Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/09/19 L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC +++

Some of us warned you about expecting a big win. I for one am not at all surprised at the result. Not that it gives me any pleasure.

Never got in behind or looked like scoring. We just don't get behind defences and stretch them. Too much softly softly, tippy tappy nonsense in midfield with little flicks and backheels, and not enough moving the ball quickly and going past a man with purpose. Woodburn epitomises this - no good. Too many dangly ankles and little flicks that either go astray or play people into trouble. Taylor's entire game is based on runs off the shoulder but not once tonight did we look to get on the turn and play the ball through, even though he was up against a donkey in Hobbs and an ageing runner in Wright who has played about four games in the last two years. It isn't good enough by a long shot to go up there and not have a proper go at them. The manner of that was deeply disappointing.

But at least we didn't lose.

I just feel sorry for those who spent their time and money going to watch that rubbish (but well done for doing so). How I wish the chairman had waited before signing us up for more years of this.
Any chairman worth his salt would sack robinson, nice bloke just doesn't cut it any more, it,s so predictable and depressing at the moment, i knew we wouldn't win tonight, season already looks like a relegation fight.

The really damning thing about that performance is that Bolton played a really open game, at no point did they shut up shop and go for the point.
A decent team would have profited from that.
Robinson blaming the ref (sorry, not justified on this occasion).

Robinson having a pop at the ref who I didn’t think was actually that bad tonight. We’ve had worse!

He’s also pointing to lack of fitness for our players. Against Bolton??!

It's OK, we kept another clean sheet. He's a spin doctor.

Back
Top Bottom