Home Match Day Thread 16/4/24 Oxford United v Lincoln City

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still in our hands but it wouldn’t be OUFC if we made it easy for ourselves.

What I will say is that the ref was f*****g shocking!! How do you add on just 60 seconds when the ball is only in play for at best, 3 minutes of the 6 minutes injury time!!

Annoyed with that. We've looked great in the past few games, but we didn't take the few chances we created and were sloppy to give away a penalty. We're still in the driving seat, and I think any of the three teams below us would rather be in our position, but I do worry about our lack of depth especially in the forward areas if the front three doesn't quite fire like tonight.

The mistake we made was having too much possession. Needed 30% again instead of 60.

Sorry to say it but we had our pockets picked by a canny side who had done their homework. Don't give us space to breathe, neutralise Murphy, make the back line turn and be aware that we have little adaptability or Plan B.

Extremely disappointing performance, a big response needed on Friday.

Night all.

Massive, Massive, pressure on us and I don't think we have the players to handle it .Mr Evans will love Friday and I think he will have the nouce to do our Des sadly. Lincoln have done a job on us and we've been sucked in .Fingers crossed we can win on Friday.

Murphy tried to do too much and they doubled up on him. Lacking in ideas on the rest of the pitch. Lincoln were poor but we didn't do enough to get back in it.

Against cloggers like that we really miss Moore, especially attacking set pieces. Few off the pace today, wide players especially so. Harris barely had a kick second half.

We go again on Friday.

Have they been done by expectation

Wouldn't say that, necessarily.

First half was alright. They came out half asleep for the start of the second half. And once Lincoln got ahead, it was 45 minutes of straight-up s***housery from them. On the basis of that, they're a thoroughly nasty bunch. But you can see why they've conceded so few goals this year.

Still, we're still in the driver's seat. Two more wins and we're in. We're just likely not going to be able to relax before the season's end.

And if you want a positive from tonight.....the two hundred or so scouts watching Josh Murphy likely won't have gone home with glowing write-ups. Better chance of us keeping him now!

I can’t believe we’ve just lost to the Gimps.

Outthought today, and had little to offer going forward. That was a complete contrast to Saturday. Shame, but not good enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom