Away Match Day Thread 18/10/2022 EFL Trophy: Sutton United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Smyth got subbed on but hasn't been able to turn it around. Looks like KR got that one correct.
Thought he looked quite tidy, cannot expect him to get 15mins in that side and look decent . What did Browne do ? Bodin shocking .

Not even playing the Sutton first team, only 5 of their starters tonight also started their last league game. Over half the Sutton side are their regular back up players. No one has actually made that point so far I don’t think, but it makes the result and performance even more embarrassing!
7 changes made by Sutton

Clutching at straws he did say that some players had played their way out of the team although obvs not the ones we've yet to see properly. And we have heard that one before ...dear, oh dear.

Well, kr said some players have worked their way out of his thoughts based on tonight's performance. I'd say, therefore, that Matty is benched and G'oD starts.

Doesn't matter really, I think we've lost the next 3 games at least 🥺😭🤮
I suspect Matty won't be one of the players dropped because he's one of KR's favourites.

Anderson didn't play like a prime Lazio starter so bin him off. Goodrham apparently shouldn't be missing a header, despite only being 5"4, Bodin leaping in front of him and getting nowhere near it, and still managing to get it to hit the post, but no goal so he'll be out the 18. Oisin Smyth didn't score a hat trick in his 10 minute cameo so he'll disappear for 6 more months. Jodi Jones had the audacity to get injured so he'll not be seen ever again.

But you can guarantee Taylor will start, and Bodin will be in the 18 despite being the two least effective attackers all season, including Goodrham, O'Donkor and Spasov.

So, if I heard right, KR made changes for the Chelsea game and we lost. He made changes again this evening, and we lost. The changes caused the players to not play together and according to plan, if I heard correctly?
So, the reason we lost both games is down to the changes, is that right?

Ergo, KR, you are responsible.

Thursday for news on baldock and Murphy doesn’t sound promising either. Assumed he thought there’s been enough bad news for one night.

So, if I heard right, KR made changes for the Chelsea game and we lost. He made changes again this evening, and we lost. The changes caused the players to not play together and according to plan, if I heard correctly?

If the squad isn't good enough, Karl should be looking to blame the person who's been building it for the past four years. Oh wait.

Yep you heard correct. Its like the saying a bad tradesman always blames his tools. Absolutely clueless this season.

I suspect Matty won't be one of the players dropped because he's one of KR's favourites.

Anderson didn't play like a prime Lazio starter so bin him off. Goodrham apparently shouldn't be missing a header, despite only being 5"4, Bodin leaping in front of him and getting nowhere near it, and still managing to get it to hit the post, but no goal so he'll be out the 18. Oisin Smyth didn't score a hat trick in his 10 minute cameo so he'll disappear for 6 more months. Jodi Jones had the audacity to get injured so he'll not be seen ever again.

But you can guarantee Taylor will start, and Bodin will be in the 18 despite being the two least effective attackers all season, including Goodrham, O'Donkor and Spasov.
I know what you're saying but Matty did f**k all again tonight. Tyler was ok first half, Gaitlain had two shots on target when he came on and looked like he was bothering their defence a by it and Slavi is going well on loan. I like Matty as we all do but he's just another of our underperforming players at the moment.

Thursday for news on baldock and Murphy doesn’t sound promising either. Assumed he thought there’s been enough bad news for one night.
How come both were available last Saturday Baldock didn’t get on and Murphy played 5 mins and didn’t get injured

So where’s the problem

Honestly, the clap trap that comes out of KR’s mouth is astounding.

1) I couldn’t give a monkeys if the lg2 reserve team keeper was MOTM. So what? Why weren’t our first team squad good enough to beat him?

2) The phantom shits that have apparently ravaged the squad - had KR filled the squad with the additional 5 squad placed that were available, those stricken players could have been relieved of their duties for the night, couldn’t they? Unfortunately, it didn’t happen.

3) How can any of them played their way out of contention? We don’t have a big enough squad to discard players.

This competition doesn’t matter to the supporters. However, to the Board of Directors it did and we have undoubtedly fallen short.

It’s a complete farce of a club that we all support at the moment. Something has to give…and soon.

Of course they will, it's ANOTHER poor performance and poor result.

Jerome Sale on the other hand... almost as deluded as KR himself.
Maybe come 5pm on Saturday on the drive home will turn the radio off coz they see about as boring as each other both talk the same s**t!!!

Outside of everything else, there’s plenty of on field evidence for KR to go.

We have no play style/identity, none of the players (aside from McGuane) have improved this season, with most regressing and KR has failed in his pizza cup objective and is failing in his league objective after being provided a top 3/4 budget.

I think most can suffer poor runs if we can see where the team/club is trying to go. We have ditched our recruitment strategy, we seemingly have no philosophy throughout the club…even if it’s a load of BS, it give the fans something to believe in.

This is all of KR’s doing. The entire squad is by his design. By any measure you choose, we are underperforming and that is on one person.

Throw in the poor first team management structure and lack of a Head of Academy and things are looking dicey. From KR’s perspective, making himself indispensable through taking on so many roles looks to currently be keeping him in a job.

Last edited:
You played in it?

If so, are you still playing? We could probably do with you.
I may as well have 😂

But no. What I’m saying is I could hardly bring myself to sit on my backside and watch another half-hearted game of football being played in front of nobody.

So I can imagine for a player, it’s not difficult to leave your best performance at home. Whether that’s professional or not, it’s hardly surprising.

KR hasn’t lost the dressing room. Exeter was a good, committed performance just 3 days ago. So I don’t buy that for a minute. But he’s failed to get this group of players to take that game seriously and do a professional job of it. He couldn’t even be arsed to do the pre-match interview himself and sent a stooge.

The money in this competition meant far more to Sutton than us and they still made 6 changes - they hardly threw the kitchen sink at it.

The difference was they still tried to win because otherwise why bother turning up. I’m not sure why we did. It was a miserable display born out of a complete failure to prepare properly and professionally for a game of football.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom