General 19/09/2023 - OCC Cabinet Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
A leaseholder is simply someone that owns a lease

But a leasehold flat you purchase at cost say for instance £150k and then pay a yearly service charge on the building. It's not the same as renting a flat.

I was harping on about the leasehold vs freehold issue a week or so ago. I was concerned that the club could be hung out to dry for a second time, despite the current good intentions of the ownership group if a freehold arrangement had been agreed. Ultimately, a land owner will get what they want eventually and in the meantime, could make life extremely difficult for the tenant (sound familiar?).

I mentioned at the time that we require security of tenure on the new site, in perpetuity. If a leasehold agreement can be agreed at a favourable rent (peppercorn would be terrific), the football club will be without doubt, securing it's future.

Quite. Unless I'm mistaken the holder of the lease freeholder (i.e. owner of the leased property, ie the CC) would have to agree to any covenant being altered or removed whereas they couldn't prevent a covenant being changed if some other party owned the freehold of the property.

Edit: oops sorry. f*****g hell

Last edited:
Quite. Unless I'm mistaken the holder of the lease (the CC) would have to agree to any covenant being altered or removed whereas they couldn't prevent a covenant being changed if some other party held the lease.
Yes - although the "other party" would be the freeholder in those circumstances. Same concept though.

Encouraging that they are discussing the terms under which we will be offered the land rather than *whether* we will be. Also kudos to the councillors who are determined to get this done today rather than finding another reason to delay things.

This a bit concerning a rewording Liz Leffman said would take 5 mins could this be councillors changing and changing it to get what they want?

If you think this is painful, just wait until planning. It's going to be absolutely gruelling. 10 x worse.

Even if the club do everything the council ask, it could still be turned down because it's green belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom