam all the best. He deserves his chance and we've kept him longer than I thought we would have.

Gutted to see him go though.

Lewis Bate is not a replacement for Cam Bran. Sorry. Just isn't.

I may be still in shock but it needs to be a Panutche style replacement - big bid to lure him away from Plymouth. Maybe plenty enough in the pot for Luongo too (though a different type of player).

We can't replace our most important player with a kid on loan (however highly rated he may be). I'm sorry we just can't.

Absolutely stunned. F**king Blackpool too - easier to stomach if it was a big club (or at least bigger than us).

So it looks like the bid only materialised today which would mean that Cam hasn't agreed personal terms as yet - chance he could still turn out for us on Saturday....
Listening to podcasts / journos' club's don't make official offers to clubs without speaking to agents before (apparently normally by WhatsApp), yes this is technically tapping up but it happens.
I would expect this to go through.

Mcguane & Smyth? Gorrin for 60 minutes and then bring Smyth on? Just two of the options available.

Gorrin hasn’t played a competitive game since last November, massive risk chucking him in to start.

McGuane, Henry, Smyth for me, need an older head with the two younger ones.

Can’t actually see Smyth going out on loan as people were only saying yesterday now, need him.

Gorrin hasn’t played a competitive game since last November, massive risk chucking him in to start.

McGuane, Henry, Smyth for me, need an older head with the two younger ones.

Can’t actually see Smyth going out on loan as people were only saying yesterday now, need him.
It has really stumped us for Saturday. Was shaping up for a 4231 with McGuane and Cam bringing tonnes of energy in the two. Was looking forward to them swarming over their big bucks midfield actually.

Now what? Henry and Gorrin aren’t really mobile enough for that system so either way, moves everyone back. Or we go to a 3 and Bodin’s maybe benched.

I know it’s just one game, but it shows how vital it is that we replace Brannagan like for like.

Smyth, McGuane and Henry on Saturday for me, assuming Gorrin isn't ready. Experience to help two youngsters step up. Not ideal but needs must.

3 or 4 signings before Saturday?! You've seen the OUFC transfer machine in action right?

Horrifically slow when it comes to getting people in..weirdly never seems to have the same problem getting people out for cash. Funny that.
Totally agree seems when they are going out thay are as Faster than an inter city

Cam bran going does not shock me at all. I always believed that he would leave in this transfer window. I can’t believe that KR has not signed a midfielder in this transfer window knowing that there was a very good chance that he would be leaving. He deserves to play at a higher level, been fantastic for us since he signed, good luck to him!

Lewis Bate is not a replacement for Cam Bran. Sorry. Just isn't.

I may be still in shock but it needs to be a Panutche style replacement - big bid to lure him away from Plymouth. Maybe plenty enough in the pot for Luongo too (though a different type of player).

We can't replace our most important player with a kid on loan (however highly rated he may be). I'm sorry we just can't.

Absolutely stunned. F**king Blackpool too - easier to stomach if it was a big club (or at least bigger than us).
How can you say that when not one of us have seen him kick a ball in earnest. To be honest I don't think there's many that could come in that we would immediately declare as the 'ideal replacement' - he's been the heartbeat of the team for years. Camara was exceptional and I'd take him all day but, again, why's he still at Plymouth? Something is amiss.

You may be proven right and I'm not bashing your view, I would just keep an open mind. This is a real sucker punch for our club but it is not the end of our season, particularly with 34 days of the window to go. We've got the money and board no longer afraid to use it. We have a very good recruitment record and recent signings suggest we know what we have to do now so just have a little faith, everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom