Home Match Day Thread +++ 21/12/19 OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just watched the ifollow highlights both yellows for Akinfenwa were justified and having used the pause button Taylor was not offside as the Wycombe defenders left foot played him on.

Just asking. . . Who was the t**t who threw the smoke bomb just after we scored?

Idiot deserves everything he gets if caught, and I hope he is caught. Imagine that hits a kid, horrible things that bring nothing to an atmosphere except a bad cough. Pathetic that people are willing to risk jail time for the sake of a bit of smoke, they need to grow up!

... having used the pause button Taylor was not offside as the Wycombe defenders left foot played him on.
Hmm, well I too looked at that and paused it. Honestly, I don't think you can tell. The angle is awful, the image not crystal clear and it's certainly closer (when the ball leaves the foot) than I thought it was at the time. The irritating thing is, he had so much time that if he'd been one pace backwards he would still have got there and would have been definitely on. At least it ended up not mattering.

Tell you what. When a L1 side beats us with Cadden, Dickie, Gorrin, Brannagan, Baptiste, Henry, Fosu and Taylor all playing, I will watch it back and we can have a good old debate about how they did it!

We could use Man City but I think the answer is just to have Mahrez and Sterling and then give it to them and it will probably be fine.

Hopefully that will never happen! Although we have lost games with 7 of those 8...

Idiot deserves everything he gets if caught, and I hope he is caught. Imagine that hits a kid, horrible things that bring nothing to an atmosphere except a bad cough. Pathetic that people are willing to risk jail time for the sake of a bit of smoke, they need to grow up!
I was surprised no-one had already brought this up.

Hopefully that will never happen! Although we have lost games with 7 of those 8...

I would want to see one in the business end of the season. Four of the eight were new to the club and everyone needed to learn each other's games. Taylor needed match fitness - as have many players returning to the side in recent weeks.

I would be far happier if we just don't lose again of course but I will never expect Oxford to make it easy :)

This Anti-football tag really has to go. They are top of the league and to do that they must have something about them. Whatever they have, they are no mugs. They are certainly not going to come here and try to go toe to toe, because we will rip them a new one. I expect them to be very tough to break down and quite inventive getting forward. We have the class to win it but we will need to bring the A game. We do that, and there is only one winner.
You were right, very hard to break down and a couple of players with real pace. I bet they’re highlights are full of break away goals.

My Wycombe friend thinks that Mous has always been a dirty cheat and seems to view him a bit like we do Westley .. whereas we think of him as a gent as he is so articulate and nice on the radio. Funny how perceptions vary
Seeing that Mous played over 70 games for them it could be a case of takes one to know one re dirty cheats from your wycombe mate ? ;)

EMasy2DUEAAL3RF

Has anyone watching the full game spotted the incident KR was alluding too on Rad Ox?

I watched it live (in the stadium) and thought nothing of it, thought it was just Jamie Mackie on the wind up but watching it back, he did seem pretty annoyed. He seemed to be touched "inappropriately" by one of their players and seemed quite annoyed about it. Not sure if that's what it was but that's all I could think of...
Has anyone watching the full game spotted the incident KR was alluding too on Rad Ox?

I watched it live (in the stadium) and thought nothing of it, thought it was just Jamie Mackie on the wind up but watching it back, he did seem pretty annoyed. He seemed to be touched "inappropriately" by one of their players and seemed quite annoyed about it. Not sure if that's what it was but that's all I could think of...

The mind boggles.

Id agree with the chant that wycombe are a team full of wankers....but id doubt even ainsworth would be instructing his players to act (or touch)'innapropriately' opposition players :rolleyes: :oops:

Id agree with the chant that wycombe are a team full of wankers....but id doubt even ainsworth would be instructing his players to act (or touch)'innapropriately' opposition players :rolleyes: :oops:
Well he squeezed his a**e, and mackie seemed annoyed with it. I don’t think it’s an Ainsworth tactic but clearly he was trying to get a reaction... ?‍♂️

Could be thanks for the response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom