Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Smyth is going out on loan, then I'd like to see us go for more of an enforcer in the middle of the pitch. I really rate McGuane but I'm not convinced he's the guy for that defensive midfielder role. It's all very well and good him picking the ball up there and carrying it forward when we're home against bottom half of the table who want to sit deep all game, but I'm not sure he's the guy for next season's equivalent of Rotherham etc.

Assuming Smyth is going out on loan, then I'd like to see us go for more of an enforcer in the middle of the pitch. I really rate McGuane but I'm not convinced he's the guy for that defensive midfielder role. It's all very well and good him picking the ball up there and carrying it forward when we're home against bottom half of the table who want to sit deep all game, but I'm not sure he's the guy for next season's equivalent of Rotherham etc.
Yep. It's Herbie Kane all over again.

Lewis Bate.

What about him?

From all of the names we have been linked with, Bate is exactly the type of player that you suggest we need!

Also, is Smyth going out on loan? Looked decent in pre-season. As we saw with Cooper, a loan doesn’t always work in their best interests. I’d be surprised if we let him go out on loan.

Lewis Bate.
According to my Leeds mate Lewis Bate is technically excellent but he’s not that shield / enforcer type. He really rates him but says he is a bit lightweight, is 5ft 6 and it’s the physical side of the game he needs to develop..

If we sign him I can’t see him playing the Gorrin role.

From all of the names we have been linked with, Bate is exactly the type of player that you suggest we need!

Also, is Smyth going out on loan? Looked decent in pre-season. As we saw with Cooper, a loan doesn’t always work in their best interests. I’d be surprised if we let him go out on loan.
You think Bate is a midfield enforcer? The type of guy to go snapping round challenges and drag us through those tricky moments against organised, direct and physical opposition?

UTO said that was the plan, according to his/her understanding.

If we do move towards 4231 - which makes perfect sense with Browne and Bodin in the squad who can make it work - then you need midfielders in the two that can cover ground. Can see the logic to having McGuane in there to stop us getting overrun. Got all the physical attributes and looks after the ball well under pressure.

Love to see him back here

He was the absolute definition of a league above when he featured for us. We had a very weak and disjointed team at the time yet he brought true quality and stability. Unless he's had a decline in recent years, I can only see him remaining in the Championship. If we landed someone of his caliber right now, it would solve a lot of problems.

According to the Athletic’s guide to transferspeak, there are 22 separate stages to a transfer, each with its own name.
However there is no mention anywhere about the most important part of the transfer saga as shown by this forum ….. what the fans think!
Or what fans think is involved in transfers🤔

He was the absolute definition of a league above when he featured for us. We had a very weak and disjointed team at the time yet he brought true quality and stability. Unless he's had a decline in recent years, I can only see him remaining in the Championship. If we landed someone of his caliber right now, it would solve a lot of problems.
Could definitely get him if there are no Championship takers
There has been some sort of upset at Coventry so it might be possible to get him on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom