Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't someone say we pulled out of the Norwood deal?

Didn't someone say we pulled out of the Norwood deal?
This is all part of the transfer dance! Deals will fall through and others that we expected weren't on will become available. Clearly were being (or having to be in some cases) very patient.

What's clear is that we do have money to spend, and that we have a clear idea as to what kind of players we want.

It'll come together.

This thread is 332 pages long and is inundated with rumours...

These "rumours and speculations" are signing for other clubs...

Besides a select few on here, do any of us actually know if these are players that we were after?
Or are they just players that us fans have decided we should be looking at?

I'm thinking of players like Cadden, Burns, Norwood etc...

I've been touting Nicky Cadden since the war so it's disappointing to miss out on him, but I think our best chance was last summer when a deal was almost dine before he decided to stay and run down his contract at FGR.

The 3 at the back system allowed us to play Taylor and Baldock together which was sensational at times, but no less chaotic at the back at times. And as good as Cadden would have been, we would likely have seen the same vulnerabilities with balls being played behind us as we had with Seddon.

I'll wait and see who we bring in at left back before I criticise missing out on Cadden.

For the first month after the season ended, we heard rumours of being front runners for the Cadden signature, and maybe playing a back five next season.

We then hear we're overtaken as favourites to get him, and Burnley are bidding for McNally. And the soundbites are of us playing last year's 4 at the back with wingers.

I do wonder if we've had to do a bit of pivoting to new targets off the back of those losses.

Does this now mean all the ITK that has been coming out for the last couple of years about Nicky Cadden be put to rest ffs

For the first month after the season ended, we heard rumours of being front runners for the Cadden signature, and maybe playing a back five next season.

We then hear we're overtaken as favourites to get him, and Burnley are bidding for McNally. And the soundbites are of us playing last year's 4 at the back with wingers.

I do wonder if we've had to do a bit of pivoting to new targets off the back of those losses.
Plan b will soon be coming into force as plan A are going elsewhere.

I think we need some new rumours!

Josh Martin Norwich LW
Conor Coventry West Ham DM
Luke Chambers Liverpool LB
Matt Smith Arsenal CM
Elliot Anderson Newcastle AM
Callum Wright Leicester CM

Losing McNally was the big change. With his ability to walk the ball out if the defence we could play a three whilst also having someone who could direct play from the back. The fact that he went for a few quid shows that there aren't many like him around and it probably make sense to plan for a back 4 instead. That doesn't necessarily mean that we won't still have attacking fullbacks like we had with Ruffels and Long a couple of seasons ago, but being more solid isn't a bad thing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom