Away Match Day Thread 17/02/2024 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Silly question incoming from me.

I’ve thought long is the next problem to be fixed ever since we sorted out the left back issue. He’s a lower half league one right back.

Could Bennett play right back?
Maybe Leigh he's class

I heard this, but couldn't really make it work.

If McGuane was in the squad, meaning JMc wasn’t, how does this free up Burey's space?
Well I think (I don't know) there would have been space for an another attacking winger on the bench.

Five unbeaten, good points at home to Portsmouth who just can't seem to stop winning, away at Blackpool and Wycombe which are both decent, only the Reading home was more disappointing although they are not the roll overs some think.
It's the performances that seem a bit hit and miss but get a good run at the most important time now in the run in we could be in for a memorable end of the season. COYY

Five unbeaten, good points at home to Portsmouth who just can't seem to stop winning, away at Blackpool and Wycombe which are both decent, only the Reading home was more disappointing although they are not the roll overs some think.
It's the performances that seem a bit hit and miss but get a good run at the most important time now in the run in we could be in for a memorable end of the season. COYY

Win the next two home games and it’s been a good run of results for me, we will be right there in the play offs mix. Win at home draw away gets us in the play offs.

The playoffs beckon in my view, we will finish 5th or 6th. Then, who knows, probably go out to someone like Bolton.
I’ve said before that we are a good team but not a top team and unfortunately injuries have added to it.

So you sat looking at the away dugout throughout the game? It must have been riveting. And to assess Chris Hackett's body language whilst he was sitting down. Wow, what a talent!
Plus WW let people mike up the away team tech area...

We haven`t lost in 5. :)

Is your glass half full or half empty?
Personally I’d rather win one and lose one! Average of 1.5 points per game! You can go a whole season unbeaten and still get relegated (draw every game) so being unbeaten is only something to smile about when you are winning regularly too!

Again…massive performance issues. And it’s a mental block isn’t it? Two thirds of the game playing like we did, and only in the last 25 mins did we show anything to get excited about. The fans suddenly went up a few notches. Funny that.

We will NOT finish in a playoff place.

And if we did manage that feat and by some miracle go up, we will come straight back down, and I fear it will do us more harm than good.

I’d much rather go up, and be better prepared. We are miles away from that. I’d also rather go up with a better stadium to where we are currently.

And if we did manage that feat and by some miracle go up, we will come straight back down, and I fear it will do us more harm than good.

I’d much rather go up, and be better prepared. We are miles away from that. I’d also rather go up with a better stadium to where we are currently.
On.the basis that you said we would definitely not make the play offs, if we won that would be a very good achievement?
Then if course if we did go up ( where we would have to beat what Bolton or Derby), it would be all about recruitment.
To me the next 2 games are critical. You are far better at looking into your crystal ball than me !

On.the basis that you said we would definitely not make the play offs, if we won that would be a very good achievement?
Then if course if we did go up ( where we would have to beat what Bolton or Derby), it would be all about recruitment.
To me the next 2 games are critical. You are far better at looking into your crystal ball than me !

It would also show how poor Lge 1 is this season.

I’m still yet to see a supporter tell us what the game plans are each time this side takes to the field.

Do you know what the game plan is… because myself and others just don’t see it.

So if we do get to the playoffs this year, presumably you won't be attending?

We’re 10/11 to make the playoffs.

If we go up, we’ll have far greater income and the chance to attract better quality players whether we stay up or not.

So we give up on this season because the play offs are apparently impossible, and if by some miracle we got there (despite already sitting 6th!) we won't win. Or if we did win then we'd go straight back down next season?

And then I guess we shouldn’t bother for the next 2 or 3 seasons because the stadium won't be ready either.

We have a load of defeatist posts on here, but that is topping the lot!

I think we will finish in a play off place but we won't win them. Every other team around us is just as inconsistent.

Blackpool in the last 5 games lost against Cheltenham and Stevenage away , Drew against Us and Charlton at home, only the win away yesterday against Posh was a decent result for them.

Peterborough on an awful run in the last 5, lost against Blackpool and Wigan at home, lost against Exeter and Wycombe away and only just scraped a 0-0 away at Lincoln.

Stevenage while they won against Blackpool at home they have lost at home to Reading and Bristol rovers, Drew away at Port Vale and Lost to Derby away

Leyton Orient have won 3 and lost 2 out of the last 5 but 2 of them wins came against strugglers Carlisle at home and Port Vale away. They lost at home to Burton yesterday.

Still all to play for.

So we give up on this season because the play offs are apparently impossible, and if by some miracle we got there (despite already sitting 6th!) we won't win. Or if we did win then we'd go straight back down next season?

And then I guess we shouldn’t bother for the next 2 or 3 seasons because the stadium won't be ready either.

We have a load of defeatist posts on here, but that is topping the lot!
It's not even glass half empty, it's glass with nothing in it at all!

Back
Top Bottom