Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, that 11 would beat over half of teams in this division and give the rest a run for their money.
It is of course well short of where we hoped or thought we would be...or indeed where we need to be.
It is also obviously not play-off standard.
With a few additions, life will still be good this season...
I agree, not awful, but not ideal. I do think we've lost some personnel for 433 and I imagine if Baldock/Long were fit, we would line up differently. Browne the only one offering any real pace...

I've been away from the forum more and more in recent weeks so haven't dipped into this thread, has any of you lot actually died at rage at the lack of signings yet?

So who from the current squad would we add to tonight’s STARTING outfield 10 that will form part of the 22?
Baldock (where is he by the way tonight?)
Long
Forde
Smyth
Mous (maybe, possibly or probably?)

Unless I’ve missed anyone we are 7 or 8 short as things stand?

Not trying to create any negativity here but a genuine view as to where we are in real terms.

KR says we need 6.

Findlay, Jones, Sinclair...
If that’s in anyway true then we really are in trouble and the big budget promise a total fabrication!

Perhaps he means 6 perms and a few loans and we discard Sinclair and Mous from the numbers?

You are allowed 5 loans and we are always close to that, so I can’t see more than 3 permanents coming in now.

If we go into the Derby Away with that back 4 I expect another opening day at Barnsley Away 4-0 drubbing to be on the cards again (Long being 50/50 for Derby & Findlay a week or possibly more coming over to sign)
Derby are nothing to be afraid of. Hourihane etc are names but give me Brannagan over him all day long. Even if we kicked off tomorrow we have a much more settled squad than them and their players will need time to find their feet because this league is not a doss. The only thing really going for them will be the sell out crowd. We should go in to that game full of confidence. It’s not an easy 3 points by any stretch but we should be going there thinking we have every chance.

weve got room for 7 until we reach the squad limit and that includes Moushinho, so 8 without him. I cant see any team wanting less players than squad cap allows.

Depends if players have to be registered because of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom