Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, on the other hand, DO think it is important that any new players are with their new team mates for as long as possible before the season starts especially for those who will be first team starters. I think that players can start to anticipate what their team mates will do, learn the patterns of play, understand other people's strengths and weaknesses. It is, after all, a team game and I think a team is (or at least should be) the way the players combine and certainly should be greater than the sum of its individual parts.

Don't get me started about signing players a month into the season...

And we, for the most part, have a squad that has played regularly together for 3 years, so the newcomers should settle more quickly.

No club is going to be fully complete by the start of the season, it's just coming round too quick this year.

Would you prefer a 6/10 player in the door now, or an 8/10 player in two weeks time?

And we, for the most part, have a squad that has played regularly together for 3 years, so the newcomers should settle more quickly.

No club is going to be fully complete by the start of the season, it's just coming round too quick this year.

Would you prefer a 6/10 player in the door now, or an 8/10 player in two weeks time?
Yes, I agree that many of the players have been with us a while - and that will certainly help team cohesiveness. I didn't say that all the new players *must* be with us for *all* of preseason - but I still think it is *important* that as many of them as possible are with us for as long as possible before the season starts.

As to your question - I'd actually prefer a 10/10 player (or 6) right now! ;)

Sorry, but there appears to be an error with this comment. You are concerned about multiple things, yet seem to be telling everyone else they can't be concerned with multiple things, such as OUFC transfers AND the cost of living crisis.

Is that what I said? I don’t think so.

My point was, and remains: Why are you all getting your tits in a twist about a transfer window that has only just begun? Throwing shite at KR and the club, because they’re not moving at a pace which suits you. The people at the club are professionals. You are on a forum, waxing lyrical about things that 99% of us, have no clue about. There are plenty of things to be concerned about in life, so forgive me for not having a tantrum, because we haven’t signed a player in a week…

If it’s so easy to get transfers over the line, I’m sure KR would love to hear your professional advice, given your experience in the game..

I’m concerned about the cost of living crisis, the Tory government stripping away our human-rights, and everything else that is going on right now…

Am I concerned about professionals doing their job, which is to better this football club? Absolutely not, and why would I be? Time will tell, but it’s not like we are in a bad place to begin with. I think a bit of perspective is needed..

It’s the same few, chatting the same poo. It’s boring to read, and even more boring to engage with.
I wondered where the weird superiority complex came from, sounds like you're one of those crazy #FBPE twitter types so it makes sense.

It's a football forum, we all have different opinions. If we all had the same opinion on everything what would be the point in the discussion?

My point was, and remains: Why are you all getting your tits in a twist about a transfer window that has only just begun? Throwing shite at KR and the club, because they’re not moving at a pace which suits you. The people at the club are professionals. You are on a forum, waxing lyrical about things that 99% of us, have no clue about.

If it’s so easy to get transfers over the line, I’m sure KR would love to hear your professional advice, given your experience in the game..
Most of us don't have a clue about the nature of players injuries either but we still discuss it... because its a football forum and its what we do.

Anyway, back on track... rumours seem scant recently. At least the friendly games might give us some trialists to stalk

Old person here - what is #FBPE?
I had to Google it myself, apparently something to do with Brexit, it stands for ‘follow back, Pro-European Union’, which firstly makes no sense to me as a phrase, and secondly means it should really be #FBPEU

@TransferCentre9 on Twitter is reporting that Wigan are extremely close to signing Marcus Browne for 300k. I think we can safely assume, that’s rubbish…[emoji2957]

If a player is any good then usually they would have a number of clubs after their signature.

If I were a selling club, or out of contract player, then I'd likely look to ride it out as long as possible in the hope of creating a 'bidding war' to get the best possible deal.

So it's possible that our main targets fall under this category and we may need to be a bit patient to try and get the men we want.

I'd probably be more concerned if we were picking up players with ease early doors that have seemingly had no interest from other clubs.

But regardless, this is somewhat of a moot point considering the transfer window has only recently opened and contracts run until 30th June.

After a day working with the dangerous, damaged and deranged, I thought I'd pop on here for a bit of chilled football chat.....

.....right, I'm going back in to the nick!!!

(PS - welcome aboard the Positive Bus @LeftSideBoy ! It never gets too busy and the journey is much nicer!!!)

My point was, and remains: Why are you all getting your tits in a twist about a transfer window that has only just begun? Throwing shite at KR and the club, because they’re not moving at a pace which suits you. The people at the club are professionals. You are on a forum, waxing lyrical about things that 99% of us, have no clue about. There are plenty of things to be concerned about in life, so forgive me for not having a tantrum, because we haven’t signed a player in a week…

I see some logic here. Wait and wait and wait and along comes Sam Baldock....and all for free. Let's wait and see. As you say, it is early days.

After a day working with the dangerous, damaged and deranged, I thought I'd pop on here for a bit of chilled football chat.....

.....right, I'm going back in to the nick!!!

(PS - welcome aboard the Positive Bus @LeftSideBoy ! It never gets too busy and the journey is much nicer!!!)

You've not noticed us clowning around at the back while you've been driving it for the last couple of seasons?

Maybe the ITKers of old are no longer ITKers and everything is being kept under wraps for fear of someone nicking all our marquees :unsure: :cool:
Have never claimed to be ITK but have sources within the club who I trust, and they are definitely making a conscious effort of releasing as little info as possible nowadays. Will probably be told before most when a signing is incoming but no idea of the names anymore, whereas before was told a few days in advance exactly who it was. Not sure if it's the same for resident ITK's on here, but can imagine 80% of it now is pure guess work

If I remember correctly (if I remember at all) we still have another 200 + postings on this topic if it matches last year, so I am quite relaxed........
Have we signed anybody yet ....goddammit !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom