League Two 2022/23 League 2 promotion

Grumpy Git

Currently Northampton winning 1-0 at Tranmere. Stockport drawing. If it finishes like this, they get automatic promotion.

I've only seen the second half but it's a bit boring I think Northampton will struggle in league one (on this showing)

Northampton missed out last season due to the freak result last year when Bristol Rovers won 7 nil (still think there was something a little dodgy about that!) so feel that they deserve to go up this year. Another close team and one that at least has a little atmosphere to replace the non-entities of MK.

Salford sneak play offs by +1 goal difference… Extra pointers - there’s your case! 😃

Salford sneak play offs by +1 goal difference… Extra pointers - there’s your case! 😃

Disappointing. Whilst I couldn't care less about Mansfield, it would have been nice to have a proper club in the play offs rather than Class of '92s hobby club.

Anyone except Salford from the play offs then.

Disappointing. Whilst I couldn't care less about Mansfield, it would have been nice to have a proper club in the play offs rather than Class of '92s hobby club.
I hope they stay there and get overtaken by Hollywood-run Wrexham. That’ll be fun.

So if they’d finished on 74 points they’d have got in the playoffs?! By means of their extra point for having a superior goal difference? 🙃

And all the promoted teams are close by.
Until the playoffs are over at least.

Your choice then is between proper northern (Stockport, Salford, Bradford) and ‘basically in Scotland’ northern (Carlisle).

Back
Top Bottom