General 19/09/2023 - OCC Cabinet Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leasehold will be the best option for everyone, stick us on a 250 year lease at peppercorn rent with the requirement that the land must be used for football. Sorts out the problem of Kassam 2.0 deciding to asset strip the club in future years. The stadium will in effect be owned by the community.
Absolutely this

Frustrating but if they're concerned with getting the wording right then it has to be positive, they want to vote yes just under the right terms. No issue with that, if they were telling us no then there's no need for this little break.
And to be fair, they are trying to give the club some certainty and allow them to go to planning rather than hold it up again.

How about the leasehold with a rent equivalent to twice what the fencing company are/were paying? They'll have retained the land, increased the income from it and protected the club.

Will a leasehold mean planning permission will be easier to obtain as OCC have a vested interest? No doubt a certain "environmental" group will have their objections

Whist we are having a break, Does anybody know what our friends at FoSB can do to try and derail this?
I assume that they wont lie down and take this?

in the background did anyone see the small gaggle of antis mustering with 'Chester V', McIvor and Robey holding court ? Middleton neutral ? myarse

I watched it back. IM was speaking with another white haired old fella (ten a penny of them today). Robey was to the side. McIvor was chatting with Mr CND.

Attachments

• Chester V and Old Dude.JPG
    Chester V and Old Dude.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 47
Whist we are having a break, Does anybody know what our friends at FoSB can do to try and derail this?
The further it proceeds, the more their options diminish.

I think legal action and opposing any planning permission applications are their only options now

OCC must get best value from the disposal of their land else we are in danger of giving those opposed to the stadium another legal route to explore.

Isn't a leasehold different to a lease?

I was harping on about the leasehold vs freehold issue a week or so ago. I was concerned that the club could be hung out to dry for a second time, despite the current good intentions of the ownership group if a freehold arrangement had been agreed. Ultimately, a land owner will get what they want eventually and in the meantime, could make life extremely difficult for the tenant (sound familiar?).

I mentioned at the time that we require security of tenure on the new site, in perpetuity. If a leasehold agreement can be agreed at a favourable rent (peppercorn would be terrific), the football club will be without doubt, securing it's future.

I was harping on about the leasehold vs freehold issue a week or so ago. I was concerned that the club could be hung out to dry for a second time, despite the current good intentions of the ownership group.

I mentioned at the time that we require security of tenure on the new site, in perpetuity. If a leasehold agreement can be agreed at a favourable rent (peppercorn would be terrific), the football club will be without doubt, securing it's future.
Don't know whether I can go through this again when it comes up for renewal in 250 years!

One thing I've been wondering throughout the course of the day is this:

Middleton -v- McWilliams

Who would win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom