League One Media outlet League 1 predictions 2022-23

unification

Just for a bit of fun and similar to the transfer thread, I thought it wise to find and put all the myriad of media in predictions in one place. They’re always fun to look back on at the end of the season to see how closely the ‘experts’ did in predicting the League.

Feel free to add any others you find.

I’ve added NTT20 Podcast’s predictions (made 25/07/2022) below.

1. Sheffield Wednesday
2. Ipswich Town
-------------
3. MK Dons
4. Peterborough United
5. Bolton Wanderers
6. Derby County
-------------
7. Barnsley
8. Oxford United
9. Wycombe Wanderers
10. Plymouth Argyle
11. Portsmouth
12. Charlton Athletic
13. Exeter City
14. Shrewsbury Town
15. Cambridge United
16. Fleetwood Town
17. Burton Albion
18. Bristol Rovers
19. Accrington Stanley
20. Morecambe
-------------
21. Cheltenham Town
22. Forest Green Rovers
23. Port Vale
24. Lincoln City

FourFourTwo (26/07/2022) have gone with:
(Link: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...twos-season-preview-and-predicted-final-table)

1. Sheffield Wednesday
2. Ipswich Town
-------------
3. MK Dons
4. Bolton Wanderers
5. Peterborough United
6. Barnsley
-------------
7. Portsmouth
8. Oxford United
9. Wycombe Wanderers
10. Plymouth Argyle
11. Charlton Athletic
12. Derby County
13. Lincoln City
14. Accrington Stanley
15. Cambridge United
16. Bristol Rovers
17. Burton Albion
18. Shrewsbury
19. Exeter City
20. Forest Green Rovers
-------------
21. Morecambe
22. Fleetwood Town
23. Port Vale
24. Cheltenham Town

Bit surprised by the Bolton love-in.

I know they were good in the second half of last season, but they seem to have just signed a bunch of kids over the summer? Decent pedigrees but very little experience at League One level. Far as I can tell, their only signing with any significant experience to this point is Jack Iredale.....and he's not exactly a signing to set the blood racing!

In terms of relegation I think it will be Burton,Lincoln, Morecambe and one of the promoted sides

This is Gab Sutton, pretty much an EFL guru.
He has Oxford in 14th.

If we had to play the full season with the current squad, his analysis would probably be fair.

Given that we've still more than a month of the transfer window left, to put us 14th purely on the basis of a lack of squad depth seems a bit premature.......

Surely if you're going to write these predictions right now, you've got to factor in the likelihood and ability of the clubs to make future signings?

If we had to play the full season with the current squad, his analysis would probably be fair.

Given that we've still more than a month of the transfer window left, to put us 14th purely on the basis of a lack of squad depth seems a bit premature.......

Surely if you're going to write these predictions right now, you've got to factor in the likelihood and ability of the clubs to make future signings?

Maybe he’s done just that with us 🤣

Very odd selections
Wednesday 7th, Fleetwood, Cambridge and FGR above us and Wycombe.
Derby 15th,
MK top and Plymouth second.

You never quite know but I would bet on this guys selections overall being one of the worst!

Have morecambe spent a lot of money recently?

No from the latest I saw and transfermarkt suggesting they've signed free transfers. Their fans were last complaining they were weaker iirc.

Connor Ripley could be a good signing if they can get his head sorted and his form back.

Seems strange that two so called experts have them as favourites for the league title.

My accumulator bets for this season
Promotion all e/w, 1/4 odds first 4 places for Championship, EFL1, ELF2
Championship: Luton, Middlesbrough
EFL1: Oxford, Sheffield Wed
EFL2: Stockport, Doncaster
ENL: Solihull, Wrexham

Relegation:
Championship: Reading
EFL1: Morecambe
EFL2: Stevenage, Crawley

My accumulator bets for this season
Promotion all e/w, 1/4 odds first 4 places for Championship, EFL1, ELF2
Championship: Luton, Middlesbrough
EFL1: Oxford, Sheffield Wed
EFL2: Stockport, Doncaster
ENL: Solihull, Wrexham

Relegation:
Championship: Reading
EFL1: Morecambe
EFL2: Stevenage, Crawley

Brave on Crawley unless they financially implode. I also suspect Fatty McCheat will be fine with Stevenage as well.

My predictions are
Championship - Burnley
League 1 - Peterborough
League 2 - Doncaster
All for promotion (not necessarily to win the league) - £6000 return if they all win their respective leagues though

Back
Top Bottom