Home Match Day Thread 19/04/2024: L1 - OUFC v Stevenage

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please please please NO β€œwe’re going to smash this one. 5-0” posts.
It will be tough. Goals will be few. Stevenage are no mugs. Any win is a good win.

Stevenage have 6 points from their last 8 games, have dropped from playoffs to 9th and had their manager walk out with 2 games to go.

Of course any win is enough, but if we can't be confident going into this game then we may as well get ready for our summer holidays too.

We've seen the importance of getting the opening goal so hopefully we come out of the blocks strong and everyone has their shooting boots on. One goal may be enough but we ought to be looking at more and getting our swagger back.

We need to start with maximum intensity and preferably a goal or two. How motivated are Stevenage going to be? Im a bit worried that some of our players are running on fumes. Would like to see Oisin Smyth getting proper game time he will be fresh and has got to get on the pitch before MM surely.

Score first. get a second and it will be game over. 0-0 at half time and its going to be terrible.

Still numb after Tuesday. Not sure I can bear to watch the game.

Last edited:

Maybe I’m out of the loop but it’s no wonder the atmosphere is often muted when the club talk to the fans like this . Ive not read anything from fans on here about crowd behavior, except that the atmosphere was finally better. Sledgehammer comes to crack nut comes to mind.

If there are individual cases then deal with them. This sort of message, for something that didn’t even make forum noise, seems over the top. I’d really love to know what they define as β€œoffensive” too. In the words of Ricky Gervais, everything is offensive to someone somewhere.

Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Maybe I’m out of the loop but it’s no wonder the atmosphere is often muted when the club talk to the fans like this . Ive not read anything from fans on here about crowd behavior, except that the atmosphere was finally better. Sledgehammer comes to crack nut comes to mind.

If there are individual cases then deal with them. This sort of message, for something that didn’t even make forum noise, seems over the top. I’d really love to know what they define as β€œoffensive” too. In the words of Ricky Gervais, everything is offensive to someone somewhere.

Probably because it’s the final home game of the season and they don’t want an invasion of the pitch especially being live on telly.
I can’t really think of another reason.

Well this is it ,can we handle the pressure. I hope so for Des otherwise all the good work could be undine. Hopefully we will get a win and a few goals would be great ,we might still need to get a result at Exeter which won't be easy they are playing well. But one game at a time 2 early goals and we will all be better or a horrible win .Every thing crossed going for 2-0 .

Probably because it’s the final home game of the season and they don’t want an invasion of the pitch especially being live on telly.
I can’t really think of another reason.
Not the only ones worried

I expect similar pieces are appearing around EFL clubs heading into the final home games especially in relation to pitch invasions.
There have been some smoke bombs at OUFC in recent weeks too which always prompts a response.

Is this the first, actual, must-win game of the season?
If we lose does that mean the last regular game of the season at Exeter then also becomes must-win?
At least it’s for a much more positive reason unlike last year when we were fighting for our lives to stay up.
A win would be wonderful but we’re on telly and we never, ever make things easy for ourselves.

Was all set to set off from Sheffield at lunchtime. Woke up drenched in sweat, dizzy, sore throat, yep, Covid. Absolutely typical!

So alas I will be getting a Deliveroo KFC and Skysports and sitting for 90 minutes in a state of hell.

I’m not as confident as some given they are bloody huge, close down quickly, and we have zero physical threat, but only needs one chance!

Come on!!

Back
Top Bottom