Home Match Day Thread 17/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will have to do what other properly run clubs do when the football has been s**t and you are facing relegation so early in the season negotiate a pay off.
Is that so? How many managers have been sacked so far this season?

But its his team? He knew Dickie was leaving, and other areas needed firming up?

Yes, and plenty on here were calling for an experienced head in defence when Dickie went.

That's the scary thing for me, who do we have to come back?

Someone who is thought by many to be a player-coach at most and a man whose experience at this level can be measured in minutes. Worrying times defensively.

Too dark tonight?
Walked under a ladder?
Gypsy curse?
Hangover from Wembley.
Crewe cheated because they started the game late.
Ref missed an obvious penalty.
Bad day at the office for Jamo.
We miss the fans.
Artell didn’t fist pump us at end of game.
Looking at free agents this week.
Tiger texted me offering his support by 915. (He’s a great man he watches games at 5am)
I love my players.
They’ll be in at 730 am tomorrow.
Hanson wasn’t my signing.
Etc etc

That was f*****g embarrassing. Disgraceful performance.
First box left unticked yet again - no fight, no desire, no bravery, poor decisions and no urgency - all mental issues. Robinson might protect his players in public by by christ I hope he's f*****g swinging haymakers in that changing room tonight because those players are gonna cost him his job if this continues a little longer.

Physically, we look very unfit. Crewe were 1st to the ball even though they had a game a few days ago. We moved the ball slowly, wanted too many touches - perhaps down to lack of movement.

We need to try a different system. My choice would be wingbacks in a 3-5-2. Let Obita and Clare get forward, 3 in the midfield, one protector and 2 up top... Taylor and Agyei for me.

Two sessions of training tomorrow, no more covid19 s**t, throw some fucks around, get back to basics.

f*****g livid - Im going to bed. Screw you guys.

No just an honest observation and with this recruitment shambles either he has to go or we bring a better recruitment team and someone above him in a role that would include recruitment that wouldn’t include Robinsons bullshit recruitment tactics.
Sounds like you dont know who's fault it is or why

I can’t help but think that something fundamental is not quite right within the squad/behind the scenes.

Robinson’s decision making is baffling. Numerous players are being played out of position including: Clare, Obita (played most of his games at full back for Reading, Henry in a CM role (despite being quite brilliant from the right last season). That’s not to mention Cooper not making the match day squad and Taylor being replaced by Winnall when 1-0 down with 30 minutes to go.

Mousinho HAS to play, currently. For me, Obita moves to left back, Mous and Moore at CB with Long at full back.
Ruffles is a shadow of the player he was last season and Clare cannot currently defend adequately at LG1 level. Both need to be removed from the firing line for the time being.

make no mistake, I’m usually a glass half full supporter but right now, I’m incredibly concerned about the rest of this season.

I can’t help but think that something fundamental is not quite right within the squad/behind the scenes.

Robinson’s decision making is baffling. Numerous players are being played out of position including: Clare, Obita (played most of his games at full back for Reading, Henry in a CM role (despite being quite brilliant from the right last season). That’s not to mention Cooper not making the match day squad and Taylor being replaced by Winnall when 1-0 down with 30 minutes to go.

Mousinho HAS to play, currently. For me, Obita moves to left back, Mous and Moore at CB with Long at full back.
Ruffles is a shadow of the player he was last season and Clare cannot currently defend adequately at LG1 level. Both need to be removed from the firing line for the time being.

make no mistake, I’m usually a glass half full supporter but right now, I’m incredibly concerned about the rest of this season.
Maybe oufc are falling ....err...Short this campaign?

I know everybody will be delighted to see me. But here goes. If ever a game left me utterly convinced we are destined to relegation this is it. Its the one where all our ducks came home to roost.

- not signing a centre back
- taking a cheap punt on a striker
- not signing an experienced right back
- Karl Robinsons displaying less tactical nous than a pork pie.

Crewe are the very definition of an average team. Yet we made them look like Brazil.

For all the who, what whys and buts, we are an utterly rotten team, with a manager who appears to have run out of ideas.

And nothing is miraculously going to change before January. 9 points from ten games?! Mr Robinson should be thoroughly ashamed tonight.

That was a shockingly bad performance all round.... drop at least 6 of tonights starting 11 ...play some of the young prospects they will (at least) give 100% effort ...and run through walls for the shirt ....and they cant do any worse than that embarrassment on show tonight
100% agree, but...if only! KR is beyond rigid and won't do anything but tinker.
The next 3 games are big: Wigan appear to be even worse than us, so we must get at least a point there; Pompey could be carnage; then Swindon.
If we don't give a better account of ourselves in the Swindon game KR will really have lost the fan base.
He won't lose his job simply because of the current set up at OUFC where an absentee owner is happy to have a willing body to do all the day-to-day stuff.

. Our lot couldn’t keep hold of the ball and couldn’t pass. On one occasion Someone of ours (Clare?) took the ball down in our half just short of half way. He was facing our goal.There were options to his left and right and the goalie (yea ok not the best option given how off Simon is) as well. While he stood there and thought about it the Crewe guy set off from just outside his box ran round him and took the ball. Nobody called. I think that sums up our performance first half. I didn’t see the second half as it was on pause over dinner then iPlayer dropped out and by the time I got it restarted the game was over... my Crewe supporting friend said we were better second half....but then I don’t think we could have been worse.

Not a good night, but another ‘positive’ result for Crewe at Oxford I guess.

so...

I agree with the principle but disagree with the detail

Claire was bought as a RB by the recruitment committee so rightly or wrongly he is not out of position

Obita hasn't played enough minutes to be relevant

Henry has had enough games at RW and been just as ineffectual

Mousinho i agree but only if he's fit to play but it doesn't look like he is

Is there anyone at the club with the seniority to talk to KR about his choices and discuss what needs to be done? Presumably Faz is still about somewhere?
Faz was moved from coaching to scouting in the summer, and there lies the biggest problem. Robbo needs to swallow his pride, grovel, apologise & beg Faz to come back to coach the 1st team. And then get Faz heavily involved in the recruitment process for getting a replacement coach in for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom